Jump to content


coco

Sarri - In or Out?


Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

  1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

    • In
      120
    • Out
      64


Recommended Posts

What I find quite amusing about this whole scenario is that it is strikingly similar to Pep's situation at Manchester City in his first season. Genuinely. It's said a lot but going back and looking at the comments from 2016 from City fans is exactly the same. "He's one dimensional." "He's got no plan B." "These tactics don't work in the Premier League." Guess what? That's a complete myth. "Oh these tactics don't work in the Premier League, this isn't Serie A, he's been found out." Don't you think that targeting the regista is the most obvious tactic ever? If he's the key cog in your team, focusing on him isn't some kind of tactical masterclass, I kid you not this happened almost every single game in Serie A. There was a major difference though. In Serie A, Napoli were able to spread the ball to wingbacks who bombed forward and players had much better movement in that team. Poor Jorginho, who in my opinion has actually had a very good season, is being blamed for the failings of our awful fullbacks. Imagine if we got in DaSilva, Aina and Reece James with Emerson and those were our 4 starting fullbacks. Don't you think our performances would be much better? Even in terms of chances created we've created more than I believe everyone but Man City, I may be wrong, just from memory. Imagine if we had an actual finisher like Tammy Abraham, or Luka Jovic, or a player like Dybala, or Lautaro Martinez. We would be so so much better. Do I think we're going to make as big an improvement as City 2016-17 to 2017-18? Of course not, but we can significantly improve if we give Sarri the players he wants because he's the one who almost founded his style of play and knows what's needed to improve it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, zes said:

f**k. another dinosaur. this has to be a nightmare. I am Italian and know what Juve fans think of him. Gets shown up in Europe due to sitting back all the time with dinosaur tactics and their annual scudetto win in a league where they get first dips in recruiting the best players. 

Not gonna happen! If we're ever going to win the title again it wont be by going backwards with stoneage tactics.  I think Roman and co know things have moved on and defensive, pragmatic football has had it's day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, zes said:

f**k. another dinosaur. this has to be a nightmare. I am Italian and know what Juve fans think of him. Gets shown up in Europe due to sitting back all the time with dinosaur tactics and their annual scudetto win in a league where they get first dips in recruiting the best players. 

Yeh, winning the scudetto with Juve seemed a normal thing to do after a while.

 

I would like to see Lampard if Sarri has to go. May be too soon and people say he needs to prove himself at Derby, but what can he prove at Derby to make himself good enough for Chelsea? Nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Desailly123 said:

What I find quite amusing about this whole scenario is that it is strikingly similar to Pep's situation at Manchester City in his first season. Genuinely. It's said a lot but going back and looking at the comments from 2016 from City fans is exactly the same. "He's one dimensional." "He's got no plan B." "These tactics don't work in the Premier League." Guess what? That's a complete myth. "Oh these tactics don't work in the Premier League, this isn't Serie A, he's been found out." Don't you think that targeting the regista is the most obvious tactic ever? If he's the key cog in your team, focusing on him isn't some kind of tactical masterclass, I kid you not this happened almost every single game in Serie A. There was a major difference though. In Serie A, Napoli were able to spread the ball to wingbacks who bombed forward and players had much better movement in that team. Poor Jorginho, who in my opinion has actually had a very good season, is being blamed for the failings of our awful fullbacks. Imagine if we got in DaSilva, Aina and Reece James with Emerson and those were our 4 starting fullbacks. Don't you think our performances would be much better? Even in terms of chances created we've created more than I believe everyone but Man City, I may be wrong, just from memory. Imagine if we had an actual finisher like Tammy Abraham, or Luka Jovic, or a player like Dybala, or Lautaro Martinez. We would be so so much better. Do I think we're going to make as big an improvement as City 2016-17 to 2017-18? Of course not, but we can significantly improve if we give Sarri the players he wants because he's the one who almost founded his style of play and knows what's needed to improve it. 

