Jump to content

coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

  1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

    • In
      120
    • Out
      64


Recommended Posts

Bloody hell, the reaction was based on media watching training, yet half the people here thinking he can’t organise or motivate the players. He’s been a manager for 30 years! You don’t last 30 years without being able to organise or motivate your players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, MrsGaffer said:

Bloody hell, the reaction was based on media watching training, yet half the people here thinking he can’t organise or motivate the players. He’s been a manager for 30 years! You don’t last 30 years without being able to organise or motivate your players 

well you can see why people are thinking like that after watch this video

Jose tried to tell yaw - It's a Campaign against Chelsea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DaRick said:

Villanova (RIP) relied a great deal on Messi and benefited from Mou suffering third-season syndrome. Pep we've already discussed.

True enough, though Serie A is not the PL. Although Serie A is a tactician's wet dream, the standards of the PL are more exacting.

Additionally, Serie A was not so top-heavy when Conte took over Juventus (AC Milan/Inter back then would be fighting for Top 4 in today's PL), so it would have been much easier to win the Scudetto outright, never mind make the CL places.

Also, 1 season in the top-flight is more than Frank has enjoyed.

True, though IMO it probably shouldn't be.

Unless we have no better options, I think we are setting Frank up for a fall. 

Conte had lower league experience. Just because one person smokes and doesnt get cancer doesn’t mean smoking doesn’t cause cancer. It just stands to reason that mostly doing a top level job requires some experience and proof  you can do it at a lower level. Coaching/managing is a business like any other. Lampard was the greatest chelsea player in my time following the club, going back to 1970 but that still doesn’t qualify him to manage the team straight up. Learn the trade somewhere else. Heaps of ex players turn out to be crap managers and many excellent managers, mourinho, Benitez,Klopp were average as players. Klopp is a fine example of management credentials. When he came to Liverpool expectations were high because of his coaching track record, a record that took ten years to build. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

What about the fans, players, and others affiliated with the club who are not Sarri out?  Definitely not a win situation for them.

 

18 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Don't really see how this is a win-win situation. That insinuates everyone is Sarri out, does it not?

 

18 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Yeah that's not a win for me. We get £5m for a manager that I personally believe is the best placed to take us to the top....woop de f**king do.

In all honesty it was a comment with a hint of sarcasm with the bile that Sarri's been getting recently.

I'm all for advocating Sarri to be given time tbh and it sucks that we have to go through the managerial merry go round after a season of our new manager who got us to 2 finals and 3rd place but this is Chelsea Football Club. We've become too accustomed to changing managers every time we don't hit certain amount of expectations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no campaign against Chelsea. Go to any other club forum and you'll see how many are convinced the media/referees/FA/UEFA etc. are secretly plotting against their precious club, it's all in people's heads.

If pundits concentrate on Sarri's behaviour, it's because his actions draw attention from those around. If you don't want yourself or your club discussed in a negative way in the media, stop acting like a petulant child in front of the whole world. Whatever it is you're unhappy about, handle it behind closed doors or at least when you're not being watched by the cameras.

Edited by abramovich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RickUK said:

He does want to stay in the prem, who wouldnt.  But he'd also not mind the chance to go back to Italy privately, ill bet any money

If Juventus stump up the 5m he will be gone, the club wont stand in his way.  It's 50-50 whether he stays or goes IMO, i can see both happening, weirdly

This could well be the case. Sarri is 60 and wants to smoke and speak italian. Would be pretty easy to do all that and in a bigger club than Chelsea. I definetly see the draw to go back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 27/05/2019 at 10:13, ForeverCarefree said:

No way the fans turn on Lampard.

Sarri is the only permanent manager in my time supporting Chelsea that has had such little good will with the fans.

have you forgotten about Avram? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, abramovich said:

There is no campaign against Chelsea. Go to any other club forum and you'll see how many are convinced the media/referees/FA/UEFA etc. are secretly plotting against their precious club, it's all in people's heads.

If pundits concentrate on Sarri's behaviour, it's because his actions draw attention from those around. If you don't want yourself or your club discussed in a negative way in the media, stop acting like a petulant child in front of the whole world. Whatever it is you're unhappy about, handle it behind closed doors or at least when you're not being watched by the cameras.

I agree. But I can imagine no one actually inside the team is bothered by it. He's an overtly passionate manager, he wears his emotions on his sleeve. It's just who he is. He demands perfection and throws a fit if he doesn't get it. (I've never understood the fans who say he doesn't have any passion).

