Jump to content

coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

  1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

    • In
      120
    • Out
      64


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Allegri on the other hand is a great manager and a clear upgrade from Sarri...

No he isn't. Juve have been atrocious to watch over the last couple of seasons. A dithering Cuadrado on the wing playing it in for the Croatian Andy Carroll. Dreadful football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the club would have supported Sarri in the summer if it was possible. 
If the board couldn't back Conte after winning the league, I can't see how they will back Sarri 100% in the transfer window without the ban.
That's simply the reason why appointing Sarri in the first place is wrong. When trying to bring in a new manager, we should only bring in managers that won't rely on the transfer window alone to improve the team. We need a manager that will take a close look at our youngsters and loan players and use the ones that fits his pattern of play to improve the first team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

No he isn't. Juve have been atrocious to watch over the last couple of seasons. A dithering Cuadrado on the wing playing it in for the Croatian Andy Carroll. Dreadful football.

It's a result business though. And that he's excelled at.
As dominant as Juventus have been in Italy it's an achievement to keep a team going for five consecutive league titles, as well as two CL-finals in his time there.

Not saying he's the right manager for us but i don't think its wrong to call him a great manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, evissy said:

Anyone who thinks fans booing Sarri has a major impact in him leaving is deluded.

The guy is pure emotion. What did he say when we won the Europa Cup?....

This victory is for the Napoli fans who deserve this, Now surely someone who's just won their first trophy with a new set of fans would acknowledge them to some degree? It's had a bigger impact than most think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

The guy is pure emotion. What did he say when we won the Europa Cup?....

This victory is for the Napoli fans who deserve this, Now surely someone who's just won their first trophy with a new set of fans would acknowledge them to some degree? It's had a bigger impact than most think.

I think that quote was unfair. I'm pretty sure he was talking to sky Italia 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, wallosh said:
11 hours ago, bisright1 said:
Biggest problem I have at the moment is we will replace Sarri with a manager we will sack next year if (when) we come 6th. 
Frank / Allegri / blanc / whoever
This cycle will repeat and we won't be any nearer breaking it which is what we need to do if we are going to compete with the two clubs at the top of the league.
Hopefully I'm proved wrong. But I'm worried we hire Frank and sack him. He needs to be given assurances we will stick by him long term. The cycle of sacking and hiring managers for short term success is over. The club's above us are too good.
 

If Sarri stays, I can put my money on him being sacked before the end of the season. So what's your point? Stop acting like Sarri staying will win us the EPL title next season.

I don't mind disagreeing on this. I think Sarri would improve us next year, you don't. I think we would be on our way to closing the gap. I think a new manager will set us back as we will have a new style, again.

I just don't like this view that he has to go because the football this year wasn't enjoyable to watch. I think he has to stay because he's done a great job changing our style and it will be better next year to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I think that quote was unfair. I'm pretty sure he was talking to sky Italia 

He was, it was in reply to the sky italia interviewer saying napoli had said congratulations to him. He also thanked the injured players In the same time, but strangely that's not been mentioned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wenger transformed Arsenal's style almost instantly and turned them into a team that neautrals and even fans other other teams enjoyed watching. Even Ian Holloway did it with a Blackpool team that got relegated from the Premiership. He knew the grinding football that got them there wouldn't be enough to keep them, so he said they'd go out a have a real go, which they most certainly did. 
Well if by instantly you mean over 22 years that might be the case, I doubt a manager at juve would survive even one season without trophies. In any case I am not familiar with arsenal team roster when Wenger took over but I am definitely familiar with hundreds of examples when bad managers failed because they tried to apply a tactical idea to a group of unfit players. Players come first tactics must adapt to players not the other way around. If a club has the luxury to build the ideal team for a manager then so be it, but in the long term I don't think it's a winning strategy because club comes first always

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luca Vialli said:

No he isn't. Juve have been atrocious to watch over the last couple of seasons. A dithering Cuadrado on the wing playing it in for the Croatian Andy Carroll. Dreadful football.

What can we say about our own team in that case? I can bet that Allegri has more tactical knowledge than Sarri.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I think it's a lack of desire from the board to keep him. Which is stemmed from the fans indifference to him. If the board had truly backed him, I don't think he'd be leaving. He thought there was a chance he'd be sacked even after coming 3rd, that's not what he signed up for. 

Also we can't excuse the board from the fact we have a ban. Because that does make it easier - why stay at a club that's such a shambles they can't sign players for a year. 

Shambles. 

What lack of desire? Every account suggest that Sarri and his agent are the ones who have pushed for him to move to Juventus, and asked the club to release him. In the transfer market he was supported by the club, and secondly he's also said the transfer market is "for the weak" and not important to him so that shouldn't have been an excuse to quit in that case.

And yes, of course the fans have been indifferent to Sarri. He's done nothing to build any kind of relationship with the fans and have failed to even acknowledge them most of the time this season so neither he or anyone else should demand that fans just automatically take to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I think it's a lack of desire from the board to keep him. Which is stemmed from the fans indifference to him. If the board had truly backed him, I don't think he'd be leaving. He thought there was a chance he'd be sacked even after coming 3rd, that's not what he signed up for. 

Also we can't excuse the board from the fact we have a ban. Because that does make it easier - why stay at a club that's such a shambles they can't sign players for a year. 

Shambles. 

I bet if Sarri came to your house party and took a massive sh*t in the middle of the living room, you'd probably still blame it on yourself for being a bad host.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wallosh said:
6 hours ago, bisright1 said:
Funny how we look amazing when winning a title (on highlights!) against a transition year in actual time. Contes second season was awful to watch, that style of football just doesn't cut it anymore. 
Anyway, no Sarri in fan thinks we've been playing great, why do so many people think that's the argument! That's not what anyone says. I think we've improved during the season and I think we've become exciting at times. But was really excited to see what could happen next year with a full pre season. 

