coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

I'm actually bewildered by the Chelsea fans who want Sarri out, shame on you.

I can see him staying, he's already said he enjoys the Premier League plus he is happy being the Chelsea manager, all the other stuff is media BS.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

I'm actually bewildered by the Chelsea fans who want Sarri out, shame on you.

I can see him staying, he's already said he enjoys the Premier League plus he is happy being the Chelsea manager, all the other stuff is media BS.

i dont disagree with you entirely but you have to remember what is said in public is not always what is said in private. Eden Hazard loves the club, the fans, the league but he wants to head off to Madrid.   Juventus tick a lot of boxes for Sarri, he loves the premier league but he loves Serie A, too.  I'd like to see him stay but you have to admit there is just too much smoke for there not to be a fire re. Sarri.     Set yourself up for the worst, the disappointment hurts less, its what ive done

I still think they might wait to see one last time if Poch can come, but i am 90% sure its Sarri

25 minutes ago, RickUK said:

i dont disagree with you entirely but you have to remember what is said in public is not always what is said in private. Eden Hazard loves the club, the fans, the league but he wants to head off to Madrid.   Juventus tick a lot of boxes for Sarri, he loves the premier league but he loves Serie A, too.  I'd like to see him stay but you have to admit there is just too much smoke for there not to be a fire re. Sarri.     Set yourself up for the worst, the disappointment hurts less, its what ive done

I still think they might wait to see one last time if Poch can come, but i am 90% sure its Sarri

I’d love poch to leave 

3 hours ago, dkw said:

Disgraceful attitude that seems prevalent in our younger fans unfortunately, spoilt little sh*ts. Every season there's 4 trophies, to win any of them is glorious and absolutely worthy of celebration. 

Totally agreed mate.

I always want to win them all and to win any one is a huge achievement.

In Italy almost all mainstream news give sarri at juve as a fine deal while a few bloggers and some journalists and the main financial newspaper give credits to the Guardiola rumor and pep is still close second favourite on terms of odds on the market despite many strong denials from both clubs.

It could be all down to the usual fake news Circus if it wasn't for at least a couple of these journalists that are usually very well informed on juve and are not clowns, one of them being the one that announced Ronaldo last may when it was not even a rumour yet.

In my opinion both managers are huge risks for juve, sarri is bigger because his style of play and communication is exactly the opposite of what traditionally juve looks for, with one notable and tragic exception in 1990 with maifredi who was a clown who copied sacchi without being worth his left ball. Sarri is a way better manager but I doubt that he would adapt and due to his Neapolitan past fans would not being as forgiving as they would be with Guardiola.

On the other hand I would really not understand why Chelsea would want to free him when he is very likely to do better in the second year vs the first and the club faces a very difficult year without a transfer window. I am actually puzzled looking at both sides of the equation so much so that I am almost tempted to give credit to the Guardiola rumor that seems to be totally unfounded based on facts

I cannot believe Allegri is the fav with Chelsea fans for the job. Are they stuck n a timewarp and not seen how City and Liverpool have moved the game on in this country?     He will come in, organise the style of play and make us fairly hard to beat and that will  be that with zero hope of any kind of progressive play. 

What does progressive play mean?

3 minutes ago, B&Wlegends said:

sarri his style of play is exactly the opposite of what traditionally juve looks for,

This is exactly what our club wanted 12 months ago, a complete turnaround in our style, and we got that.

On Wednesday night Cesc Fabregas was saying in the studio after the game, he couldn't emphasise enough how hard it has been for Sarri to take over the team and change the way we play, i cant remember the exact word he used be he made out its a big thing and much credit should go to him for his work.

28 minutes ago, B&Wlegends said:

In Italy almost all mainstream news give sarri at juve as a fine deal while a few bloggers and some journalists and the main financial newspaper give credits to the Guardiola rumor and pep is still close second favourite on terms of odds on the market despite many strong denials from both clubs.

It could be all down to the usual fake news Circus if it wasn't for at least a couple of these journalists that are usually very well informed on juve and are not clowns, one of them being the one that announced Ronaldo last may when it was not even a rumour yet.

In my opinion both managers are huge risks for juve, sarri is bigger because his style of play and communication is exactly the opposite of what traditionally juve looks for, with one notable and tragic exception in 1990 with maifredi who was a clown who copied sacchi without being worth his left ball. Sarri is a way better manager but I doubt that he would adapt and due to his Neapolitan past fans would not being as forgiving as they would be with Guardiola.

On the other hand I would really not understand why Chelsea would want to free him when he is very likely to do better in the second year vs the first and the club faces a very difficult year without a transfer window. I am actually puzzled looking at both sides of the equation so much so that I am almost tempted to give credit to the Guardiola rumor that seems to be totally unfounded based on facts

I really think Chelsea don't want him to go. Sarri has tons of reasons to go back to Italy. 

This is exactly what our club wanted 12 months ago, a complete turnaround in our style, and we got that.
On Wednesday night Cesc Fabregas was saying in the studio after the game, he couldn't emphasise enough how hard it has been for Sarri to take over the team and change the way we play, i cant remember the exact word he used be he made out its a big thing and much credit should go to him for his work.
No doubt that's why you need a club that is fully behind the project and I doubt juve can be especially if he comes and wins nothing after a record winning era, which to be honest would be hardly surprising because our next manager will have a very tough task in Italy too.
On the other hand Chelsea is hardly is ideal club considering how your board is famous for not supporting managers and getting rid of them at the first opportunity, but since he was good and lucky enough to win in his first year it seems strange to let him go in the second, but hardly surprising any more considering how they fired an even better manager like Conte

30 minutes ago, B&Wlegends said:

What does progressive play mean?

