RIP Mourinho

SPOILERS - Game of Thrones

Just now, dkw said:

Not as angry as you are because someone dared enjoy an episode of a TV show. 

>Complains about someone getting angry over a TV show

>Gets angry on a forum

Ok

I thought it was a fantastic episode, one of the best things I've seen visually. 

GoT battles have this ability for me to make me feel the despair of the characters, it makes me believe there is no way out, that death is inevitable, only to save the day at the last. Its certainly not an uncommon formula, but i think they pull it off better than any other long running show I've watched. 

I understand some of criticism though, there are lots of fans searching for more depth and meaning behind the whole night king and bran story line. Maybe we will get some more answers in the last 3 episodes, or maybe it will be shrouded in mystery. Personally I'm fine with either. 

I also agree with the criticism's of the tactics used, which made Ramsay Bolton look like a real mastermind. I assume some decisions were made in order to add effect. The dothraki riding into the wights and us watching the flaming swords just disappear, was a fantastic start to the battle. It really set the tone nicely, but tactically it was insane. Why did they rush anyway? Also where were the knights of the vale in all this? 

Anyway, small qualms for what was a masterpiece in my opinion, the soundtrack was absolutely on point throughout aswell. It might not have gone the way everyone wanted, but GoT rarely has pleased all the fans anyway. 

28 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I can only hope there's more to the Bran and Night King storyline, I mean I'm going to watch it until the end, only 3 episodes left. But I don't really care for the same stuff, they all go south, manage to somehow survive a crazy battle with their backs up against the wall for the 50th time, come out unscathed again and take down Cersi. 

The main war that was hyped up from Episode 1 9 years ago just ended in one single episode. I can only hope there is more to it and there's a bigger meaning, but I don't think so, like you said, entertainment value wise it's a massive success and clearly it's putting bums on seats to tune in. 

The only thing, however, that did intrigue me in the trailer was 2 dragons? Not sure if anyone else saw that. 

One of the dragon had holes in it's wings....

16 minutes ago, dkw said:

I fully expect the next few episodes will show mors of what happened, where bran was dicking about for example. The only ridiculous fighting thing was Sam in my opinion, the rest could definitely hold there own in tight spaces against brainless zombies as they have been taught to fight or fighting all there lives. But I think we need to just detach from the not realistic thing sometimes, plot holes rarely bother me if I've enjoyed it. I agree some of it was shoddy but it was probably done with an idea of who does and doesnt survive. 

TBH I wonder if budget had a role to play in some of the awful tactics and how some hero's survived/missing some scenes..... Apparently it took 3 months to shoot that battle, and budget or tensions might have lead to certain things being cut/not done.

It's entertainment. No need to read into it too much, just enjoy the thrill-ride. Same as Avengers Endgame- if you strip it down it has a whole host of problems, plot-holes and conveniences. But why on earth would I do that? I loved it, as I did this episode of GOT. 

They have 3 episodes left. There is plenty of time for some big character deaths. They had to get this Night King stuff out of the way quickly, since it was never going to be the defining point of the series.  

8 minutes ago, big blue said:

I thought it was a fantastic episode, one of the best things I've seen visually. 

GoT battles have this ability for me to make me feel the despair of the characters, it makes me believe there is no way out, that death is inevitable, only to save the day at the last. Its certainly not an uncommon formula, but i think they pull it off better than any other long running show I've watched. 

I understand some of criticism though, there are lots of fans searching for more depth and meaning behind the whole night king and bran story line. Maybe we will get some more answers in the last 3 episodes, or maybe it will be shrouded in mystery. Personally I'm fine with either. 

I also agree with the criticism's of the tactics used, which made Ramsay Bolton look like a real mastermind. I assume some decisions were made in order to add effect. The dothraki riding into the wights and us watching the flaming swords just disappear, was a fantastic start to the battle. It really set the tone nicely, but tactically it was insane. Why did they rush anyway? Also where were the knights of the vale in all this? 

Anyway, small qualms for what was a masterpiece in my opinion, the soundtrack was absolutely on point throughout aswell. It might not have gone the way everyone wanted, but GoT rarely has pleased all the fans anyway. 

talked with the wifey about the Vale knights.... I think they left back to the Vale in order to be a source of troops against Cersei (tactics for the plot, and not the tactics of the characters if that makes sense)

3 minutes ago, Barry Bridges said:

TBH I wonder if budget had a role to play in some of the awful tactics and how some hero's survived/missing some scenes..... Apparently it took 3 months to shoot that battle, and budget or tensions might have lead to certain things being cut/not done.

