coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

49 minutes ago, Brutos said:

So if Sarri goes Juve who would want this sh*t show of a job knowing if they don't perform fans will call for their heads in six months

Steve Bruce, Alan pardew, Harry Redknapp..

1 hour ago, Brutos said:

So if Sarri goes Juve who would want this sh*t show of a job knowing if they don't perform fans will call for their heads in six months

I dunno, ask Real Madrid. 

Love this narrative that we’re this uniquely demanding club and fan base.

Meanwhile in Manchester the chants of “Ole’s at the wheel” have grown deafeningly quiet.

Maurizio has to continue his work in London. It's totally crazy this situation.

It's totally crazy discuss him despite of the targets reached and the hard work done.

Le'ts discuss the players, not the coach !

The roster as individuals is definitely not up to your expectations.

This is no longer the Chelsea of Drogba and Lampard ! Wake up !

Yeah! Going to be good to see us replace Sarri with....well let's just hope lampard joins. Will be a fun year before he gets sacked for us finishing 7th with the fans on his back same as how united are on OGS's back. Otherwise we will be in mid table with Gracia or....literally no idea who joins us. 
Also be nice to see Sarri win the champions League with Juventus in two years. 
Not a hope in hell Allegri comes to Chelsea. But I'd rather Sarri than him anyway. 
Whoever the new manager coming in is, if he shows a lot of promise with his tactics in his first season, he gives youth and some of our loan players a chance in the first team. And he was able to get the best out of the young and average players in the team without the board investing massively in the team, even if we finish the season 7th, majority of the fans will back him and he will be given time.
Now let's go back to the discussing about the current best manager in the world Maurizio Sarri, some of the things I have observe about us this season is that Sarri's tactics won't work effectively in the EPL because he is too predictable. If you are to win the league, you have to be tactically good or else the other teams will find a way to neutralize your tactics and beat you. That's why we have struggled after our early winning run of games. Another thing is Sarri is reluctant to give youth chance in the team, that's no surprise though as we were warned about that before the board officially signed him. The form of CHO during the preseason alone is enough to have convinced Sarri to give him games right from the beginning of the season, but unfortunately he had to wait until when things were going bad and the fans were calling for his head before he remembered CHO used to be a good player henceforth started giving he and RLC time in the team.
Another issue is, he can't motivate the team so as to get the best out of them. Apart from Cardiff, I can't remember any other team we came from behind to beat in the EPL this season. I don't know how to check the stats for that, but several times this season, I have season Arsenal, Liverpool, City, United and Tottenham go behind in games but they came back and won the game. On some occasions, there managers even made substitutions that proved vital to the comeback. The substitutions of Pochettino in there comeback against Ajax is still fresh in my memory. One of the sub that change the game and put more pressure on Ajax was that of Trippier for Lamela. If that was Sarri and we were chasing the game from a losing position, if Azpilicueta was going out, you definitely know it's another defender coming in which is Zapacosta.
I don't hate Sarri, and i kind of feel emotional when any manager gets the sack, but it's just unfortunate that Sarri can't improve us even if we give him time. His system of play will require incredible investment in the team which we all know won't happen with our board.

Well if Sarri goes I hope is not the Watford manager that we have been linked with. We already lost 6-0 to City once thank you, do not fancy a repeat.
Well, @Bisright is a big fan of Gracia so you just never know.

50 minutes ago, Master&Commander said:

Maurizio has to continue his work in London. It's totally crazy this situation.

It's totally crazy discuss him despite of the targets reached and the hard work done.

Le'ts discuss the players, not the coach !

The roster as individuals is definitely not up to your expectations.

This is no longer the Chelsea of Drogba and Lampard ! Wake up !

Normally we would discuss the prospects of new acquisitions in the offing though this season due to the football authorities it might just consist of Pulisic and whatever loanees we think will add value.