For me it comes from managers, who over a period of time will develop a team that plays modern, fearless, fast, attacking football. Teams who try to take the game to the opposition home and away no matter who the  opposition is. Pep and Klopp are such managers. Allegri, Jose and Simeone are most definitely not! They still play football from 20 years ago.

1 minute ago, Dixons said:

For me it comes from managers, who over a period of time will develop a team that plays modern, fearless, fast, attacking football. Teams who try to take the game to the opposition home and away no matter who the  opposition is. Pep and Klopp are such managers. Allegri, Jose and Simeone are most definitely not! They still play football from 20 years ago.

So no teams attacked 20 years ago?

5 minutes ago, RickUK said:

Juventus just aren't getting Pep.  There is zero chance this season, absolutely none. I will bet all the money in the world

Me too!  No way will he go to a struggling, 2nd rate, one team league at this momentt in time!

1 minute ago, Ernie_blue said:

So no teams attacked 20 years ago?

That's not what i said at all! There's always been attacking teams and defensive, pragmatic ones.   I'm saying Allegri and co play ultra, pragmatic football that was around decades ago and could win titles in England. Pep and Klopp have moved the game on hugely in this country over the last couple of years, to the extent where they make the likes of Jose look like Dinosaurs. It's laughable to think you're going to compete with City by doing little more than grind your way to results week in week out nd parking the bus against decent teams. I'm glad that garbage is dead in the water in our league.

4 minutes ago, Dixons said:

That's not what i said at all! There's always been attacking teams and defensive, pragmatic ones.   I'm saying Allegri and co play ultra, pragmatic football that was around decades ago and could win titles in England. Pep and Klopp have moved the game on hugely in this country over the last couple of years, to the extent where they make the likes of Jose look like Dinosaurs. It's laughable to think you're going to compete with City by doing little more than grind your way to results week in week out nd parking the bus against decent teams. I'm glad that garbage is dead in the water in our league.

I reckon Simone, Allegri and Conte could come to this league with right club and spend sh*t loads of money like City and compete with two teams like City and Liverpool. I dont care what kind of football we play as long as we are successful, the last season was some of the worst and boring football I have seen but we still won a trophy.

Hows it laughable?, we dont know if these sort managers can compete playing their brand of football until they get enough years and enough money to spend. What Simeone has done at Madrid is brilliant.

No thanks I'd rather we stuck with Sarri and his style. We had a difficult period in the new year for a few months but the start and the end of the season were strong.

Remember Sarri mainly has an inherited squad, he was never going to have it all working how he wants in one season for christ sake.

I dont know how someone can call a tactically master defense and organized attack as pragmatic and boring. What I find boring is keeping the ball and passing it back to your CB DOING NOTHING with the ball. Shipping in goals to me makes the game annoying. Id rather score one or two goals and have none against us. That to me is what an amazing team does. 

I think mourinho, ancelotti, Di Matteo and Conte have all won UK recently and sarri's Chelsea is all but progressive according to your definition. Dutch and Hungarians played your progressive style many decades ago. Guardiola's progressive football in the last 8 years without messi,xhavi and iniesta has done considerably worse spending considerably more than Allegri's not progressive style. I find these labels very misleading to put it mildly 

5 minutes ago, Hazard STAY said:

I dont know how someone can call a tactically master defense and organized attack as pragmatic and boring. What I find boring is keeping the ball and passing it back to your CB DOING NOTHING with the ball.

Your'e not really grasping whats going on when that happens, we don't just pass it back for the sake of it, we are trying to manipulate the opposition and open up spaces between them. Surely after a whole season of watching us try it you can recognise it by now ? Granted it doesn't look to confident when we do it, but slowly were doing it more and more successfully.

Your'e not really grasping whats going on when that happens, we don't just pass it back for the sake of it, we are trying to manipulate the opposition and open up spaces between them. Surely after a whole season of watching us try it you can recognise it by now ? Granted it doesn't look to confident when we do it, but slowly were doing it more and more successfully.
Ah well that's exactly what classic Uruguayan and Italian schools do since the late 20s but apparently that's not progressive

Chelsea are considering Allegri as Sarri replacement while club legend Frank Lampard and unattached Laurent Blanc are also said to be in the running. (ESPN) #CFC

If Sarri leaves, it’s going to be one of these 3. There’s no one else. 

14 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

I reckon Simone, Allegri and Conte could come to this league with right club and spend sh*t loads of money like City and compete with two teams like City and Liverpool. I dont care what kind of football we play as long as we are successful, the last season was some of the worst and boring football I have seen but we still won a trophy.

Hows it laughable?, we dont know if these sort managers can compete playing their brand of football until they get enough years and enough money to spend. What Simeone has done at Madrid is brilliant.

Jose was given time and shedloads of cash at Utd and rightly got sacked. Conte played good football in his first season with us and with better backing could have taken us further. Second season was as negative as Jose at his worse. 

4 hours ago, coco said:

In 1984 i celebrated winning the 2nd division along with many thousands of other Chelsea fans, it was a huge lift for the club and partly the reason i hung about supporting this club all this time. 

Oh sorry, i forgot your'e not interested.

And don't forget the Full Members Cup or the  Zenith Data whichever name appeals that we are the joint most successful club.

“How many times do I have to say, I’m not going to Juventus?” he said. “I am not going to move to Italy, I’m staying here two more seasons. “I have two more years here and I’m not going to move. Impossible

When told that the journalist reporting it (Momblano) had broken Cristiano Ronaldo's move from Madrid to Turin, Guardiola replied: "Now it's 1-1. He made a good shot with Ronaldo but he missed this one. I'm not going to go to Juventus."

Pep Guardiola's words.  He isnt coming to Juventus, Momblano is taking the piss out of you all

Edited by RickUK