Slightly agree with you, however if you own a club who are you going to back with huge funds.  Genuine question now.  Sarri or Pep?  Sarri style of play is nothing new, its been around for years.  We don't see it right now with us because the EPL is so different to the Serie A in terms of time on the ball, space, pace, aggression. That's a fact.  That is why Sarri has to adapt to the prem and change things up, alternate, because the EPL certainly won't be adapting to him.  When we are losing and/ or playing poor; , swapping Giroud for Higuain, Barkley for Kova, or Willian for Pedro shows a lack of ideas IMO.  Why not change the formation, go 2 up top, try wingbacks, try Kante in his role and rest Jorginho now and then.   Just show some flexibility  That is my main gripe with Sarri.   And the treatment of Cahill

 

Da Silva, Aina, James, Abraham (apart from Swansea, where their fans were never convinced) have never played properly in the EPL.  Going from the champ to prem is quite a jump for some players.   Plus i think DaSilva and Aina have options to buy which have been taken, apparently.  Sadly, my instinct is that Villa will buy Abraham if they go up, too

Edited by RickUK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think all of them are bullsh*ts. Maurizio Sarri is a serious and respectable man first of all, he will never go to Mafia. Otherwise, I don't think I'll be able to watch a football match again in my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Juventus have contacted Maurizio Sarri’s agent to replace Max Allegri. 

- Gazzetta dello Sport and Sport Italia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 Serie A's, 4 Italian cups and 2 times in CL final. Allegri isn’t that bad to be honest... 
Non of that is close to what Sarri has achieved in his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Juventus have contacted Maurizio Sarri’s agent to replace Max Allegri. 

- Gazzetta dello Sport and Sport Italia.

 

After all the sh*t the media have said about Chelsea the club, the players and the fans, I am shocked that Chelsea fans pay attention to the sh*t stirring of the media. Most of what they say never happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 Serie A's, 4 Italian cups and 2 times in CL final. Allegri isn’t that bad to be honest... 

Six "Scudetti", an additional one with Milan AC, and three Supercoppa (the Italian community Shield, two with Juventus, one with Milan). Allegri quits due troubles with some players, he ask club to sack five of them Dybala, Alex Sandro, Douglas Costa, Mandžukić and João Cancelo. It was impossible, obviously

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not gonna happen! If we're ever going to win the title again it wont be by going backwards with stoneage tactics.  I think Roman and co know things have moved on and defensive, pragmatic football has had it's day.
Were we a defensive team all those times we won the league? Because am confused right now. I can still remember that Conte's team when we won the league in his first season was far more exciting and adventurous than what ever Sarri has served us this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeh, winning the scudetto with Juve seemed a normal thing to do after a while.
 
I would like to see Lampard if Sarri has to go. May be too soon and people say he needs to prove himself at Derby, but what can he prove at Derby to make himself good enough for Chelsea? Nothing. 
I agree with you. He can't really do much at Derby. But if he succeed in bringing them to the EPL and they survive relegation in there first season, I will believe he is good enough to manage us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juventus have contacted Maurizio Sarri’s agent to replace Max Allegri. 
- Gazzetta dello Sport and Sport Italia.
Where is @Bisright? The end of the season just got more interesting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, RickUK said:

Yeh, winning the scudetto with Juve seemed a normal thing to do after a while.

 

I would like to see Lampard if Sarri has to go. May be too soon and people say he needs to prove himself at Derby, but what can he prove at Derby to make himself good enough for Chelsea? Nothing. 

Whilst I'd like to agree with you, he at least needs to prove that he can coach, motivate, improve players and be tactically astute enough to show that he can win matches from the dugout.

Nothing wrong with being a romantic but he needs to start somewhere where the pressure isn't as high. Remember Neville's stint at Valencia? Just because a person seems like an obvious manager candidate doesn't mean he can start straight away at a high profile club like ours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Deino said:

Whilst I'd like to agree with you, he at least needs to prove that he can coach, motivate, improve players and be tactically astute enough to show that he can win matches from the dugout.

Nothing wrong with being a romantic but he needs to start somewhere where the pressure isn't as high. Remember Neville's stint at Valencia? Just because a person seems like an obvious manager candidate doesn't mean he can start straight away at a high profile club like ours

The other night against Leeds, he made a substitution just before halftime which changed the game. From 2 down and being battered to ending up winning.                   Whatever happens the club and  fans have to start giving a manager time to change things and build a team. We haven't done that for nearly 20 years with Claudio. Given time he went on to lay the foundations that lead to the success that followed. 