I dunno, ask Real Madrid. 
Love this narrative that we’re this uniquely demanding club and fan base.
Meanwhile in Manchester the chants of “Ole’s at the wheel” have grown deafeningly quiet.

We are not real Madrid nor do we have the pull stop it now.......

56 minutes ago, wallosh said:

Whoever the new manager coming in is, if he shows a lot of promise with his tactics in his first season, he gives youth and some of our loan players a chance in the first team. And he was able to get the best out of the young and average players in the team without the board investing massively in the team, even if we finish the season 7th, majority of the fans will back him and he will be given time.
Now let's go back to the discussing about the current best manager in the world Maurizio Sarri, some of the things I have observe about us this season is that Sarri's tactics won't work effectively in the EPL because he is too predictable. If you are to win the league, you have to be tactically good or else the other teams will find a way to neutralize your tactics and beat you. That's why we have struggled after our early winning run of games. Another thing is Sarri is reluctant to give youth chance in the team, that's no surprise though as we were warned about that before the board officially signed him. The form of CHO during the preseason alone is enough to have convinced Sarri to give him games right from the beginning of the season, but unfortunately he had to wait until when things were going bad and the fans were calling for his head before he remembered CHO used to be a good player henceforth started giving he and RLC time in the team.
Another issue is, he can't motivate the team so as to get the best out of them. Apart from Cardiff, I can't remember any other team we came from behind to beat in the EPL this season. I don't know how to check the stats for that, but several times this season, I have season Arsenal, Liverpool, City, United and Tottenham go behind in games but they came back and won the game. On some occasions, there managers even made substitutions that proved vital to the comeback. The substitutions of Pochettino in there comeback against Ajax is still fresh in my memory. One of the sub that change the game and put more pressure on Ajax was that of Trippier for Lamela. If that was Sarri and we were chasing the game from a losing position, if Azpilicueta was going out, you definitely know it's another defender coming in which is Zapacosta.
I don't hate Sarri, and i kind of feel emotional when any manager gets the sack, but it's just unfortunate that Sarri can't improve us even if we give him time. His system of play will require incredible investment in the team which we all know won't happen with our board.

Couldn't of put it better myself, spot on 

55 minutes ago, wallosh said:

This was a long and rambling post

In short, Sarri did all the things you asked for and finished 3rd. Not good enough though. Your criticisms of Sarri are the same people had about pep and klopp after one season

Let's see how he gets on next year with a pre season before deciding 100% his style won't work here. 

Also CHO wasnt that good when he came into the team (when Sarri promoted him into the first team). So the idea he had to be playing earlier in the season is weird. Also odd he only bothered to do ONE thing the fans demanded. And none of the others like Kante into DM, change the formation randomly during games, play two strikers or come on the pitch and hug the players. 

1 hour ago, wallosh said:

Your posts give me a migraine use some spacing mate.

23 hours ago, RickUK said:

Yeh, winning the scudetto with Juve seemed a normal thing to do after a while.

I would like to see Lampard if Sarri has to go. May be too soon and people say he needs to prove himself at Derby, but what can he prove at Derby to make himself good enough for Chelsea? Nothing. 

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but Romans not stupid, he knows the fans are very split on Sarri, he needs to do a bit of PR with fans to bring them together again behind a manager, a ban is coming so integration into the team of our best youth products, he could do with a manager who knows club how it works, and also a manager who will be afforded a little more time due to his stature with the club, come two weeks time the Europa will be finished as will the play offs. Personally I feel it would give many of us and the club  huge boost through the summer the feel good factor would be back. It's time for Super Frank. 

No manager will get that time at Chelsea the aim is to win. Also what do we define as progress who measures that progress the club the fan's the bias media. What do we define as playing youth?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, wallosh said:

Yeah right, it only took a bad month for some to completely turn on Christensen and I bet any money Pulisic will be getting booed by Christmas at the latest.

