ForeverCarefree

Fikayo Tomori

1 hour ago, the special one said:

1958382244_luizvtomori.png.4d32ce9ee0753b2ddb8d920d6fb64df5.png

:Chelseaoldbadge:

Was confused at first, due to the colours. They could have made it easier, highlighting Tomori in blue and Luiz in red, knowing that is their team colours. Thanks for the confusion :rolleyes:

On 25/11/2019 at 14:26, jack_super_class said:

Id say Rudiger. I even think Zouma is better on the ball than Tomori. Now and again Zouma goes on a run like he did vs Ajax when he shot over the bar. Something i dont think Tomori could do.

Tomori did it several times in his opening few games. Went on a run into the box against Norwich (?), squared to to Mount who gave it to Tammy to knock in. 

3 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Tomori did it several times in his opening few games. Went on a run into the box against Norwich (?), squared to to Mount who gave it to Tammy to knock in. 

Wolves mate

2 hours ago, Droopy said:

I'm really confused by the constant sh*tting on Luiz. 

Why?

Celebrated like crazy infront of our fans when he scored against us for PSG then moved to Arsenal. 

Credit to him for his time here but we don't need to show him respect now that he's gone. 

4 hours ago, Droopy said:

I'm really confused by the constant sh*tting on Luiz. 

Wouldn't read too much into it, tongue in cheek - fwiw I think the graphic above says more about Arsenal this season than Luiz

Edited by the special one

25 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Agreed Zouma was pretty poor and Christensen was worse.

Worst I've seen Zouma since the start of the season that, he's been solid on that right side next to Tomori for the most part, but jesus christ some of those chances did you see his positioning? On their first clear cut chance he was basically playing left back, left a gigantic gap in the middle of defence that even I could've played a nice throughball in. 

Can't say I'm sold on the Christensen-Zouma partnership. 

On 28/11/2019 at 03:51, Slojo said:

Worst I've seen Zouma since the start of the season that, he's been solid on that right side next to Tomori for the most part, but jesus christ some of those chances did you see his positioning? On their first clear cut chance he was basically playing left back, left a gigantic gap in the middle of defence that even I could've played a nice throughball in. 

Can't say I'm sold on the Christensen-Zouma partnership. 

Agreed, has to be Tomori with one or the other. Which will also likely mean Fik will win out when it comes to who partners Rudiger when he's back up to speed.

6 hours ago, Argo said:

Agreed, has to be Tomori with one or the other. Which will also likely mean Fik will win out when it comes to who partners Rudiger when he's back up to speed.

The CB pairing is not really something you can rotate with either. How many times did we ever see JT + Carvalho rotating? 

It was a risk playing Christensen but I can also see why Lampard done it, I just had a feeling we would be making more defensive errors than usual. 

44 minutes ago, Slojo said:

The CB pairing is not really something you can rotate with either. How many times did we ever see JT + Carvalho rotating? 

It was a risk playing Christensen but I can also see why Lampard done it, I just had a feeling we would be making more defensive errors than usual. 

We did it a lot didn't we? Well not with JT but there was a lot of rotation between Carvalho and Gallas and then (when Gallas got places at left back due to first Bridge's injury then Del Horno being bad) Carvalho and Huth.

I think we can make the rotation work if we have one constant (like JT plus one or for a more modern example VVD plus one at Liverpool) but the shuffle in personel and positioning on Wednesday was asking for trouble. However Frank does seem to learn from his mistakes quite well so hopefully we won't see this repeated again.

13 minutes ago, Argo said:

We did it a lot didn't we? Well not with JT but there was a lot of rotation between Carvalho and Gallas and then (when Gallas got places at left back due to first Bridge's injury then Del Horno being bad) Carvalho and Huth.

I think we can make the rotation work if we have one constant (like JT plus one or for a more modern example VVD plus one at Liverpool) but the shuffle in personel and positioning on Wednesday was asking for trouble. However Frank does seem to learn from his mistakes quite well so hopefully we won't see this repeated again.

Not as much as this season though, I know this one has been an anomaly in the Abramovich era, but we started to find a strength once we found the good CB pairing in Tomori and Zouma. If you look at Arsenal they're an absolute mess, always changing their defensive pairing. I think putting Zouma out on the left had a massive difference. 

I remember JT and Carvalho playing twice a week quite regularly, with Terry always on the left side. There was certainly more oganisation, this season it's been all over the place at the back, definitely more rotation than I've ever seen at Chelsea.