I think that's a certainly, they have been building to this huge battle so they had to make it spectacular. I mean it was basically a battle movie in length and scale so will have cost a sh*tload. 

14 minutes ago, Barry Bridges said:

talked with the wifey about the Vale knights.... I think they left back to the Vale in order to be a source of troops against Cersei (tactics for the plot, and not the tactics of the characters if that makes sense)

That would be a possibility, I haven't seen them at winterfell since BoB. 

I get the impression that there would have been difficulty in shooting or capturing lots of horses being swarmed by wights aswell, so maybe that was why they did what they did with the dothraki, and why they have saved the knights of the vale for 'the last war'.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, big blue said:

I get the impression that there would have been difficulty in shooting or capturing lots of horses being swarmed by wights aswell, so maybe that was why they did what they did with the dothraki, and why they have saved the knights of the vale for 'the last war'.

Good points, isn't the bloke who sansa has been talking to all the time something to do with the knights of the vale? 

Edited by dkw

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

Good points, isn't the bloke who sansa has been talking to all the time something to do with the knights of the vale? 

Yeah I'm sure he is their commander, that's why I was surprised we didnt see them. Hopefully get some clarity on what how many of the living actually made it. I'm guessing there must be alot more than the 10 or 15 faces we saw at the end, since Dany still seems very keen to take on Cersei and the golden company. 

2 dragons and the night king killer would certainly fill me with confidence though aswell! 

27 minutes ago, big blue said:

16 minutes ago, dkw said:

Yeah that dude is Lord Nestor Royce

2whKgN2u_400x400.jpg

25 minutes ago, robdog said:

Yeah that dude is Lord Nestor Royce

2whKgN2u_400x400.jpg

It might be that sansa is going to use them against that dragon lass...... And Jon. 

I'm so sh*t with there names ha ha... 

1 minute ago, dkw said:

It might be that sansa is going to use them against that dragon lass...... And Jon. 

I'm so sh*t with there names ha ha... 

if that happens, then Dani's dragons will now have horse meat to feast on

23 hours ago, Barry Bridges said:

There is another House that didn't fight in The Battle of Winterfell - The Glover House - Jon might have to go there & put Robett Glover in check

finally managed to stream it !!!! been avoiding this page like the plague !! i thought it was awesome, one of the best episodes, obviously you can start to pick holes in it if you want to, but as has been said i think a lot would of been down to time and budget, i can remember once they left out jon's wolf because they did not have enough CGI budget. It had me sitting on the edge of my seat !! and as for arya's ninja skills, she did have some pretty mad training when she was a disciple. I was quite surprised the outcome of the battle was done and dusted in that one episode but it makes sense as we now have 3 episodes to deal with cersi !! but don't know what is left to fight her with as an awful lot seemed to get wiped out

I understand where he's coming from. I have no issue with Jon surviving the battles, but just don't put him in a position where he's surrounded by about 200 whites and then next time you see him he's fine running around elsewhere. Also, coincidental that he stands up to square up to the dragon and the dragon just doesn't blow him away straight away like everyone else? Just leave Jon sat behind that rock, no one is standing face to face with a dragon and not dying.

13 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Also, coincidental that he stands up to square up to the dragon and the dragon just doesn't blow him away straight away like everyone else?

2 thoughts on this...

1) The dragons don't usually do that without command
2) Maybe he was about to but Arya got to the Night King just in time

8 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

2 thoughts on this...

1) The dragons don't usually do that without command
2) Maybe he was about to but Arya got to the Night King just in time

About a minute before we saw the Dragon performing rock bottoms on every single person it could see without hesitation, but when Jon stands up he just looks at him?

The Arya thing makes sense but we still see the Dragon hesitate for about 10 seconds whilst Jon performs that awkward scream. Just seemed strange to me.

1 minute ago, RIP Mourinho said:

About a minute before we saw the Dragon performing rock bottoms on every single person it could see without hesitation, but when Jon stands up he just looks at him?

The Arya thing makes sense but we still see the Dragon hesitate for about 10 seconds whilst Jon performs that awkward scream. Just seemed strange to me.

Maybe he's just a Zombie dragon whisperer

10 hours ago, chef said:

Haha what a melt over a fantasy TV show. Just enjoy it for what it is.

Embarrassing isnt it...

"STOP LIKING THINGS ABOUT MY TV PROGRAMME THAT I DONT LIKE....."

Pathetic.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Embarrassing isnt it...

"STOP LIKING THINGS ABOUT MY TV PROGRAMME THAT I DONT LIKE....."

Pathetic.

I don't think he's really having a go at anyone, just pointing out some big plot holes/inconsistencies. Much the same as when people disagree over how someone has played on a matchday.