coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

I had high hopes for Sarri at the beginning of the season but the man is out of his depth I’m afraid.

I can’t understand how people can defend him, Spackers was saying in the commentary that Sarri needs to change something during the game. Trouble is he has no idea what to do, tactically inept.

Can’t wait for another season of this dross!

4 minutes ago, JAT said:

I had high hopes for Sarri at the beginning of the season but the man is out of his depth I’m afraid.

I can’t understand how people can defend him, Spackers was saying in the commentary that Sarri needs to change something during the game. Trouble is he has no idea what to do, tactically inept.

Can’t wait for another season of this dross!

I’m the furthest thing from a Sarri fan but, regardless of how, he’s just got us to a European final.

Just enjoy it, even if only for tonight.

43 minutes ago, Old Shaggy said:

He got us to a final but f**k me we stunk the place out! Every other English team got through by playing footbal, but we somehow fall over the line backwards with the ball stuck between our legs.

Don't know if I could stomach the final with this God awful set of players!

im confused.

are you blaming sarri?

or the players ?

We look horrific but we somehow gets some decent results in the end. Last five matches we have won 1 and drawn 4. Yet we are in Top 4 and an European-final. Which is great.

But this is clearly not a sustainable "strategy" to think it will last. Tonight i celebrate but there is absolute zero doubt in my mind that we have to start fresh with a new manager.

What was up with the bizarre situation where the manager wouldn't join his squad for the last motivational speech out on the field? He was walking up and down like he was a lost kid in a supermarket.

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

We look horrific but we somehow gets some decent results in the end. Last five matches we have won 1 and drawn 4. Yet we are in Top 4 and an European-final. Which is great.

But this is clearly not a sustainable "strategy" to think it will last. Tonight i celebrate but there is absolute zero doubt in my mind that we have to start fresh with a new manager.

What was up with the bizarre situation where the manager wouldn't join his squad for the last motivational speech out on the field? He was walking up and down like he was a lost kid in a supermarket.

Then by all means suggest one. 

It is all well and good to suggest a managerial change but I don't recall you recommending a particular replacement - at least, not in this thread. 

I myself have outlined a few potential ones but they all carry their own risks and some were IMO unsuitable. 

I made a knee jerk reaction last weekend after we made top 4 and said although I don't rate Sarri he deserved another season, may I apologise for my reaction, being at bridge last night and again watching a manager whose half time team talks must so inspiring we come out sh*t nearly every second half, a manager whose once again was clueless on the touchline without no idea how to tactically change things, a manager who took our best player off and did like for like substitutions when the second half performance needed changing, I am convinced we finished in top 4 inspite of Sarri and not because. Sorry he is not good enough must go after Baku.

I think we just end up going through managers for the sake of it, The supposed next big thing isn't there and I don't see anyone out there that'll improve us. Allegri plays some seriously dreadful football.

8 hours ago, Old Shaggy said:

We were far from sh*t while playing against some of Europe best teams. one of them at home in the final!

Today we were playing Frankfurt ffs!

Yes we were, we were terrible that year. Bayern were all over us and how we ended up winning is still nothing short of a miracle. But because we won, it’s all blue tinted glasses and a convenient forgetfulness about how poor we had been compared to the previous Chelsea teams that actually deserved to win it but didn’t. 

Yes we should have been more convincing against Frankfurt, but we’re in the final now and that’s what ultimately matters.

Just now, Kentonio said:

Yes we were, we were terrible that year. Bayern were all over us and how we ended up winning is still nothing short of a miracle. But because we won, it’s all blue tinted glasses and a convenient forgetfulness about how poor we had been compared to the previous Chelsea teams that actually deserved to win it but didn’t. 

Yes we should have been more convincing against Frankfurt, but we’re in the final now and that’s what ultimately matters.

There is a huge difference between being sh*t and being ultra defensive. We started that campaign with AVB, and with him in charge playing the high line we were terrible. Once De Matteo took over we switched back to a more defend first then counter attack style which worked wonders to get us to the final. Once in the final we played an ultra defensive style which took a huge amount of concentration and skill from our players, who, if you remember correctly, played magnificently! (Not sh*t)

So no, we weren't terrible in 2012... We were last night though!

22 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

I think we just end up going through managers for the sake of it, The supposed next big thing isn't there and I don't see anyone out there that'll improve us. Allegri plays some seriously dreadful football.

Allegri is really more of a coach who adds the finishing touches to a side (Milan 10/11, Juventus) rather than being adept at rebuilding a side. His attempt to rebuild Milan was a failure, for example. He wouldn't be right for Chelsea ATM. 

There is a huge difference between being sh*t and being ultra defensive. We started that campaign with AVB, and with him in charge playing the high line we were terrible. Once De Matteo took over we switched back to a more defend first then counter attack style which worked wonders to get us to the final. Once in the final we played an ultra defensive style which took a huge amount of concentration and skill from our players, who, if you remember correctly, played magnificently! (Not sh*t)

And that is the difference between trying to play football and sitting back waiting for one or two chances to break and hoping the football gods shine their blessings upon you - you risk more. You risk looking bad, you risk your organisation etc etc.

57 minutes ago, Old Shaggy said:

A few comments from the CL final match thread of this very forum to stir your memory..

On 19/05/2012 at 21:21, Roman_Ivanovic said:

Make that on target.

They're killing us with chances, luckily for us they're not finishing them but we are playing as bad as Liverpool in the FA Cup Final here. CHRIST!!!

On 19/05/2012 at 21:37, chelseablueboy said:

C'mon the Chels.......

Surely we are better than this, since when did we become the little underdog team ???????????

