coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

39 minutes ago, Argo said:

It will be out of character for him to give up a project so easily, and it will be even more out of character to go to Juve given he stuck his middle finger up at their fans last time he faced them.

Oh I forgot about that one

what ever any body thinks, how ever bad some of this season has been, it would be ludicrous to get rid of a coach who takes his team to direct CL qualification and wins the Europa league trophy in his first season !! i have not been his biggest fan but give the guy credit where it is due, just hope if he does stay the board can and will back him

35 minutes ago, B&Wlegends said:
1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:
Not corrupt enough for ya? 

No, he needs at least a couple more years tuition at Russian mob university

I’ll have to take your word for it, you guys are the experts. 

47 minutes ago, B&Wlegends said:
1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Don Maurizio learned enough from the Camorra at Napoli - seems the Big Dawgs are in Torino

12 hours ago, RickUK said:

He was to an extent yes, as is Pep and Klopp also.   But I admit I'd have Jose back any day over Sarri (or most others)  far better manager, still the 2nd best around at winning for me

Jose in his first spell was fantastic and you'd have that Jose back. Jose today is not that Jose, dunno why but the humour has given way to something darker and he clearly cannot get the best from players any more. At the moment I am fully impressed with Sarri and what he has done, probably rate it about the same as Klopp in his first season with Liverpool and that is high praise. Each of Pochettino, Klopp, and the real chequebook manager Guariola can lay claim to being a fantastic manager but I think Sarri fully deserves to be in their company. None of the others in fact has such a recognisable style to their teams. You can see a Sarri team in the same way you could see a Conte team. Managers are harder to judge than players. Players are graded very finely on wage structure and by and large you can measure their contribution, managers its tougher to see what they bring separately from their players. There are things I don't like about Sarri, but there are things I don't like about myself.

9 hours ago, B&Wlegends said:
9 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Nice backhand return. Lol

15 minutes ago, Sindre said:

This is according to Pedulla but apparantly Sarri is demanding that we appeal the ban for him to be interested in staying.

The Club already made a statement in March saying it had the intention to appeal, although I don't know when or why haven't they made the appeal yet.

The club acted in accordance with the relevant regulations and has already notified FIFA of its intention to appeal against the Disciplinary Committee’s decision and sanction. As a matter of procedural fairness and equality of treatment, and Swiss law, the Club’s right to an appeal process must be afforded, before any irremediable sanction takes effect.

So far as the Club is aware, in all previous cases where a registration ban has been imposed by FIFA, a decision has also been made to suspend the sanction until the appeal process has been completed. In this case, Chelsea considers that it is being treated inconsistently in comparison with other European clubs.

We will consider our next steps once we have received the written reasons for this decision from FIFA. The Club notes the Appeal Committee’s statement that it has the right to appeal to CAS. In the meantime the Club will continue to fully cooperate with the proceedings.

43 minutes ago, Sindre said:

This is according to Pedulla but apparantly Sarri is demanding that we appeal the ban for him to be interested in staying.

That sounds like the type of thing a journalist would make up

It kind of makes sense. But it's probably not true. 

3 hours ago, ozboy said:

Jose in his first spell was fantastic and you'd have that Jose back. Jose today is not that Jose, dunno why but the humour has given way to something darker and he clearly cannot get the best from players any more. At the moment I am fully impressed with Sarri and what he has done, probably rate it about the same as Klopp in his first season with Liverpool and that is high praise. Each of Pochettino, Klopp, and the real chequebook manager Guariola can lay claim to being a fantastic manager but I think Sarri fully deserves to be in their company. None of the others in fact has such a recognisable style to their teams. You can see a Sarri team in the same way you could see a Conte team. Managers are harder to judge than players. Players are graded very finely on wage structure and by and large you can measure their contribution, managers its tougher to see what they bring separately from their players. There are things I don't like about Sarri, but there are things I don't like about myself.

It’s good you’re backing Sarri but in Klopp’s first season you know Liverpool finished 8th right? And in his first full season they finished 4th and reached a semi-final. We have finished 3rd, reached a cup final and won a European Cup. If that’s not way better I don’t know what is.

