Sign in to follow this  
Hanzen

Nicolas Pépé

7 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Interesting that he's buying another club. 

If he really was interested in buying Chelsea then he must have got a pretty firm "no" from Roman to have bought a club elsewhere. 

Unless he's got plans on buying more than one club.... Is that even allowed? 

Think City and Arsenal owners both own multiple clubs don't they?

£100m is next to nothing to buy OGC Nice, so if he's interested in Chelsea i doubt it would make much difference. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Interesting that he's buying another club. 

If he really was interested in buying Chelsea then he must have got a pretty firm "no" from Roman to have bought a club elsewhere. 

Unless he's got plans on buying more than one club.... Is that even allowed? 

You can own multiple clubs. I believe the issue becomes when the clubs could potentially face one another. I believe there were rumors City's owners were looking at a championship side, or maybe league 1 and they said they could do it, but if the club got promoted all the way to the premier league they would have to sell one of the clubs. Now, I don't know how that would work in cup competitions or across different footballing associations. I imagine there would be some kind of tampering thing that would go on if say Nice and Chelsea were owned by the same people and ended up playing in the group stage or knockout round of a European competition. But I am not familiar with the actual rules that govern against this.

Edited by chiefBlueCFC

3 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Think City and Arsenal owners both own multiple clubs don't they?

£100m is next to nothing to buy OGC Nice, so if he's interested in Chelsea i doubt it would make much difference. 

I think you can have shares in a club to make them sister clubs as such. 

I'd be interested to know if City/Arsenal own other clubs outright. 

I know Chelsea have partnerships with some clubs, official agreements that mostly assist with academy development. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Jim Ratcliffe, who was rumoured to have wanted to buy Chelsea, has had a bid accepted to buy OGC Nice. Reckon this could make it easier or harder for us to land Pepe in future?

Could make it easier should he be close to buying Chelsea and also has a season ticket with us?

Could prove difficult as he's bitter we wouldn't accept his offer to buy the club?

Doesnt Pepe play for Lille, not Nice? Am i missing something really obvious?

Edited by big blue

9 minutes ago, big blue said:

Doesnt Pepe play for Lille, not Nice? Am i missing something really obvious?

4 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Well sh*t, i'm retarded. 

Ahhhh I fell for it too my friend ha!

17 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I think you can have shares in a club to make them sister clubs as such. 

I'd be interested to know if City/Arsenal own other clubs outright. 

I know Chelsea have partnerships with some clubs, official agreements that mostly assist with academy development. 

City's owners also own a club in the US and Australia if I'm not mistaken. Arsenal owners owned the Rams from NFL, highly doubt Kroenke wants to buy any other club that doesn't make money given how in love he is with the Rams

6 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Jim Ratcliffe, who was rumoured to have wanted to buy Chelsea, has had a bid accepted to buy OGC Nice. Reckon this could make it easier or harder for us to land Pepe in future?

Could make it easier should he be close to buying Chelsea and also has a season ticket with us?

Could prove difficult as he's bitter we wouldn't accept his offer to buy the club?

Highly unlikely since Pepe plays at Lille.

L'Equipe is reporting that Inter and Liverpool have submitted 70m euro bids for Pepe.  Really hope he doesn't end up at Liverpool, hoping that the fact he's a Chelsea fan keeps him away from there.

19 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

L'Equipe is reporting that Inter and Liverpool have submitted 70m euro bids for Pepe.  Really hope he doesn't end up at Liverpool, hoping that the fact he's a Chelsea fan keeps him away from there.

be an odd move for him surely, hardly going to replace Salah and Mane. 

8 minutes ago, Adamrb said:

be an odd move for him surely, hardly going to replace Salah and Mane. 

I think he'd get plenty of games, and the money would be much better.  I think Pepe can play as a no9 if needed too, so there's that option as well.  Could be that Mane or Salah will move on in the next couple of years too, never know.  But mostly I agree with you, it wouldn't be the ideal move if he's looking to start every game.

The guy is 24, doubt he's gonna play much if he goes there barring a long injury to any one of the front 3

Get Didier to have a word, Ivorians listen to Drogba!
I believe so. Pepe has already said he wants CTO play for Chelsea. Sorta in the same vein as Hazard with RM.

2 hours ago, robdog said:
5 hours ago, Munkworth said:
Get Didier to have a word, Ivorians listen to Drogba!

I believe so. Pepe has already said he wants CTO play for Chelsea. Sorta in the same vein as Hazard with RM.

I think it was very likely we would have been in for him this summer without the transfer ban.  It almost makes too much sense, we need to freshen up the wingers, he wants to play here, and to boot - the last winger we signed from Lille turned out ok.

8 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I think it was very likely we would have been in for him this summer without the transfer ban.  It almost makes too much sense, we need to freshen up the wingers, he wants to play here, and to boot - the last winger we signed from Lille turned out ok.

Too soon 💔