On 19/05/2012 at 22:21, Ozztheboss said:

You know that they're better than us when even Drogba fails to keep possession.

On 19/05/2012 at 22:25, chelseablueboy said:

No more than we f**kin deserve..

Defend.. defend.. defend .. WHAT THE f**k IS THAT

On 19/05/2012 at 21:38, axman2526 said:

Am surprised how positive it is on here,are we watching the same game?

Both sides have been a credit in their work ethics so far no doubt but Is only through sheer luck and bad finishing from Bayern the game is not done and dusted already. It is worrying how easily they have made it in to our box, we got major luck with the Robben effort Cech knocked on to the post. Have offered very little going forward.

Carry on like this and appears a matter of when rather than if Bayern put us to the sword.

Any of this sound any different to the match threads from this year? The night we beat Bayern was one of the best football nights I've ever had, but let's not pretend we won it through some display of football genius. We won it because we got lucky that night, and it didn't matter a damn because many of the same players should have won several CL's before that and they deserved to finally lift that big bastard trophy and scream in the faces of the European giants who had treated us like upstarts until that night. 

This forum has been full of wailing and teeth gnashing this year, with people talking like its the end of days because a new manager hasn't turned us into the new Barcelona overnight. It's long past time that people remembered that there's been plenty of times when we didn't look like much before but still went on to have some of the greatest nights in the clubs history.

Now can we just enjoy making it to another European trophy final, support the manager and the lads and have some fun again? Tomorrow will bring what it brings, but Chelsea will still be here regardless.

6 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

A few comments from the CL final match thread of this very forum to stir your memory..

Any of this sound any different to the match threads from this year? The night we beat Bayern was one of the best football nights I've ever had, but let's not pretend we won it through some display of football genius. We won it because we got lucky that night, and it didn't matter a damn because many of the same players should have won several CL's before that and they deserved to finally lift that big bastard trophy and scream in the faces of the European giants who had treated us like upstarts until that night. 

This forum has been full of wailing and teeth gnashing this year, with people talking like its the end of days because a new manager hasn't turned us into the new Barcelona overnight. It's long past time that people remembered that there's been plenty of times when we didn't look like much before but still went on to have some of the greatest nights in the clubs history.

Now can we just enjoy making it to another European trophy final, support the manager and the lads and have some fun again? Tomorrow will bring what it brings, but Chelsea will still be here regardless.

Mate, If you think a few fan posts from this forum are going to convince me that we were indeed sh*t against Bayern then think again. Between this forum and the the official site forum there are similar posts to the ones you've posted above every match, every season. That team in 2012 put up what can only be described as an heroic fight against a team in their own back yard in a a champions league final. Just because we didn't play Barcelona style tippy tappy football against them does not mean we were sh*t!

If that team last night had 20% of the fight and passion of the 2012 team, we would have won comfortably.

Keep Sarri and get rid of Zola for me. 

The team selections have been great the last few months, giving youth a go, playing a back 4, making good substitutions. 

Sarri lacks the motivational skills to get in the middle of the players a rile them up, he's here for his footballing brain though. Bring in someone like Terry or Didier as assistant, who would have been stood in the middle of the lads last night getting them pumped up and ready to fight for the badge.

For the life of me i can't see what Zola is other than a glorified translator. 

Win the Europa to stay. He needs it, we need it. Otherwise our season is a failure imo. We are not wenger's arsenal. The top 4 trophy only exists to them.
Considering the fact that we didn't make top 4 last season, I think this season is already a success even by finishing in the champions league spot and playing in two cup finals. I would have taken that in the beginning of the season.

Tottenham got there by scoring in the 96th minute and Liverpool got there by losing 3-0 in the first leg. 
Yes their games were more exciting, they did something amazing in coming back, but they put themselves in that position in the first place. It wasn't because they were playing great football for 180 minutes!
Haha, but you know deep inside you that with Sarri in charge here, we probably won't even get a draw over 2 legs against either Ajax or Barcelona right?

7 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Keep Sarri and get rid of Zola for me. 

The team selections have been great the last few months, giving youth a go, playing a back 4, making good substitutions. 

Sarri lacks the motivational skills to get in the middle of the players a rile them up, he's here for his footballing brain though. Bring in someone like Terry or Didier as assistant, who would have been stood in the middle of the lads last night getting them pumped up and ready to fight for the badge.

For the life of me i can't see what Zola is other than a glorified translator. 

Zola should work for sky or BT as a pundit, nice lovely bloke, but he's the one out of his depth on the sidelines if you ask me.

Just now, wallosh said:

Haha, but you know deep inside you that with Sarri in charge here, we probably won't even get a draw over 2 legs against either Ajax or Barcelona right?

We beat Liverpool and Spurs in 2 legged ties this season. Beat City, Took them to pens in the final. When we want to we can beat anyone.

or lose to anyone but whatever thats irrelevant.

Like seriously, you don't see anyone out there that will improve us? You might want to edit that!

14 minutes ago, Andy North said:

Who?

There are quite a few good young managers out there;  Hasenhüttl, Rose and Favre will do a good job. 

One of my concerns with Sarri is he takes too much time in identifying problems and driving change. Could be an age thing.

Haha, I think you over exaggerate it a bit. We weren't as terrible in that game as you think. Both Barcelona and Bayern were the best teams in Europe at that time. We had lots of top and experience players, but still we can't go head to head with either of them and come out victorious because they are the best attacking team in Europe. They have easily eliminated all the teams that couldn't match there attacking strength. When we came up against them, we knew the only way to get something from the game is to sit back and frustrate there attacking game and we succeeded, the tactic wasn't beautiful but it gave us our first champions league trophy.