Edited by Argo

46 minutes ago, Brutos said:
2 hours ago, wallosh said:

No manager will get that time at Chelsea the aim is to win. Also what do we define as progress who measures that progress the club the fan's the bias media. What do we define as playing youth?

I actually think Roman will give time if it came to it, it's the crowd I don't trust, as shown with Ruben's substitution Vs Frankfurt they aren't exactly known for thinking outside the box. I have always tried to defend the crowd on the basis of them being fellow supporters but I have left almost every single game since October pissed off, my issue is not that they want Sarri out or don't rate Jorginho, it's the way they've gone about it, and I'm already annoyed thinking about the likely sh*t Pulisic will be subjected too if he doesn't hit the ground running.

The ironic thing is, the two times they decided to break the mould and show some patience (with Torres and Jose) and are the two times that they really really shouldn't have.

Posted (edited)

Give him another year to see how his football shapes up.

He finished 3rd. With two finals. He's done a GOOD job. His relationship with the fans is not important in the grand scheme of things

Looks like we're being linked to Emma Hayes according to Sunday Supplement. An interesting appointment sure, but one that stinks of publicity rather than what's in the best interests for the club. I'm all for female managers though. My best managers have been female.

Edited by JoeyN

5 hours ago, JoeyN said:

Looks like we're being linked to Emma Hayes according to Sunday Supplement. An interesting appointment sure, but one that stinks of publicity rather than what's in the best interests for the club. I'm all for female managers though. My best managers have been female.

i really can not see this happening, but if it did, it certainly would be interesting

I think if anyone who seriously thinks we should have a manager who can integrate youth, we should be looking at Bielsa. Not lampard. If Sarri does go, I think we should consider appointing him on a 1 year contract. 

7 hours ago, JoeyN said:

Give him another year to see how his football shapes up.

He finished 3rd. With two finals. He's done a GOOD job. His relationship with the fans is not important in the grand scheme of things

3rd place and 2 runners up spots in two cup finals is good enough for a second season I agree.

On Emma hayes well look at some of the stuff written about Marina. Can you imagine what would be written if Emma was failing?

Absolutely want Sarri to be given a second season.

IF he is sacked, Lamps is the only person i want replacing him. Lamps will demand respect and Jody is very very good tactically. They're also likely to favour youth player such as Mount, CHO, RLC, Tammy with Jody having coached most of them at some point. We're crying out for someone to throw the youth in at the deep end at those two seem the most likely to do it. 

IF he is sacked, Lamps is the only person i want replacing him. Lamps will demand respect and Jody is very very good tactically. They're also likely to favour youth player such as Mount, CHO, RLC, Tammy with Jody having coached most of them at some point. We're crying out for someone to throw the youth in at the deep end at those two seem the most likely to do it. 

There is no guarantee Lamps will be successfully at all here and if he's falling it would be very interesting to see how long before the boos start

There is no guarantee Lamps will be successfully at all here and if he's failing it would be very interesting to see how long before the boos start

Can't wait for him to go personally. It is inevitable sooner or later because he just isn't good enough, just hopefully we don't leave it too long.

There is no scenario where Sarri should be sacked now. It would be ridiculous. He's done as good as he possibly could in the circumstances. We were never matching Liverpool or City. I was in the UK, I heard the Sarri out chants....but guess what, at the end, he helped pull the team through. Sure it wasn't pretty, and it required a lot of luck, but it got done. He's already here. If we get a new manager, with no ability to change the squad, we're not going to be any better off than with someone who could at least have the full off-season to continue working with a group of players he knows fairly well.

And the talk of Lampard...sheesh...give me a break. He's about as green as a manager can be, and people want him thrown in the deep end at Chelsea!? Chelsea is the most unforgiving management job in world football. Not to mention, he wasn't at the club that long ago. There are still players at the club who were there when he was, and the youth players that possibly grew up idolizing him. Sure, they may give him respect for what he accomplished as a footballer, but I can't imagine it's easy to control a team where you are friends with a number of the players.

Sarri in.