Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

This is probably my first post or one of very few this season as this place can get painfully sad. Nevertheless as a fan, it's always a place I come to observe and read what fellow fans think and I have gone the whole nine yards of the emotional roller coaster of this place, this season.

It's funny to see the pro and anti Sarri posts but I think it's almost ridiculous if not bordering on lunacy the way some people seek to exclude Sarri's current stance (if true) from the behaviour of some petulant and unreasonable approach of some of the fan base.

Read a post where someone said anyone linking both is delusional and another or a few saying Sarri didnt ingratiate himself with the fans. I call bull on both.

A manager in such late years with his biggest footballing jobs in his last 2 and in the last 4 years ago has not had a career in professional football from the get go will be affected by the boo boys. Simply because at that level all he has to go on is his results and validation from those around him who matter ie fans and club management. 

He has delivered his results and if we reverse the league performance back to front (flying start, difficult middle, steady finish) it would be all gravy in the world of the fans, albeit a few as in life one of the constants is haters. Can't please 'em all.

He left his beloved Naples only for two reasons. The problems with De laurentis and the pull of Chelsea. He will leave Chelsea also because of conflict, maybe with the fans but not because of the pull of Juventus or a transfer ban.

Whilst he would like to have players that fit into his system he is not as focussed on the market as some other managers and this is why the transfer ban won't be a factor in his decision.

He's not a typical professional football manager hence the lack of press sound bites and also maybe less of a need to pander to the whims of a spoilt fan base. Sarri being stubborn is a reflection of his conviction in his methods and this is similar to Pep in his first season. The only reason the press couldn't get the heat turned up to the degree they did to Sarri with Pep was his trophy count from other leagues.

This was simply a combination of the bias, possibly unconscious but bias nevertheless the media in this country have about Chelsea and secondly the assumed affront of a man that had won nothing previously going against what they considered the best positions for our personnel in the team in their capacity as the holders of knowledge and divine understanding on how football should be played.

This post will be longer than this if I go on like I had planned to express my view but I think I'll just wrap it up here by saying we as fans (most) have long wanted a different identity to our football and Sarri was delivering that after a decade of playing something on the other end of the scale. It is not a season's job.

The loss of Sarri, whether you like to convince yourself different is up to you, will set us back.

I didn't particularly like him as our choice when Conte left but was willing to give him a chance so supported fully. That's what as fans we should all have done.

Frank Lampard is not ready to take on a job the scale of Chelsea. Stop the delusion.

A manager's job description, I'm very doubtful includes a requirement to ingratiate himself with the fans and the fans have no right to demand this. If a manager does so excellent, if he doesn't it is not an excuse to boo him and berate him. He works to bring the fans pleasure and satisfaction ultimately through results and booing your own team in any case is the absurdity and polar opposite of what the role of fans to their team should be.

2 hours ago, Zeta said:

The only way I would want to see Mourinho back is with a lot of conditions:

- He agrees to chill the f**k out and stop bringing arguments and bad press all the time

- He agrees that for the first 2 years, his remit is to build a youthful side, making use of our best academy prospects, not to sign stop-gap players to try and win the league once

- We also revamp the staff around him. We need a DoF with real knowledge, who can help guide the project of an exciting, youthful side and stop Jose when he wants to sign a load of Willians for their workrate.

You forget to add

- Keep Carlo on the staff.

56 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Mourinho Mk.III

Kepa

Azpi  Zouma  Rudiger  Emerson

Drinkwater  Kante

Pedro    Barkley     Willian

Giroud

RLC, CHO, Luiz, Mount, Tammy - all likely to leave.

Kepa probably sold within a season as he's too fancy with the ball at his feet and not a 6ft 7 shot stopper.

Pulisic out on loan for 3 seasons until he's old enough to play under Mourinho. 

Reece James never getting close to a look in.

Jorginho will play next to Kante if Mourinho ever returned.

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 03:03, Strider6003 said:

A potential fourth,

4. A further penalty if we push this ruling further.

I haven't heard there is yet it us the kind of thing you would expect if you keep challenging a decision.

Can CAS do that?  Can they extend the ban if we appeal?

I just don't understand why the club would bring him in then. Chase him all summer, pay his release for 8m, bring in Kepa and Jorginho, only to tell him they won't back up publicly or footballing wise 10 months later.

This club confuse and frustrate. There is no long term vision. When Man City went through a bad patch with Pep, likewise with Klopp at Liverpool, the board didn't say they won't continue to back the managers.

Even Pochettino has continually been supported despite winning bugger all for the last 4 seasons. 

Edited by enigma

6 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Anyone even entertaining the idea of Mourinho should have their heads tested.

There's no-one I'd less like to have.

He's spent, he's a total embarrassment and he's odious.

Next.

I agree mate, not sure our board will see it that way though. 

Good to see you back again mate, i take it you like to avoid this place during the season? 

Chelsea are considering a move for Javi Gracia if head coach Maurizio Sarri leaves the club.

More on this from @MarkOgden_ 

• Gracia's playing style and coaching ability has caught the eye of the Chelsea hierarchy, who are also considering the merits of former Stamford Bridge midfielder Frank Lampard.

• Gracia is ‘under consideration’ NOT a favoured candidate.

- ESPN.

7 minutes ago, enigma said:
I just don't understand why the club would bring him in then. Chase him all summer, pay his release for 8m, bring in Kepa and Jorginho, only to tell him they won't back up publicly or footballing wise 10 months later.

