Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

Sarri's comments after last night's win (taken from Chelsea's website):

‘I have to speak to my club. The season finished one hour ago so tomorrow I will speak to the club, like every club at the end of the season. We need to know what the club can do for me, what I can do better for the club. In a couple of days we will decide, but I have a contract so at the moment we are talking about nothing.

I am lucky because I am at Chelsea, one of the best clubs in the best championship in the world. At the moment I am happy, but of course I want to know if the club is happy and if we can improve. I think I deserve to stay but it’s only my opinion.

I don't think these are words from someone who is willing to go. I have always been behind Sarri and still want him to stay. I want to see us playing football like yesterday's second half, and we can become more consistent this season (though we are still some players behind City team, I think we can compete with Lolpool).

9 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Mourinho in his first period at the club built a team that did great for three seasons under him and a core that lasted us for almost 10 years. So i'd say that's a bit of an unaccurate statement.

I agree with that. My intention was to reference since Jose v1.0

I genuinely think we have one of the top 5 managers in the world right now. I think with time, he will prove it with us. But i expect him to go to Juve.

Edited by bisright1
19 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I agree with that. My intention was to reference since Jose v1.0

I genuinely think we have one of the top 5 managers in the world right now. I think with time, he will prove it with us. But i expect him to go to Juve.

Yesterday was certainly a positive sign for the future if he stays. I'll say that.

But surely putting him among the five best managers is a bit rich? Just in England there are three i find better. 

39 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Yesterday was certainly a positive sign for the future if he stays. I'll say that.

But surely putting him among the five best managers is a bit rich? Just in England there are three i find better. 

I think 4 of the best 5 managers are in England 

3 minutes ago, robdog said:

btw I can see an Italian Club coming for Don Maurizio this summer. Don Maurizio's agent wants to give him some ideas about leaving.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this agent filth has been the one talking to Juve, and his only interest is his own commission for the move  ... hopefully Sarri will tell him to back off ... I get the feeling that Sarri wants to stay with us.

9 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this agent filth has been the one talking to Juve, and his only interest is his own commission for the move  ... hopefully Sarri will tell him to back off ... I get the feeling that Sarri wants to stay with us.

but this is what agents do - look for the best possible situation for their client - I don't have any gripes on what his agent is doing - I just hope Don Maurizio can say 'no' to an Italian club, cause right now Juve, Milan and Roma are each looking for a new coach. BTW, Inter made it official today as Luciano Spalletti no longer is their manager.  Antonio Conte just has to sign on the dotted line to replace him.

Edited by robdog
1 minute ago, robdog said:

but this is what agents do - look for the best possible situation for their client - I don't have any gripes on what his agent is doing - I just hope Don Maurizio can say 'no' to an Italian club, cause right now with Juve, Milan and Roma each looking for a new coach. BTW, Inter made it official today as Luciano Spalletti no longer is their manager.  Antonio Conte just has to sign on the dotted line to replace him.

Juventus very clearly wants him. Their director was pictured talking to Bruce Buck in Baku a couple of days ago even.

It will come down to if Sarri wants to continue to work here or go to Juventus.

13 minutes ago, robdog said:

those two could be talking about Higuain. We don't know what those two were talking about, unless you have used some Loco Bielsa techniques. :Troll_Face:

don't pick on him, he's already in a lot of pain from eating so much humble pie.

4 minutes ago, coco said:

don't pick on him, he's already in a lot of pain from eating so much humble pie.

For what?

I've already given Sarri plenty of credit for yesterday. You however are the one who believes managers doesn't mean much in finals and otherwise so i assume yesterdays title shouldn't be credited to Sarri in your book anyways or? 

Just now, Sindre said:

For what?

I've already given Sarri plenty of credit for yesterday. You however are the one who believes managers doesn't mean much in finals and otherwise so i assume yesterdays title shouldn't be credited to Sarri in your book anyways or? 

The pain must be excruciating :laugh2:

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

Mourinho in his first period at the club built a team that did great for three seasons under him and a core that lasted us for almost 10 years. So i'd say that's a bit of an unaccurate statement.

