coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

10 minutes ago, Blue Exile said:

He probably feels he is on a hiding to nothing next year with the transfer ban and a squad without Eden, the Juve job has opened up and he’s looking for an easy out whilst he can.

Thanks for CL football and the thumping of Arsenal Wednesday night.

I don’t think it’s time for Frank though.

100% agree! Something to consider is isn’t there a FIFA clampdown on loan rules from the 2020/21 season? It’s a tricky one for the club when you have 35 senior players on loan to add to your 22 player squad. If we freeze the ban this season & go on a spending spree, we will need to have a fire sale of all our loan players. Makes more sense to handle the issue this season & see if 3-5 players from the loan squad can make the step up, and gradually trim things. 

Sarri is just looking for an easy way out, if he leaves fingers crossed he is leaving with Jorginho.

6 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Lampard won't win the league with us. 

The ground is sh*te. It's tired. Roman isn't investing, because it's not the right time. 

Let's see what happens. But I think our fans take for granted that we win trophies. And when we suddenly stop doing that, they'll blame anything but this moment. And this will be the moment.

I may be in the minority but there are only two trophies I truly care about. If it's anything but the CL and Prem League trophies, I'm not interested.

The worst most destructive thing to happen to Chelsea since Roman took over and it will be the fans fault. 
Mark my words, losing Sarri at this time will mean we are sacrificing our status as a big club.
Enjoy the champions League next year. We are going to fade over the next 5 years and won't experience it again for a while. 
f**king stupid idiots still thinking we are going to get Allegri in, or sarris football wasnt good enough for Chelsea. 
Not sure how I can face next season. 
The worst most destructive thing was sacking Ancelotti!
To be honest, after winning the Europa league, I won't feel bad if Sarri stays. Contrary to what many people think, our football has been really boring this season, but I will take that every season if it results in winning a trophy each season.

People have said this since Raineri and Jose first time around.
Yet we have had the likes of Ancelotti, Jose again, Conte, Sarri...We play in the best league in the world, we have a wealthy owner and are always in the hunt to win trophies. We are attractive to all kinds of managers and history has proven this despite the rate we go through them.
If a manager wasn’t to win some silverware we are a safe bet or have been more so than just about every other team in the league in the past decade. 
People sometimes mistaken us for Bolton Wanderers.

45 minutes ago, Bramskii said:

I may be in the minority but there are only two trophies I truly care about. If it's anything but the CL and Prem League trophies, I'm not interested.

I hate this type of attitude. One day the trophies will dry up, and you will be begging for another League Cup, FA Cup or Europa League victory. I don't like to use the words spoilt or say people aren't proper fans of the club, but in this case, I think it's fair to say you fit both of those. To say you're not interested in winning any trophy outside of the Champions League and Premier League is so ungrateful. You're basically saying that half of what we have won in the Roman era and almost everything we won before it in our history means nothing. 

7 hours ago, Sindre said:

It's a funny picture of a grumpy old man losing it. Even though he's not giving Sarri the finger.

And in terms of Sarri i have made myself clear and still do. And in the end he is leaving the club on his own accord after less then a year so he wasn't much of a man to build us something for the long-term was he? 

Harder with a large portion petulant fans booing in your face. Perhaps you could man up a bit and admit you were wrong about Sarri? I’m going to say now I believe this is a disaster. I hope I’m wrong and if I am I will have no problem admitting it.

45 minutes ago, Bramskii said:

I hate this type of attitude. One day the trophies will dry up, and you will be begging for another League Cup, FA Cup or Europa League victory. I don't like to use the words spoilt or say people aren't proper fans of the club, but in this case, I think it's fair to say you fit both of those. To say you're not interested in winning any trophy outside of the Champions League and Premier League is so ungrateful. You're basically saying that half of what we have won in the Roman era and almost everything we won before it in our history means nothing. 

Bullsh*t. Klopp and Guardiola made it work who are similar to Sarri.
So you ignored the fact that both of those managers adapted especially by having a defensive midfielder to shield there defence whereas Sarri insists on a creative player shielding his defenders?

Would allegri want this job though? 
Best player about to be sold.
Transfer ban.
Unforgiving fanbase and owner. 
Ten Hag could possibly be an option since his ajax team will probably be ripped apart. 
Lampard would definitely take it, as would any championship or lower premier league manager. 
We've been linked with Vieira today which seems extremely unlikely.
I can see us ending up with Blanc who seems pretty desperate to get back into work.
Lampard over Ten Hag for me. Ten Hag still doesn't have much experience like Lampard, but Lampard knows this league well. He knows our board won't always back him in the transfer window, so he will focus more on working with the young players we have. Ten Hag will eventually leave after one season when he realizes our board aren't willing to spend money to get the players thats fits his pattern of play and everyone will start complaining again about how mangers don't last long here.

1 hour ago, ducavis said:

100% agree! Something to consider is isn’t there a FIFA clampdown on loan rules from the 2020/21 season? It’s a tricky one for the club when you have 35 senior players on loan to add to your 22 player squad. If we freeze the ban this season & go on a spending spree, we will need to have a fire sale of all our loan players. Makes more sense to handle the issue this season & see if 3-5 players from the loan squad can make the step up, and gradually trim things. 

Sarri is just looking for an easy way out, if he leaves fingers crossed he is leaving with Jorginho.

Jorginho has been fantastic for us, why would you want him to go?? Sarri is staying, he's started good things with the team that can only get better. The second half in the EL shows what we are looking to play like.

