Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

1 hour ago, Davey Baby said:

Sarri is under contract. He can't just walk without an agreement from us. We could make him stay but what's the point, knowing he's not committed to us, knowing he's off as soon as he's able. Why would you back a manager under those circumstances? It really isn't that hard to understand.

How is this Sarri's fault though? He wanted the club to back him publicly when we went through that rough patch and they didn't. Instead he was hearing the journalists come out and keep asking about him being sacked or the papers saying he risked being fired. 

He asked them in the meeting a fee days ago to support him (not in the transfer market) but publicly in the media, but they have refused. He also wanted them to believe in his philosophy. I don't see that is much to ask for. 

The whole point of hiring Sarri was to change the philosophy from a pragmatic, defensive system to a more offensive one. The problem is, these type of changes were always going to take time and patience. If the board can't afford the patience to change style and identity then there will be no consistency. 

1 hour ago, DaRick said:

If we bring back Mou, or even recruit Allegri, then it shows that our apparent aspiration to play possession-oriented football was just a shallow conceit, to be discarded at the first sign of difficulty.

Anyway, if the board aren't moving heaven and earth to keep Sarri on board, then they deserve all the criticism they've received. I mean, what evidence is there that Frank/Gracia are remotely equipped to manage a Top 4 PL club?

If Sarri was to leave of his own accord, I'd take a punt on Blanc. He's spent more time managing top sides than Frank/Gracia and his style is IMO more possession-oriented than Allegri's, so closer to our putative vision. 

It's actually feels quite surreal how badly I don't want Mou back.

If someone said to me 10 or even 5 years ago I would wind up in the summer of 2019 preferring Steve Holland or Frank Lampard as our next manager I would have got the person in question sectioned.

If he returns it would be the most deflated I've felt about a manager decision here since he left the first time, talk about full circle.

25 minutes ago, enigma said:

How is this Sarri's fault though? He wanted the club to back him publicly when we went through that rough patch and they didn't. Instead he was hearing the journalists come out and keep asking about him being sacked or the papers saying he risked being fired. 

He asked them in the meeting a fee days ago to support him (not in the transfer market) but publicly in the media, but they have refused. He also wanted them to believe in his philosophy. I don't see that is much to ask for. 

The whole point of hiring Sarri was to change the philosophy from a pragmatic, defensive system to a more offensive one. The problem is, these type of changes were always going to take time and patience. If the board can't afford the patience to change style and identity then there will be no consistency. 

Ah this old chestnut of a club openly putting out a statement supporting the manger. Now let’s remind ourselves what normally happens when the top brass do just that.

Sari has a contract and to openly ask for the club to issue  a statement or something akin to one is quite simply pathetic.

Mourinho, No, no, no, no, fecking no, no, no, what sort of joke circus are we becoming, he totally f**ked up his dream job at utd, just remember when he said i'm at my dream club, or words similar, he has properly soured his milk with us...

Edited by Ballack & Blu
9 minutes ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:

I get the desire for results but how does the board expect anything to change if we keep sacking managers? If I were a decent manager I'm not sure I'd want this job... we've become a joke.

3 years pay for 1 years work, why not.

34 minutes ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:

I get the desire for results but how does the board expect anything to change if we keep sacking managers? If I were a decent manager I'm not sure I'd want this job... we've become a joke.

I don't think the board are sacking him. If anything, Sarri is the one that wants to leave and tbh I don't blame him considering how many of the fans made him seem unwelcome. Most of the people we are being linked with seem like a downgrade IMO and as the saying goes "be careful what you wish for".

36 minutes ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:

Probably why we're looking at rookie managers or mid-table guys like Gracia ...

53 minutes ago, terraloon said:

Ah this old chestnut of a club openly putting out a statement supporting the manger. Now let’s remind ourselves what normally happens when the top brass do just that.

Sari has a contract and to openly ask for the club to issue  a statement or something akin to one is quite simply pathetic.

Has he "openly asked" that? What evidence do you have? Because a report in the Times is as far from evidence as its possible to get. 

1 hour ago, Brutos said:

It's funny how some fans are now saying Sarri isn't committed when a majority of them basically told him to piss off and do one, and the board not backing him now he's the one getting the blame for wanting to leave somewhere he doesn't feel welcomed. Hahaha

You simply can't make this up.

The thing is it's not a majority that told him to stuff his playstyle, It's a very vocal minority backed up by our utterly slimy media. I still think the vast majority appreciated what he was trying to do. To see him simply throw it all away after the first season when Juve come calling is pretty devastating.

This genuinely feels to me for the first time in over a decade that we're now going backwards.

Too much conjecture here. The club have failed to give him the 'dreaded vote of confidence in public' , that in the footballing world normally equates to the board are happy enough with him.