What you mean is Romans check book enabled JM to assemble a fantastic group of players- back then financially we were Rockerfellas compared to the competition, though either fortunately, or through JM’s guile, the players generally lived up to their reputations plus crucially gelled with each other, which is a pot luck mostly

JM was a checkbook manager to an extent.

Edited by Ewell CFC

very pleased for the man, way he admired his medal was something else.  Really warming to see

Re his quotes, anyone would want to stay here thats nothing new, they'd be crazy not to with the money we pay while you are here, and when you leave lol.  Publicly you also cannot confirm you wish to leave as you immediately lose your severance should it happen.   I also don't think he is totally set on going, i reckon he is torn over it

I am not so sure he will go, but I am 100% certain that they want him at Juve.  If we appeal to the CAS and win, I would kinda like to see what Sarri does in the window to further implement his style

2 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

What you mean is Romans check book enabled JM to assemble a fantastic group of players- back then financially we were Rockerfellas compared to the competition, though either fortunately, or through JM’s guile, the players generally lived up to their reputations plus crucially gelled with each other, which is to an extent pot luck.

He was to an extent yes, as is Pep and Klopp also.   But I admit I'd have Jose back any day over Sarri (or most others)  far better manager, still the 2nd best around at winning for me

I love the notion that his style of football is not good enough or attractive enough when he’s not even been able to fully implement it yet, he’s done better than Pep and Klopp in their first season, and since when were Chelsea fans experts on attractive football? You do realise what outsiders have thought of our football on average over the last 20 years! 

Also can’t believe people would take Jose back! He’s finished, he’s toxic. There’s a better chance of bringing Drogba out of retirement and him getting 20 league goals than there is of Jose leading the Blues to glory again. Relegation perhaps. 

49 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Juventus very clearly wants him. Their director was pictured talking to Bruce Buck in Baku a couple of days ago even.

It will come down to if Sarri wants to continue to work here or go to Juventus.

It will be out of character for him to give up a project so easily, and it will be even more out of character to go to Juve given he stuck his middle finger up at their fans last time he faced them.

16 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

What you mean is Romans check book enabled JM to assemble a fantastic group of players- back then financially we were Rockerfellas compared to the competition, though either fortunately, or through JM’s guile, the players generally lived up to their reputations plus crucially gelled with each other, which is a pot luck mostly

Cech was already signed and on his way and Terry, Gallas, Makalele and Lampard were already there. So, hardly Jose's team. 

Edited by Dixons
4 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Matt Hughes reporting in The Times that Sarri wants to stay at Chelsea.

But! He wants assurances that the club will back him, specifically his tactical choices and man management style.

would be welcome news (provided he is willing to adapt), but Matt Hughes is not reliable, lets see if Matt Law or Dom Fifield report it

Edited by RickUK
1 minute ago, Argo said:

It will be out of character for him to give up a project so easily, and it will be even more out of character to go to Juve given he stuck his middle finger up at their fans last time he faced them.

very true.  I thought his words "in this profession the path can lead to other places but it will never change how i feel about people of Naples"  was a little telling

8 hours ago, buzzcfc said:

In fairness, not changing their minds once Sarri won a trophy is the opposite of fickle, is it not?? The people that have rightfully been calling Sarri out all season who have now backtracked due to the feel good factor are the ones to watch out for. I said yesterday that my mind wouldn't be changed based on winning the Europa league, it was to be expected at the beginning of the season. Rafa Benitez won it but people still wanted him sacked. 

Nevertheless, fair f**ks to Sarri for winning his first trophy and I'm grateful that Chelsea now have more silverware in the cabinet, but I still don't believe he is the person to take us forward for the reasons I've previously stated. Last night, as enjoyable as it was, doesn't change anything for me.

Because you’re one of the deluded ones who think super Frank is going to come in and start a decade of Frankie Lampard dominance, when what is more likely to happen is we fade badly by Xmas, have zero net spend, and he leaves by “mutual consent” in April as we are 10 points off 4th. 

• coco locked this topic