Sign in to follow this  
Scottyblue

New Guy

Hello lads, just signed up to take a more active interest in Chelsea, season ticket holder at Rangers and had a soft spot for Chelsea since I was a wee boy, at 43 I can remember my generation mostly feeling that Chelsea were their English team, anyway I had the pleasure of being in the Chelsea end at Anfield last Sunday ( my first time seeing Chelsea) with my m8 and I thoroughly enjoyed my day apart from the result of course, I will definitely be back down for a few games when I can and tickets allow, was welcomed fantastically and look forward to my next trip.

13 hours ago, Scottyblue said:

Hello lads, just signed up to take a more active interest in Chelsea, season ticket holder at Rangers and had a soft spot for Chelsea since I was a wee boy, at 43 I can remember my generation mostly feeling that Chelsea were their English team, anyway I had the pleasure of being in the Chelsea end at Anfield last Sunday ( my first time seeing Chelsea) with my m8 and I thoroughly enjoyed my day apart from the result of course, I will definitely be back down for a few games when I can and tickets allow, was welcomed fantastically and look forward to my next trip.

Welcome. There are a few people, including me, who follow Rangers. Two of my cousins are ST holders at Ibrox and I've been there a few times over the years including the two recent friendlies between Rangers and Chelsea. The atmosphere at those two games was brilliant. I was at Anfield in November, 1985 when Chelsea drew 1-1 with Liverpool. At the game were a few hundred 'Gers fans. It was a few months after Chelsea played Rangers at Stamford Bridge to raise money for victims of the Bradford FC fire disaster.

23 hours ago, Scottyblue said:

Welcome to the best football forum in the country

1 hour ago, carrickblue said:

Welcome to the best football forum in the country

Cheers m8, I'll bed myself in slowly and attempt not too make an arse of myself, won't try to patronize anyone by claiming to be the most knowledgeable by any means when it comes to Chelsea, I support Rangers with a passion and I'm sure most posters on here can understand that while we play in a crap league you don't choose who you were born supporting, you simply do,looks like I'll be down for a few games next season so I'm looking to educate myself with all things Chelsea, as I said in my opening post I've always had a soft spot for Chelsea and my experience at Anfield last week has only enhanced this despite the result, in Scotland we are blamed and hated as a support for everything, something I think both our supports might have in common ?

55 minutes ago, Scottyblue said:

Cheers m8, I'll bed myself in slowly and attempt not too make an arse of myself, won't try to patronize anyone by claiming to be the most knowledgeable by any means when it comes to Chelsea, I support Rangers with a passion and I'm sure most posters on here can understand that while we play in a crap league you don't choose who you were born supporting, you simply do,looks like I'll be down for a few games next season so I'm looking to educate myself with all things Chelsea, as I said in my opening post I've always had a soft spot for Chelsea and my experience at Anfield last week has only enhanced this despite the result, in Scotland we are blamed and hated as a support for everything, something I think both our supports might have in common ?

no problem - we have a Rangers matchday thread within the "other teams" section. It's mostly me and Boyne and a couple of other Bears consoling each other as things go from bad to worse!

But it'll be different next season when we bring home 55