Jump to content

Fikayo Tomori


ForeverCarefree
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Milan already making noises that the buy option fee is too high for them. 

Milan posted loses of £170m last year, it's unlikely they can afford transfer fees above £20m right now. 

This summer all their purchases were for under £5m and it's likely their going to be needing to find a centre forward come the end of the season with Ibrahimovic's contract expiring (and he turns 40 this year too). 

Cheeky bastards, I don't see why we would sell him at all, let alone for that paltry amount.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

39 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

It's their option. It was considered high at the time, so we'll see if they decide to exercise the option or try and negotiate the price down. I have a feeling I know what Marina is going to say when they ask for a discount.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

It's their option. It was considered high at the time, so we'll see if they decide to exercise the option or try and negotiate the price down. I have a feeling I know what Marina is going to say when they ask for a discount.

Think it depends on if TT wants to use him or not, and what happens with Silva and Zouma. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Think it depends on if TT wants to use him or not, and what happens with Silva and Zouma. 

So what i’m unsure about is, if the player turns in a blinder of a loan spell and we decided to keep him, can we? Or does the other club have the final decision?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

So what i’m unsure about is, if the player turns in a blinder of a loan spell and we decided to keep him, can we? Or does the other club have the final decision?

Milan has full control of signing the player when it's an option to sign; all he has to do is consent to it! Tuchel and co. would have to convince Tomori otherwise if he's happy there and wants to stay, which presumably he would be if he's playing regularly and doing well. 

Edited by MANoWAR
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Is the Italian league as competitive as the EPL? Not really, Zlatan still looks world class and leaves defenders for dead with pace. Would like to keep him around and a defender with pace is always useful but I reckon there'll be a cull this year with some youth teamers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

It's their option. It was considered high at the time, so we'll see if they decide to exercise the option or try and negotiate the price down. I have a feeling I know what Marina is going to say when they ask for a discount.

I think Milan are in a lot of financial trouble and the reported £26mil is way too much for them. Hopefully he can come back and get a proper chance. Dave and Thiago are getting a bit long in the tooth...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Think it depends on if TT wants to use him or not, and what happens with Silva and Zouma. 

Should we be resigning a soon to be 37 year old Thiago at the expense of a younger Zouma, Christensen, Tomori or even a Guehi? At the end of 2020 it was a no brainer keeping him for an extra season, but if Tuchel can make our defenders work in a 4-4-2 It would be a barmy decision.
 

I know he brings a certain level of experience, calmness and leadership to the whole team,  but you look at the City defence who have conceded the least amount of goals and you just wonder. Laporte, Ake & Stones who are all 26 aren’t what you called experienced, Laporte can stay fit, Ake is from a relegated team and Stones looked on his way out this season, but it somehow works this season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I think Milan are in a lot of financial trouble and the reported £26mil is way too much for them. Hopefully he can come back and get a proper chance. Dave and Thiago are getting a bit long in the tooth...

This

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Posted (edited)

I think £26m is a decent price for him. 

I suppose the main question is, if we didn't sell him, where does he fit in at Chelsea. 

All of the centre backs have performed well to date under Tuchel so I wouldn't think we're overly desperate to move any of them on right now. 

If anything we're probably going to look to bring in a top quality centre back, I've seen David Alaba's name linked and so if that's the profile of player we're looking at you've got to wonder if there's any room for Tomori right now? 

Could be another loan on the horizon for him (I'm not convinced Milan will cough up the fee) but he's getting to an age where he probably wants more security of where he's playing and wants regular football. 

Edited by ForeverCarefree
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I think £26 is a decent price for him. 

I suppose the main question is, if we didn't sell him, where does he fit in at Chelsea. 

All of the centre backs have performed well to date under Tuchel so I wouldn't think we're overly desperate to move any of them on right now. 

If anything we're probably going to look to bring in a top quality centre back, I've seen David Alaba's name linked and so if that's the profile of player we're looking at you've got to wonder if there's any room for Tomori right now? 