The point is we were more exciting to watch under Conte than this just concluded season under Sarri. In fact, since January, am always nervous in every EPL game we play because I know if by any way the opposition score ahead of us, it's almost certainly a game over. I wasn't that anxious under Conte.

You really are a ray of sunshine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine to an Italian, without any passionate hatred of them, Juve are a bit like the Real Madrid of Italy, only without a Barcelona for competition.

So while a diehard Atletico fan would never want to be involved with Real, if Sarri has dislike of them like that it would be a dream move like Real is to Eden. May well be this opportunity is just too much to his liking to turn down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I imagine to an Italian, without any passionate hatred of them, Juve are a bit like the Real Madrid of Italy, only without a Barcelona for competition.

So while a diehard Atletico fan would never want to be involved with Real, if Sarri has dislike of them like that it would be a dream move like Real is to Eden. May well be this opportunity is just too much to his liking to turn down.

He gets a CL run with Ronaldo, a certain league title vs top 4 struggle with us, our best player gone, no new ones in and most likely CL round of 16 or until we get a decent opponent.

Plus the board aren’t really showing desire to keep him, the fans neither, Juve for an Italian is the pinnacle, it’s not a hard choice to make really... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I imagine to an Italian, without any passionate hatred of them, Juve are a bit like the Real Madrid of Italy, only without a Barcelona for competition.

So while a diehard Atletico fan would never want to be involved with Real, if Sarri has dislike of them like that it would be a dream move like Real is to Eden. May well be this opportunity is just too much to his liking to turn down.

He gets a CL run with Ronaldo, a certain league title vs top 4 struggle with us, our best player gone, no new ones in and most likely CL round of 16 or until we get a decent opponent.

Plus the board aren’t really showing desire to keep him, the fans neither, Juve for an Italian is the pinnacle, it’s not a hard choice to make really... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is really seeking this job if Sarri does in fact leave? 

I guess it all depends on when the transfer ban starts, this summer or next. If it is delayed, and the new manager is promised massive spending (and selling Hazard) when the window opens 11th of June, guess we could attract a top manager.

Will we know our fate from the arbitrator prior to the 11th? If not, does that automatically bump it to January? Or can we buy like crazy until they make the decision?

If we get the decision before the 11th and we are banned this summer, then sell Hazard (keep the cash obviously), hire Jose version 3.0 and defend like crazy all year long. You heard it here first ?

Come on you Chelsea!!

Edited by Chelsea Buzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep Sarri at all costs. I feel he will do well with Pulisic Willian and Pedro on the wings. We have Cho to come back also. I guess Batshuayi and Giroud to start as strikers. (Please keep Morata away)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, wallosh said:

If the board couldn't back Conte after winning the league, I can't see how they will back Sarri 100% in the transfer window without the ban.
That's simply the reason why appointing Sarri in the first place is wrong. When trying to bring in a new manager, we should only bring in managers that won't rely on the transfer window alone to improve the team. We need a manager that will take a close look at our youngsters and loan players and use the ones that fits his pattern of play to improve the first team.

Isn't this what Sarri did? Playing Emerson, CHO and RLC? When was Sarri too reliant on transfers alone? He asked for a striker because the strikers we have aren't good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, robdog said:

bro I am reading that it's pretty much a done deal

 

Who’s the old guy in the photo heading into Selfridges?

Kidding of course.

Sarri is such a middle of the road manager to me, nothing special. There are better and there are worse, which is why this potential hire seems so surprising. Felt he was out of his league at times in the EPL last year, but guess Juve is very familiar with him and what he did with Napoli.

Where we go next would be real interesting. I do not think now is the time for Super Frank. With all of the turmoil with the transfer ban, now or January, it will take someone special and resolute. Save Frank for the hire after next, about 12-18 months from now I am sure. 

When does John Terry get a shot? When he is ready, he might make a better manager than Frank. 

Time will tell.

Come on you Chelsea!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Hazard STAY said:

Keep Sarri at all costs. I feel he will do well with Pulisic Willian and Pedro on the wings. We have Cho to come back also. I guess Batshuayi and Giroud to start as strikers. (Please keep Morata away)

Jesus that might be the first time I’ve heard Pedro, Willian, and do well in the same sentence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

Who’s the old guy in the photo heading into Selfridges?

Kidding of course.

Sarri is such a middle of the road manager to me, nothing special. There are better and there are worse, which is why this potential hire seems so surprising. Felt he was out of his league at times in the EPL last year, but guess Juve is very familiar with him and what he did with Napoli.

Where we go next would be real interesting. I do not think now is the time for Super Frank. With all of the turmoil with the transfer ban, now or January, it will take someone special and resolute. Save Frank for the hire after next, about 12-18 months from now I am sure. 

When does John Terry get a shot? When he is ready, he might make a better manager than Frank. 

Time will tell.

Come on you Chelsea!!

 

The job is open for application yearly. He will get his chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Sindre said:

It's a result business though. And that he's excelled at.
As dominant as Juventus have been in Italy it's an achievement to keep a team going for five consecutive league titles, as well as two CL-finals in his time there.

Not saying he's the right manager for us but i don't think its wrong to call him a great manager.

Yes, it's a results bussiness, but why try and get them playing Allegri's way when you can get them just as easily playing more attractive football? In fact, most successful teams do not play sterile, pragmatic football. He can get away with it in the Italian league which has declined hugely but that type of football will not be anywhere close to being good enough in the EPL in 2019!  Mark my words, Allegri will not last long if he comes here!

Edited by Dixons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...