44 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think he owes Kepa one after a couple of incredible saves, cant imagine how much the errors would've hindered his development mentally and limit his footballing potential. A few posters drew parallels with the error Christensen made against Barca and how it has impacted his performances and confidence, I think he has regained the lost confidence however from a footballing perspective he plays it a lot safer than before.

p.s. I still maintain that Courtois should've saved that dived to the left far too early.

I said in the match thread I think the comparisons pretty misleading mainly due to who was incharge.

Conte very may well have resented Christensen for that mistake while Lampard wouldn't have held it against Tomori.

50 minutes ago, Argo said:

I said in the match thread I think the comparisons pretty misleading mainly due to who was incharge.

Conte very may well have resented Christensen for that mistake while Lampard wouldn't have held it against Tomori.

In my opinion I wouldn't put it on the Manager but on the individual themselves, Conte and Lampard are both former players and understand that errors are part and parcel of the game. I just think that how you deal with mistakes personally is down to how strong you are mentally, Christensen made the mistake and went off the boil for a while leading to further errors.

Tomori was fortunate enough that the error didnt cost us therefore its not comparable to the Christensen scenario but it is imperative that he learns from this moving forward, there are times when we should be playing out from the back and other times when it is just best to clear your lines. He is young and I am sure he will make mistakes along the way but its essential he keeps improving and not let it impact his offensive game as at the moment with Tomori the sky is the limit.

Congratulations on making the England squad.

I can see why he can play for Canada and Nigeria also I believe so England have to make their move now

28 minutes ago, Brutos said:

I can see why he can play for Canada and Nigeria also I believe so England have to make their move now

Southgate made it clear that both Tomori and Abraham are being picked on merit. Both players will have to decide pretty quickly now if they would rather hold off and play for a different country. If they make an appearance for England next week they will be locked in. Tammy has made it pretty clear that his preference is to play for England. I haven't seen much in the way of comments from Tomori on the subject but he has represented England at youth levels so I assume would be happy to continue for England.

After today's performance I hope he doesn't play for England this week. Too much too quickly and  right at the very  time when he's looking wobbly, so it would not be in his best interests to play right now.

7 hours ago, axman2526 said:

If you want to play out from the back you will make mistakes. Better he makes them at 1-3 up with a half to go than in the dying minutes of a vital CL game.

Those kind of errors have a negative effect on player no matter what the score is. Imo, those two errors late in the game against Lille, affected his performance yesterday. I thought he looked edgy all thru the game. The break has come at a good time for him, allowing time to hopefully clear his head. 

As for plying out from the back. Yesterday,  i thought it was back to the worst of Sarri, with far too much sideways passing between Timori and Zouma. Need to get the ball quicker to the midfield players.

All players top draw pros or youngsters make mistakes. Big deal- eg, He scored at the Bridge last season an OG w Derby, carried on with a good performance. Derby’s player of the season and made it to the playoffs , U 21 tourney in summer made the 1st team and scored his 1st senior CFC goal. Mistakes don’t seem to have hindered him. I’d say top players get over it really fast, learn a lesson and move on with positivity & confidence. Very well spoken young man in the 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Presser. Hope he gets a cap at some point and makes Chelsea & 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 proud. 

WELL DONE FT !!!

19 hours ago, evissy said:

Just listen to it. Brilliant young man. Future captain perhaps.

What a nice bloke

On 07/10/2019 at 03:46, axman2526 said:

If you want to play out from the back you will make mistakes. Better he makes them at 1-3 up with a half to go than in the dying minutes of a vital CL game.

It's not actually been his passing that is the problem, it's his assessment of danger. 

On the 4 occasions that he gave the ball away he was trying to take the ball past the player and keep a hold of it for too long. Not even David Luiz was doing stupid stuff like that, perhaps in the Championship he could get away with that, but in the Premier League it's different, he's at the top level now so he needs to learn and mature his game. I'm hoping he shines in the England shirt and that gives him the confidence he needs to adapt and not be wreckless with the ball. 

Luckily for him so far neither of his mistakes have resulted in any goals. 

4 minutes ago, the special one said:

Poor today, another mistake and lost most maybe all of his aerial battles. Burnley away next weekend.

I thought that aswell, I thought Zouma was the much better player out of the two, he also got him out of trouble again with that horrendous pass. 

I love the prospect of Tomori but I hate these mistakes he's making, we're so lucky a goal hasn't came from it yet. I've given Zouma a lot of stick but I thought he was solid today. 

21 minutes ago, the special one said:

Poor today, another mistake and lost most maybe all of his aerial battles. Burnley away next weekend.

There were several slippy passes he got away with today. Also poor in the air, including near the end when he should have let the ball drop and booted it clear but instead he lamely headed the ball a few yards in front. 

So far he's got away with errors but sooner or later he'll cost us goals if he keeps playing like this . It's tricky to know what to do. Keep playing him and hope he comes thru this, or drop him for a while? If he makes a costly error and then dropped it might affect more than dropping him now.

Edited by Dixons

He seems to be struggling with concentration. He has played well in the last few games but I think his performances have overshadowed the errors he has been making. Needs to clean up his game before a mistake leads to something worse.

50 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

He seems to be struggling with concentration. He has played well in the last few games but I think his performances have overshadowed the errors he has been making. Needs to clean up his game before a mistake leads to something worse.

I think this could also be an issue, it's difficult transitioning from the Championship to the Premier League, especially when you go to play for a top club like Chelsea with a high expectation. He seems to want to take too many touches and play it out from the back. 

That back pass he made though is something we've seen a few times already, it looks full of anxiety. The first pass he made when he lobbed the ball in the middle which lead to that Joe Linton header in the first half was again trying to play it out from the back too much. Not even David Luiz was taking risks like that, something he needs to learn from. His defensive side of the game though looks superb, same with Christsensen, I think they're both solid defenders. 

1:10 here and that's part of the issue with Tomori, he shouldn't be playing a ball like that there, luckily Newcastle were a side with 5 at the back and 4 midfielders and only Joe Linton was in the box to give us any trouble, but inviting pressure like that is what gives other teams momentum. 

We've seen this happen in the last 3 games now. 

Just now, Munkworth said:

Jesus he’s only 21, in his 3rd (maybe 2.5 depending how you look at it) professional season and first season in the top flight. 

He’s going to make mistake. If he’s making basic errors in a years time then we worry. 

HahH! Your petty excuses don't fool anyone...Our forefathers at 21 were capable of running away from big beasts and were ruling the world while having 8 kids and only one spear and possibly a semi-working bow, all that without paying child support! Tomori has no future we must push him off a cliff now before its too late!!

47 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

HahH! Your petty excuses don't fool anyone...Our forefathers at 21 were capable of running away from big beasts and were ruling the world while having 8 kids and only one spear and possibly a semi-working bow, all that without paying child support! Tomori has no future we must push him off a cliff now before its too late!!

Whatever you’ve been smoking, send some my way geezer. 

45 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Whatever you’ve been smoking, send some my way geezer. 

I don't even smoke jokes on you!

3 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Jesus he’s only 21, in his 3rd (maybe 2.5 depending how you look at it) professional season and first season in the top flight. 

He’s going to make mistake. If he’s making basic errors in a years time then we worry. 

I'm pointing out mistakes he keeps making and something he needs to cut out of his game. I've already said he has high potential and he's a solid defender... 

When Christensen made that mistake against Barcelona, he kept making one every game after, and it was a big setback on his potential here. Have I written him off? No, I've quite clearly said he's a solid defender but I'm concerned in the mistakes he's having in his game... 

If you want I can just say positive things from now on, would that be more suitable for you?