Could be another loan on the horizon for him (I'm not convinced Milan will cough up the fee) but he's getting to an age where he probably wants more security of where he's playing and wants regular football. 

£26? Wouldn’t touch Alaba unless we intend to move on both Emerson and Alonso, so he can play both as CB & LB. 

A name that hasn’t been mentioned is Joachim Andersen at Fulham on loan from Lyon. Quality ball playing CB, and for me one of the standout defenders in the league. Doubt Lyon would want over £30m for him, and could be our own Van Dijk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I think £26m is a decent price for him. 

I suppose the main question is, if we didn't sell him, where does he fit in at Chelsea. 

All of the centre backs have performed well to date under Tuchel so I wouldn't think we're overly desperate to move any of them on right now. 

If anything we're probably going to look to bring in a top quality centre back, I've seen David Alaba's name linked and so if that's the profile of player we're looking at you've got to wonder if there's any room for Tomori right now? 

Could be another loan on the horizon for him (I'm not convinced Milan will cough up the fee) but he's getting to an age where he probably wants more security of where he's playing and wants regular football. 

Azpi has been pretty shaky on the right side of the CB's, I can see Tomori slotting in nicely on that side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonder if we'll figure out what really happened between him and Lampard. Went from looking good, albeit a bit inconsistent until December or so in 19/20 but from there on out he was seemingly without a chance to play.

Milan will get a good deal for 26 million. Also think Tomori could establish himself as one of the better defenders in Serie A if he does end up there permanent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

Azpi has been pretty shaky on the right side of the CB's, I can see Tomori slotting in nicely on that side.

I can understand why Tuchel is playing it safe at the minute but if 3atb is a long term thing from pre season onwards i really want James to be playing that position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, ducavis said:

£26? Wouldn’t touch Alaba unless we intend to move on both Emerson and Alonso, so he can play both as CB & LB.

26 quid is a good deal sort of offer that would tempt me out of retirement for my old Sunday league team I am 55 next month though !😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Argo said:

I can understand why Tuchel is playing it safe at the minute but if 3atb is a long term thing from pre season onwards i really want James to be playing that position.

Why not both Reece and Tomori for the role?

I think Reece is versatile enough to play as a RCB, RWB and RB in the team and I believe long term the top tier teams are playing with incredibly high defensive lines and playing Tomori with his exceptional pace in a back 3 with Rudiger/Zouma on the alternative side with Christensen in the middle is a solid back line. I feel we can better utilise Reece's strengths as a RWB as his delivery from the wing is incredible whereas as a RCB he will most likely occupy more central and deeper areas, I would prefer him as a backup RCB with his primary position being RWB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I think he will do a good job in the outside centreback positions. He is technically sound. Has pace for days and is deceptively strong. hopefully Milan dont make the champions league and hence cant afford him or we could be looking at another KDB or Salah situation. I remember we had the same deal for Salah to Fiorentina, he balled out and Fiorentina paid the sell on clause. Fiorentina then sold Salah to Roma who sold him to the Scousers and the rest is history. 

I will never understand why Frank froze him out like that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Reports say AC Milan really want to buy him.

He really wanted to be a Chelsea player as well and rejected a loan deal in the summer but Lamps froze him out anyway.

Hopefully he will come back for another go under a new coach, after all Chelsea is still his best option and Silva won't last forever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/05/2021 at 13:29, jack_super_class said:

Not sure if he is good enough on the ball for Tuchel. He doesnt have to leave though, If Tuchel contacted him and told him he wanted him to stay and was apart of his plans for next season Tomori could reject Milan and stay with us.

His ball playing abilities is fine. He is not as good on the ball as Christensen but he is better than Zouma on the ball and would do quite well here in a 3 man defence and is extremely fast too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I can easily see Tomori getting a chance under Tuchel, he's done wonders for Rudiger. We also have Sarr coming back from Porto, so ideally our defence is sorted without having to buy more players.

 

Edited by Malcolm9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!