Im expecting bad news today, just got that feeling in my gut. 

Sarri leaves, Hazard leaves, or we release a statement saying we are accepting the ban. 

We've had a day to enjoy it. Now its back on tbe chelsea rollercoaster! 

Hopefully im wrong! 

11 minutes ago, big blue said:

Sarri leaves, Hazard leaves, or we release a statement saying we are accepting the ban. 

Hopefully im wrong! 

It’s never dull for long being a Chelsea fan.

24 minutes ago, big blue said:

Hopefully im wrong! 

Hazard leaving today would be good news. We know he's going, the sooner that happens now the better. 

Personally I'd also be happy to accept the ban. It will make things tough but not impossible and will benefit us in the long run. 

Sarri leaving though....

16 hours ago, cuppaT said:

Because you’re one of the deluded ones who think super Frank is going to come in and start a decade of Frankie Lampard dominance, when what is more likely to happen is we fade badly by Xmas, have zero net spend, and he leaves by “mutual consent” in April as we are 10 points off 4th. 

What is it with idiots and assumptions on here? What makes you think I am 'one of the deluded ones' that think Frank will come in and start a decade of dominance? I'm glad you've cleared up what will happen if he is appointed though. Got the lottery numbers too? You f**king moron. 

28 minutes ago, big blue said:

Hopefully im wrong! 

Hazard leaving seems to be certain. The Sarri-Granovskaia sitdown planned for yesterday could turn out in three ways. 

1. Sarri continues as our coach following his current contract, wether we appeal or not. (I think we do though - just waiting until the last minute, making sure we'll get as long as possible to do transfers this summer).>
2. Sarri continues, whiæe extending and/or changing his current contract. Probably in regards to the results he'll get us next season and the transfers coming in, as well as a reference to Hazard leaving.
3. Sarri is released from his contract, while we continue our usual rollercoaster ride in search of that someone to take charge, who both the board, players and fans like. (Preferably someone that has no opinion with the club dictating transfers, and so on)

One or those scenarios for sure. I think all of them are possible. We have no idea what Sarri is thinking.

If he stays he has an uphill battle with the ban. No new players suited to his style and the new expectations with CL. Not an easy combination by any means. Can he really win? 

2 minutes ago, Hanzen said:

Hazard leaving seems to be certain. The Sarri-Granovskaia sitdown planned for yesterday could turn out in three ways. 

1. Sarri continues as our coach following his current contract, wether we appeal or not. (I think we do though - just waiting until the last minute, making sure we'll get as long as possible to do transfers this summer).>
2. Sarri continues, whiæe extending and/or changing his current contract. Probably in regards to the results he'll get us next season and the transfers coming in, as well as a reference to Hazard leaving.
3. Sarri is released from his contract, while we continue our usual rollercoaster ride in search of that someone to take charge, who both the board, players and fans like. (Preferably someone that has no opinion with the club dictating transfers, and so on)

Did you really think the players and fans are ever taken into consideration with managerial appointments ?

Could you ever imagine this conversation .....?

Roman: "We need a new manager"

Buck: "Who would you like next boss"?

Roman: "Anyone, as long as the players and fans like them"

2 minutes ago, evissy said:

One or those scenarios for sure. I think all of them are possible. We have no idea what Sarri is thinking.

If he stays he has an uphill battle with the ban. No new players suited to his style and the new expectations with CL. Not an easy combination by any means. Can he really win? 

My guess is that THAT is the exact reason for his sit-down with the board. Sometjing like:

"I gave you top four, FA Cup final and won the EL. I did it by playing the way I told you I would. Possesion-based attacking football. Now we have a ban, and you're selling our - by far - best player. Sure, I'll stay and play our talents and most of the current sqaud - but I can't guarantee either top four nor making the final rounds of the CHL. What do you think?"

I have to admit even though I’m not a Sarri fan and I don’t think he’s the right guy to lead us (would love to be wrong) seeing the way he looked at his winners medal was a beautiful moment. It made me warm to him a little and I think as it’s his first in football he will probably push to experience that yet again. And I definitely don’t think we can sack him after the achievements of the season.