Edited by Malcolm9

All the Sarri out fans are going to get their wish, I believe he is going mainly because of disrespectful he's been shown by the media and worst by our fans. Some of the chats were disgraceful and I believe he doesn't want to be here because of that.

I truly hope whoever comes next wins a trophy and gets top 4 because with Hazard going it would have be ideal for Sarri to carry on and continue his work, the continuity would have helped us greatly with the ban and hazard going.

I hope am proved wrong but if he goes we are in for a tough season, hope am wrong though.
If Sarri stays, we won't even make top 4 next season so I don't care if a new manager comes in and we don't make top 4.

We don't have good enough players mate. Take Hazard out and who will score the goals for us? Spurs are different. First of all, they have backed their manager for the past what, 4 seasons? Secondly, they have recruited well and shrewdly while having the fortune of a elite level striker at their disposal. Spurs have a very good side, let's not pretend their side is poor. 
Spurs have a good manager but sh*t team. Apart from Kane, Eriksen, Son and Alderweireld, non of there players will get into our first team.

1 hour ago, Blue Exile said:

He probably feels he is on a hiding to nothing next year with the transfer ban and a squad without Eden, the Juve job has opened up and he’s looking for an easy out whilst he can.

Thanks for CL football and the thumping of Arsenal Wednesday night.

I don’t think it’s time for Frank though.

I agree with all that except the last sentence.

Whoever is the manager, Sarri or anyone else, it is going to be a much, much tougher job next season with a transfer ban and Hazard gone.

We don't have good enough players mate. Take Hazard out and who will score the goals for us? Spurs are different. First of all, they have backed their manager for the past what, 4 seasons? Secondly, they have recruited well and shrewdly while having the fortune of a elite level striker at their disposal. Spurs have a very good side, let's not pretend their side is poor. 
Spurs have a good manager but sh*t team. Apart from Kane, Eriksen, Son and Alderweireld, non of there players will get into our first team.

6 minutes ago, wallosh said:
10 hours ago, Brutos said:
All the Sarri out fans are going to get their wish, I believe he is going mainly because of disrespectful he's been shown by the media and worst by our fans. Some of the chats were disgraceful and I believe he doesn't want to be here because of that.

I truly hope whoever comes next wins a trophy and gets top 4 because with Hazard going it would have be ideal for Sarri to carry on and continue his work, the continuity would have helped us greatly with the ban and hazard going.

I hope am proved wrong but if he goes we are in for a tough season, hope am wrong though.

If Sarri stays, we won't even make top 4 next season so I don't care if a new manager comes in and we don't make top 4.

You really are full of it. We will make the top 4 with the squad we have, we finished 3rd this season.

If we don't defer the transfer ban we have loads of talented youth players coming back that are more than capable of making an impact in the first team.

You really are full of it. We will make the top 4 with the squad we have, we finished 3rd this season.
If we don't defer the transfer ban we have loads of talented youth players coming back that are more than capable of making an impact in the first team.
Obviously, it seems am the only one who thinks we are fortunate to make top 4 this season.
To everyone out there like@Malcolm9 who seriously think we will make top 4 next season without Hazard while also competing in the champions league, prepare yourself for a HUGE disappointment!
As for me, I know we won't make top 4 next season, but next season will still be exciting to me if Sarri or the new manager can at least take us into the knock out stage of the champions league, play the youths, give some of our loan players a chance, and win either the Fa cup or Carabao cup.

8 hours ago, bisright1 said:

The worst most destructive thing to happen to Chelsea since Roman took over and it will be the fans fault. 

Mark my words, losing Sarri at this time will mean we are sacrificing our status as a big club.

Enjoy the champions League next year. We are going to fade over the next 5 years and won't experience it again for a while. 

f**king stupid idiots still thinking we are going to get Allegri in, or sarris football wasnt good enough for Chelsea. 

Not sure how I can face next season. 

Clown, start following Juve then.

Can't help but lose a bit of respect for Sarri (if) he jumps ship after one season, We're constantly looking for that manager that could build something progressive over three to four seasons but ironically it's not the board wanting him gone this time.

I think the fans that've booed him this season have utterly ballsed it up, God help us if we end up with someone as dull as Allegri. If some of you guys think Sarri's football was boring then Allegri will send you to sleep.

Genuinely pissed off at the news.

Edited by Luca Vialli

11 hours ago, Boston Blue said:

There are only three reasons I can think of for not appealing:

1. We don't believe we can win
  2. We don't think we'll hear before the window opens, or we don'tthink players we want will be available by the time we hear
  3. We really want Lampard, and want to give him a low pressure/low expectation first year to start to build something

If we are not standing in Sarri's way, then #3 makes some sense.

What I don't understand is why we are so willing to let Juve have him without a fight, after what bastards they were when we wanted to buy Sandro.

A potential fourth,

4. A further penalty if we push this ruling further.

I haven't heard there is yet it us the kind of thing you would expect if you keep challenging a decision.

It will be a brave move by the club to hire Lampard after one season. I admit, he did create a great atmosphere at Derby and it seemed like they over achieved given they had a lot of loan players and the sold their top goal scorer. 

It's too soon for Lampard right now, especially with the transfer fan. If Sarri likes to take the easy route out, good luck to him and no grudges, but he'd win lots of fans if he stays for another year and build his team.

1 hour ago, Malcolm9 said:

Jorginho has been fantastic for us, why would you want him to go?? Sarri is staying, he's started good things with the team that can only get better. The second half in the EL shows what we are looking to play like.

Jorginho would turn into Alonso MK 2. He is a system player who will probably look off under a different system. 

I am all for Sarri staying but does he want to stay?