coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

5 hours ago, wallosh said:

The three teams that finished below us Tottenham, Arsenal and United will improve next season, I

Hahahahahaha, so after months of banging on about how amazing Emery and OGS are and how we have no chance of finishing above them only to be proved wrong it's now "but we won't do it next season".

1 hour ago, mwblue10 said:

Who’s to say Tottenham will even spend any money on transfers?  They did it once, who’s to say they won’t do it again?  The team they had this season finished pretty much as best they could and once they lose to Liverpool, they’ll be trophyless again.

Unlikely for them to not buy, but Levy is an idiot, so you never know.

Spurs massively underachieved in the league this season and for some reason Poch has seemed to have dodged any criticism. Spurs should have comfortably been ahead of Chelsea, United and Arsenal, they lost 13 league games and finished 1 point ahead of Arsenal. Poch has been at Spurs for 5 years and has a settled squad, the other 3 are all in transition, I'm not even sure Spurs are showing much improvement. I guess the Champions league has been Pochs saving grace but like all cup comps you need some luck and I'm hoping Spurs have used all there's up so far.

5 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Spurs massively underachieved in the league this season and for some reason Poch has seemed to have dodged any criticism. Spurs should have comfortably been ahead of Chelsea, United and Arsenal, they lost 13 league games and finished 1 point ahead of Arsenal. Poch has been at Spurs for 5 years and has a settled squad, the other 3 are all in transition, I'm not even sure Spurs are showing much improvement. I guess the Champions league has been Pochs saving grace but like all cup comps you need some luck and I'm hoping Spurs have used all there's up so far.

It was obvious Spurs were going to crash at some point although I didn't expect it so drastically.

They went through months of playing badly but somehow getting over the line, as we found out in 2015, that isn't sustainable for any serious period of time.

31 minutes ago, Argo said:

It was obvious Spurs were going to crash at some point although I didn't expect it so drastically.

They went through months of playing badly but somehow getting over the line, as we found out in 2015, that isn't sustainable for any serious period of time.

Same could be said of Chelsea and Arsenal if they managed top 4, I just think Spurs should be getting 3rd alot more comfortably and not losing 13 games over a league season and it all coming down to the final game of the season. 

Posted (edited)

If Sarri stays i will be very happy as at least we will see what he can do with a full pre season and incoming youth players such as abraham, mount and james, not to mention Ampadu too will have a tremendous opportunity to play and show their worth. After all most fans are delighted when youth players are given a chance and Sarri has being most willing to do that than any previous manager we have had. 

If Lampard is appointed in place of Sarri i will be happy too as he too has shown glimpses of being a good manager. Lampard is the greatest player this club has ever had in my opinion and my favourite of all time so i wouldnt complain.

I see no one else who would be better suited than Sarri in the circumstances we are at in my opinion. Guardiola and Klopp have spend huge amounts of money on top players to develop their squads and will keep buying. Best we can do with this squad is 3rd and thats what we got. 

Edited by Gentian

2 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Yup. The most fickle fans in the land bar none.

The board, the players, the manager/ managers are all useless .....

I wouldn’t take any notice of these thick people. Couldn’t even spell Hazard right. Iazzard?!

I didn’t want to use the R word but it’s a fair description for these cretins.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I wouldn’t take any notice of these thick people. Couldn’t even spell Hazard right. Iazzard?!

I didn’t want to use the R word but it’s a fair description for these cretins.

That photo was photoshopped... Here's the original. Much more believable :Troll_Face:

image.png.33d0189e60defa598d5d9021be3cb702.png

Edited by DannyBoy

1 hour ago, Ernie_blue said:

I mean, they basically have the same team as the year before, so I could see merit in the argument that they did not underachieve.  I don't think anyone expected them to challenge for the title heading into the season.  So that leaves battling for top 4, and they finished 4th.  So I would say, just looking at the league and not the CL, they did about as well as they could.

Agreed that it is strange that Poch gets no criticism, but let's say Sarri stays and we have the exact same team next season and don't/can't buy anyone this summer - I think we would be happy with a top 4 finish again.

43 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

I mean, they basically have the same team as the year before, so I could see merit in the argument that they did not underachieve.  I don't think anyone expected them to challenge for the title heading into the season.  So that leaves battling for top 4, and they finished 4th.  So I would say, just looking at the league and not the CL, they did about as well as they could.

Agreed that it is strange that Poch gets no criticism, but let's say Sarri stays and we have the exact same team next season and don't/can't buy anyone this summer - I think we would be happy with a top 4 finish again.