Edited by Dixons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wallosh said:

Where is @Bisright? The end of the season just got more interesting! emoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.png

Yeah! Going to be good to see us replace Sarri with....well let's just hope lampard joins. Will be a fun year before he gets sacked for us finishing 7th with the fans on his back same as how united are on OGS's back. Otherwise we will be in mid table with Gracia or....literally no idea who joins us. 

Also be nice to see Sarri win the champions League with Juventus in two years. 

Not a hope in hell Allegri comes to Chelsea. But I'd rather Sarri than him anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we sack Sarri and bring in Allegri i'll lose the little bit of faith i have left in our board

We brought in Sarri specifically to change our style of play and identity, to sack him after one season even though he met his aims to bring in a defensive minded manager like Allegri would be hilarious and show this board hasn't got a clue what they are even doing

Nothing against Allegri, he's won a fair few trophies but it would literally make no sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Desailly123 said:

What I find quite amusing about this whole scenario is that it is strikingly similar to Pep's situation at Manchester City in his first season. Genuinely. It's said a lot but going back and looking at the comments from 2016 from City fans is exactly the same. "He's one dimensional." "He's got no plan B." "These tactics don't work in the Premier League." Guess what? That's a complete myth. "Oh these tactics don't work in the Premier League, this isn't Serie A, he's been found out." Don't you think that targeting the regista is the most obvious tactic ever? If he's the key cog in your team, focusing on him isn't some kind of tactical masterclass, I kid you not this happened almost every single game in Serie A. There was a major difference though. In Serie A, Napoli were able to spread the ball to wingbacks who bombed forward and players had much better movement in that team. Poor Jorginho, who in my opinion has actually had a very good season, is being blamed for the failings of our awful fullbacks. Imagine if we got in DaSilva, Aina and Reece James with Emerson and those were our 4 starting fullbacks. Don't you think our performances would be much better? Even in terms of chances created we've created more than I believe everyone but Man City, I may be wrong, just from memory. Imagine if we had an actual finisher like Tammy Abraham, or Luka Jovic, or a player like Dybala, or Lautaro Martinez. We would be so so much better. Do I think we're going to make as big an improvement as City 2016-17 to 2017-18? Of course not, but we can significantly improve if we give Sarri the players he wants because he's the one who almost founded his style of play and knows what's needed to improve it. 

I agree with your point on full/wing backs. Our crossing has been terrible this season and we have played the ball out to Dave and Alonso/Emerson loads. Look at Liverpool and the 2 young kids they play in that position, they weren’t big money signings just fast and playing with no fear. Get Reece James in the team and start creating chances. I’m not a Borginho fan but you might be right that his limited options out wide have made him look even worse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Diamondgeezer said:

I agree with your point on full/wing backs. Our crossing has been terrible this season and we have played the ball out to Dave and Alonso/Emerson loads. Look at Liverpool and the 2 young kids they play in that position, they weren’t big money signings just fast and playing with no fear. Get Reece James in the team and start creating chances. I’m not a Borginho fan but you might be right that his limited options out wide have made him look even worse!

The only thing wrong with what is implied, is that MA is a winner in italy x5 consecutive Serie As, so he is infinitely more able than Sarri

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

The only thing wrong with what is implied, is that MA is a winner in italy x5 consecutive Serie As, so he is infinitely more able than Sarri

 

If you put me in charge of Juventus I’d win the seria A, what sarri did with Napoli was more impressive than juve winning a league that is tantamount to Bayern winning in Germany, you might as well give them the medal at the start of the season, sarri almost changed that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

If you put me in charge of Juventus I’d win the seria A, what sarri did with Napoli was more impressive than juve winning a league that is tantamount to Bayern winning in Germany, you might as well give them the medal at the start of the season, sarri almost changed that 

Doesn't say a lot for Contes achievements then, and he didn't do bad here, not saying i want MA, just playing Devils advocate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't play devils advocate for him when he has all the tools at his disposal to win that league consistently. If we hire Allegri we're going backwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...