I'm not bothered by it. Would rather we didn't have something else to talk about, but even though it's by accident with sarri, it's a tactic Jose does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether he was throwing a tantrum about the players or the media, it's still an utter embarrassment and exactly what not is needed the day before a major final. Further evidence that this guy just isn't competent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, buzzcfc said:

Whether he was throwing a tantrum about the players or the media, it's still an utter embarrassment and exactly what not is needed the day before a major final. Further evidence that this guy just isn't competent.

Is it really an utter embarrassment?

Anyone would think the fellas taken a dump on the centre spot.

 

Edited by Ewell CFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, buzzcfc said:

Whether he was throwing a tantrum about the players or the media, it's still an utter embarrassment and exactly what not is needed the day before a major final. Further evidence that this guy just isn't competent.

Why isn't it needed? What does it actually matter?

It's a cup final. No one playing in the game is even going to think about Sarri throwing a hissy fit in training. 

I think we can all agree he probably does this all the time. It hasn't affected our results recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't we go to the trouble of paying Napoli some 8+ million to get Sarri out of his contract? How come we make him available for 5m? Whoever is in charge of final contracts at the club is doing a really bad job of it.
So do we.
Let's hope they make both of us happy then )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coco said:

I was more embarrassed by our previous two managers talking sh*t to the media all the time, at least Sarri holds himself together when a mic is in front of him, and he doesn't start spouting sh*t like they did.

Personally, I prefer managers who talk sh*t to the media and win titles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Personally, I prefer managers who talk sh*t to the media and win titles.

Jose fell into that sword time after time. Usually after two seasons. His pressers were just embarassing towards the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Mourinho had done what Sarri had done the Chelsea Yer Da's would be on here talking about how its a genius move by him to take the spotlight off his players and Higuain and Luiz arguing the day before a final. 

Instead, it's Sarri, so obviously the world is ending and Chelsea are going to liquidate because of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

If Mourinho had done what Sarri had done the Chelsea Yer Da's would be on here talking about how its a genius move by him to take the spotlight off his players and Higuain and Luiz arguing the day before a final. 

Instead, it's Sarri, so obviously the world is ending and Chelsea are going to liquidate because of this.

'Chelsea yer da' ?. Definitely a Twitter warrior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Is it really an utter embarrassment?

Anyone would think the fellas taken a dump on the centre spot.

 

Yeah, it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, buzzcfc said:

'Chelsea yer da' ?. Definitely a Twitter warrior.

Feel free to PM me and you can follow me on twitter hun. Better yet, meet for a pint before an away next season :good2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I agree. But I can imagine no one actually inside the team is bothered by it. He's an overtly passionate manager, he wears his emotions on his sleeve. It's just who he is. He demands perfection and throws a fit if he doesn't get it. (I've never understood the fans who say he doesn't have any passion).

I'm not bothered by it. Would rather we didn't have something else to talk about, but even though it's by accident with sarri, it's a tactic Jose does. 

We don't know if anyone inside the team is bothered by it or not, it's all guesswork. I do know there were episodes during this season when Sarri's authority was openly questioned by our players' actions and it wasn't a pretty sight.

I believe this is Sarri's most high profile job to date and he's never experienced this level of pressure before, hence the outbursts. None of it matters if the team wins tonight, all of this will be forgotten. By the same token, it'll be talked about ad nauseam afterwards, if we lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, evissy said:

Jose fell into that sword time after time. Usually after two seasons. His pressers were just embarassing towards the end. 

That's Mourinho's shelf life at any given club: two - three seasons, then he self-destructs. While he is known and detested for his cringeworthy behaviour during his bad seasons, he'll also always be remembered as a brilliant manager, and most importantly, a winner in his good spells. and there were plenty of those.

Same with Conte. Lots of negativity, especially in his second season, but will forever be known as someone who won things.

Sarri's problem is not being viewed as a winner, that's his Achilles heel. Whatever his flaws are, real or imagined by the media/fans, he needs to change that perception, and there's only one way to do it, hopefully sarting tonight.

Edited by abramovich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, abramovich said:

We don't know if anyone inside the team is bothered by it or not, it's all guesswork. I do know there were episodes during this season when Sarri's authority was openly questioned by our players' actions and it wasn't a pretty sight.

I believe this is Sarri's most high profile job to date and he's never experienced this level of pressure before, hence the outbursts. None of it matters if the team wins tonight, all of this will be forgotten. By the same token, it'll be talked about ad nauseam afterwards, if we lose.

Exactly. The point is that he has created a situation which has the possibility of having a negative effect, one day before the game. I'm not denying Mourinho wasn't an embarrassment at times, particularly during his second reign, but he delivered when it mattered - something that Sarri has never done in his 30 year career. 

It's obvious he can't deal with pressure, he's been showing this all season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...