That's the funny thing about season's... if you told fans before the season Sarri would finish 3rd, make the Europa league finals and Car finals.... no one would want him gone.  Some people just dont like him; and I don't really get it, players have developed, Sarri's produced, and in my opinion he's been as classy as possible.

2 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

That's the funny thing about season's... if you told fans before the season Sarri would finish 3rd, make the Europa league finals and Car finals.... no one would want him gone.  Some people just dont like him; and I don't really get it, players have developed, Sarri's produced, and in my opinion he's been as classy as possible.

Does this go back to him not being an emotional figure on the touchline?  

34 minutes ago, Bonzodog29 said:

There's no question Conte's excitement on the sideline endeared him to supporters, and it was tough to watch him just stand there during his second season.

That sort of sideline excitement that we have seen from Jose, Klopp, MoPo  & Pep (at times) suggests an emotional passion that connects with supporters because that's how supporters act when their team does well.  That's not in Sarri's personality.

It's not fair, but we seem to read too much into body language.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Bonzodog29 said:

It’s obvious that Sari doesn’t give a sh*t about image. He’s the least fashionable Italian ever, has canary yellow fingers through his 1000 a day fag habit, can’t be bothered to charm anyone in press conferences, doesn’t go eye catching touchline theatrics.

He’s definitely a marmite figure, but personally prefer his demeanour to certain preening, look at me, superstar managers we’ve employed.

As for managerial celebrations, does anyone really give a sh*t? 

It’s what happens on the park that matters.

Edited by Ewell CFC

35 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

It’s obvious that Sari doesn’t give a sh*t about image. He’s the least fashionable Italian ever, has canary yellow fingers through his 1000 a day fag habit, can’t be bothered to charm anyone in press conferences, doesn’t go eye catching touchline theatrics.

He’s definitely a marmite figure, but personally prefer his demeanour to certain preening, look at me, superstar managers we’ve employed.

As for managerial celebrations, does anyone really give a sh*t? 

It’s what happens on the park that matters.

I don't get this needing to connect with the fans, I'd much rather a manager was connected to the players during the 90 minutes, not playing up to them. 

Club wont sack Sarri but I'm sure they'd be happy to let Juve pay to take him away. 

I'll be delighted to keep him around. I think he'll do wonders with a full pre season to implement his style. It's not easy to change things during the season. You have a max of 2 days full training a week. 

He will have had nearly 2 weeks to prepare the team for the EL cup final

The match although a one off will tell us all how far he has really come this season with this group of players, no more excuses from the for and against crowds, no time to train & injuries cannot be used as an excuse, Arse cant play Mikitarian we cant play RLC. I'm not saying if he loses he's out / a failure or if he wins he's the best thing since someone started cutting slices of a loaf; all  I'm saying its how the team show up on the pitch on the 29th and how much heart and effort they put in, and can they follow his game plan / tactics for this very crucial final match ?

Think we can all settle this thread when we review the performance on the 29th after the final whistle.

It would be very novel for Chelsea to receive compensation instead of paying it. Our bookkeepers will have no clue how to process that in the books, so it probably won't happen.

12 minutes ago, General said:

He will have had nearly 2 weeks to prepare the team for the EL cup final

The match although a one off will tell us all how far he has really come this season with this group of players, no more excuses from the for and against crowds, no time to train & injuries cannot be used as an excuse, Arse cant play Mikitarian we cant play RLC. I'm not saying if he loses he's out / a failure or if he wins he's the best thing since someone started cutting slices of a loaf; all  I'm saying its how the team show up on the pitch on the 29th and how much heart and effort they put in, and can they follow his game plan / tactics for this very crucial final match ?

Think we can all settle this thread when we review the performance on the 29th after the final whistle.

Oh definitely. The thread will need to be reset for a third and final vote. 

According to Tancredi Palmieri, Conte has signed pre contract with Inter.  And that Discussions between Sarri & Juve are at a "very advanced state".  He is claiming that Allegri could go to PSG and Tuchel could end up at Chelsea.  He says Tuchel likes Abramovich.  

3 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Oh definitely. The thread will need to be reset for a third and final vote. 

I disagree with this view. Can’t form an opinion based on one match, and  a cup final at that. It’s just way too random. Anything can happen.

1 minute ago, Dean said:

I disagree with this view. Can’t form an opinion based on one match, and  a cup final at that. It’s just way too random. Anything can happen.

It's primarily to reset it so we can judge at "the end of the season"

Sarri spot on in his comments. This whole situation is a sh*t show for the second season running.

How are we even canvassing a conversation about the manager's future two weeks before we play the Europa League final? Enormous distraction that's not needed.