The board aren't backing his style of football yet have invested in Jorginho, brought Higuain in ( apparently against their better judgement) and invested in a world record fee for a keeper he coveted whilst at Napoli. We are currently under a transfer ban but who knows what the plans are if we were to get a stay of execution, our board quite rightly like to keep their transfer targets close to their chest.

The board are allowing him to leave for another job, there is no use keeping a manager at the club who has had his head turned. 

Just possibly, and this is conjecture too. Sarri has found adapting his life both professional and family to a new country difficult. He has a good job offer back in his native Italy with one of the biggest clubs in the world and has spoken to the board, who may just have decided to let him leave, having achieved his goals for the season. All parties walk away happy.

12 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

The thing is it's not a majority that told him to stuff his playstyle, It's a very vocal minority backed up by our utterly slimy media. I still think the vast majority appreciated what he was trying to do. To see him simply throw it all away after the first season when Juve come calling is pretty devastating.

This genuinely feels to me for the first time in over a decade that we're now going backwards.

On the evidence of this thread poll, there is a clear two thirds majority that want him to stay !

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Three trophies in as many years, yeah proper laughing stock us mate. 

In that time Pool have made 2 CL finals in a row and won one while we doss about in the European Paint Trophy. We’re a million miles from being a proper footballing force again. 

7 hours ago, Sindre said:

Don't see it happening but when i saw Mourinho reactions when asked about the Chelsea-job in the studio post-match on saturday you could be forgiven for thinking there might be something in it.

Probably not the right man for us at this stage but i don't think i could ever be against hiring Mourinho.

No doubt he was playing the tart and batting his eyelids when being interviewed “ I want to go where I am loved. In football you never know what’s round the corner” etc etc

He was every bit as stubborn with player selection and tactics last time round as Sari this year. 

Plus he’s a vainglorious knob

53 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

I feel the same, mate.  I could see the reasons to bring back Jose for another run, but that didn't work out.  I liked Conte, but was disappointed he let his dispute with the board negatively affect his managing in the second year.  But we should have known he could be emotional over transfer targets since that was a big reason he up and quit Juve.  Now we went one and done with Sarri, and, as feared, there are few quality (available) candidates left to choose from.  

I'm not even certain the owner and board know what they want to do.  Do they want to continue the short term churning of players and managers, or do they want to go in a different direction?  We don't know because neither communicate.  I know we wouldn't give Sarri a public vote of confidence, but if they had come out and said something like we believe this is an appointment for the long term, that the playing philosophy might take some time to change and build, there might have been a bit more patience.  We're supporters.....I believe most of us would be patient if we knew what the philosophy was and if we knew where we were trying to go.  

26 minutes ago, cuppaT said:

In that time Pool have made 2 CL finals in a row and won one while we doss about in the European Paint Trophy. We’re a million miles from being a proper footballing force again. 

Remind me, when we was the last time the bin dippers won a league title? 

All you doom merchants preaching a dystopian future for the very successful Chelsea football club cause some superstitious hobo with 100 a day habit wants to get back to his comfort zone.... pffft 

We’re bigger than Sarri will ever be. Good riddance to him if he wants out of the greatest football club in the world.

I just hope we’ve started on fumigating his office before the next lucky manager comes in.

24 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

How the f**k does anyone like Jose. 

He was nice when he was our manager, then a c**t before, during and after he came back for a second time. 

He's not a Chelsea man. He's not a good manager. He's poison. 

Won the title during his second spell.

Still a legend and would never sink to the low of calling our greatest ever manager a c**t.

2 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Remind me, when we was the last time the bin dippers won a league title? 

All you doom merchants preaching a dystopian future for the very successful Chelsea football club cause some superstitious hobo with 100 a day habit wants to get back to his comfort zone.... pffft 

We’re bigger than Sarri will ever be. Good riddance to him if he wants out of the greatest football club in the world.

I just hope we’ve started on fumigating his office before the next lucky manager comes in.

Why? What evidence do you have?

We won the European cup for the losers (we beat arsenal and Frankfurt!) and best man united and Southampton on our way to an fa cup last year. It's been two years since Conte won the league where our biggest challengers were Tottenham. 

Why do you think we will continue to be successful in cups? Because we've not looked competitive in the league for 2 years and no one thinks we will for the next 2.

Are we ever linked with the best players in the world? The last world class player we signed was ... ? The only world class player we have now is Kante.  

No one wants to come to Chelsea. We have no structure. No ambition. No plan. We are in my mind, maybe the 9th biggest team in Europe. 

Chelsea and man united are only going one way. 

I admire your unwavering support though. 

• coco locked this topic