This club confuse and frustrate. There is no long term vision. When Man City went through a bad patch with Pep, likewise with Klopp at Liverpool, the board didn't say they won't continue to back the managers.

Even Pochettino has continually been supported despite winning bugger all for the last 4 seasons. 

Sarri is under contract. He can't just walk without an agreement from us. We could make him stay but what's the point, knowing he's not committed to us, knowing he's off as soon as he's able. Why would you back a manager under those circumstances? It really isn't that hard to understand.

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Mourinho Mk.III

Kepa

Azpi  Zouma  Rudiger  Emerson

Drinkwater  Kante

Pedro    Barkley     Willian

Giroud

RLC, CHO, Luiz, Mount, Tammy - all likely to leave.

Kepa probably sold within a season as he's too fancy with the ball at his feet and not a 6ft 7 shot stopper.

Pulisic out on loan for 3 seasons until he's old enough to play under Mourinho. 

Reece James never getting close to a look in.

Not to mention Jose trying to sign someone like Zlatan (an over the hill player who's at least 33-34) 

It's a bit funny how this thread (that's actually the second of its kind) started with us wanting him out, and now at the end of the season when many (including myself) want him to stay, he's the one thinking to gtfo...

Conte had won a lot and the club didn't back him, he fought against the board and lost his job, now Sarri even after a very shaky season finished top 3 and won Europa and he's also not getting the backup from the club. I guess we don't need a manager anymore.

It's a bit funny how this thread (that's actually the second of its kind) started with us wanting him out, and now at the end of the season when many (including myself) want him to stay, he's the one thinking to gtfo...

Conte had won a lot and the club didn't back him, he fought against the board and lost his job, now Sarri even after a very shaky season finished top 3 and won Europa and he's also not getting the backup from the club. I guess we don't need a manager anymore.

Have wanted him out for a long time, winning the Europa league doesn't change that for me, the football has been dire and boring, we have barely dominated any games all season

Losing 4-0 to Bournemouth is totally unacceptable and should never happen, I wont lose any sleep over his departure.

38 minutes ago, enigma said:

Could be that after watching him, the club didn't like his methods, didn't like the football, didn't like the way fans reacted to him, and given how close they were to sacking him last year, may have felt that they should take the opportunity to let him go if that's what he wanted.  They may have thought that if things went poorly and things got to the point where they had to sack him mid season, that it was best to let him go in the summer.

39 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Chelsea are considering a move for Javi Gracia if head coach Maurizio Sarri leaves the club.

More on this from @MarkOgden_ 

• Gracia's playing style and coaching ability has caught the eye of the Chelsea hierarchy, who are also considering the merits of former Stamford Bridge midfielder Frank Lampard.

• Gracia is ‘under consideration’ NOT a favoured candidate.

- ESPN.

That would be surprising.  Hopefully it's just us doing our due diligence.  Watford did have a good season by their standards, though.

Massimiliano Allegri, who has left Juventus after winning Serie A in each of his five seasons in Turin, could yet trade places with Sarri. But sources have told ESPN FC that there is a reluctance at Chelsea to appoint a third successive Italian manager due to the players struggling to embrace the approaches of either Sarri or his predecessor, Antonio Conte.

- ESPN

If that’s true, outside of Allegri, there is only really Lampard then. Leaving ourselves abit thin. 

If we bring back Mou, or even recruit Allegri, then it shows that our apparent aspiration to play possession-oriented football was just a shallow conceit, to be discarded at the first sign of difficulty.

Anyway, if the board aren't moving heaven and earth to keep Sarri on board, then they deserve all the criticism they've received. I mean, what evidence is there that Frank/Gracia are remotely equipped to manage a Top 4 PL club?

If Sarri was to leave of his own accord, I'd take a punt on Blanc. He's spent more time managing top sides than Frank/Gracia and his style is IMO more possession-oriented than Allegri's, so closer to our putative vision. 

Edited by DaRick
Just now, JM7 said:

Massimiliano Allegri, who has left Juventus after winning Serie A in each of his five seasons in Turin, could yet trade places with Sarri. But sources have told ESPN FC that there is a reluctance at Chelsea to appoint a third successive Italian manager due to the players struggling to embrace the approaches of either Sarri or his predecessor, Antonio Conte.

- ESPN

If that’s true, outside of Allegri, there is only really Lampard then. Leaving ourselves abit thin. 

But just because Allegri is also Italian it doesn't mean his methods are similar to Sarri...Or Conte for that matter. Allegri could be similar to Conte in that sense that he adapts his tactic to the type of the players he has but his gameplan is really impressive, I would vote Allegri in today if there was the option.

49 minutes ago, JM7 said:

- ESPN

Apparently Allegri is a cat owner and all our successful managers have been dog lovers, so Chelsea are flat-out refusing to talk to him.  

3 hours ago, chi blue said:

I hope this silly season finishes soon, it would be nice to see Sarri move to Juve this week, so he gets his wish, and then Frank arrives by Friday and we can all move on through the summer with dreams of Chelsea ripping it up next season with an abundance of youth swarming all over the opposition, while the gooners mope about on Thursday nights still hoping Ozil will be their saviour, and Spurs still fantasize about winning something.

As one of Sarris biggest critics you must be over the moon, you called him a fraud at least a dozen times, so lets hope for your sake we can finish 2nd next season, otherwise he will be back at Derby by the time we can register a new player, and i shall be reminding you of some of your posts.

• coco locked this topic