coco

Chelsea vs Burnley (PL) Mon 22nd Apr 20:00 GMT

Sarri really needs to learn from the season that defending is vital in this league. Two set pieces and we can’t defend.

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

We don’t deserve champions league football.

You could make a very strong argument that the only teams that do deserve it are City and Liverpool.

We are dire.

Spurs have already lost ELEVEN league games

United are even more dire than us.

And Arsenal are rivaling United for having the worst defence in the top six.

I do think we will need to win our last three games now ...

2 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

I don't see how a manager who wants to win plays Jorginho and Kovacic against a team barely moving away from their box. The only way you can break them is getting wide and crosses, makes sense to play 2 strikers.

We do not have anybody who can cross

1 minute ago, Chelsbear said:

It’s the players

its the board

its the fans

its never Sarri 

He just needs a pre-season.

Just you wait, he once finished second in title race don’t you know? 

You just don’t understand the nuances of pure Sarri-ball... see how effortlessly we play out from the back? We’re so good at it we prefer doing to actually attacking the opposition.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, zes said:

Dont worry lads Arsenal will lose vs Wolves. 

We will be 1 point ahead of time by next match week. 

Doesn't matter how many times our rivals mess up when we are even more likely to do the same ourselves.

Edited by Scott Harris

3 minutes ago, gazza said:

Sarri has to go this is pitiful 

Should have been gone at the International break....how hard is it too motivate the team and get the tactics right against Burnley at home in order to solidify a CL spot; although the players should not need motivating, but ffs everyone on this forum knows what Burnley are about and Sarri is dumb enough to play right into their game plan...useless tit of a manager; Just can't wait to see the back of him and golden boy and one or two others, gutless performance....oh for the days of Harris, Terry, Wise, Frank and Didier to name a few, they would never have allowed this to happen.

1 minute ago, Sexyfootball said:

You could make a very strong argument that the only teams that do deserve it are City and Liverpool.

We are dire.

The way we defend Man U will take us apart - sad but true.

We constantly went down the wings and done sod all in the second half. I would have stuck Giroud up top with Higuain to give their defenders more trouble, instead we just became predictable tapping it around the 18 yard box.

frustrating. I blame our terrible defending. Conceded way too many sloppy goals like that this season, and it’s one of our biggest problems. Second half performance wasn't so terrible, and Burnley did a pretty good job parking the bus. It’s just that we’d already conceded goals those stupid goals. Not sure why everyone is laying into Kovacic and Jorginho. What did they do wrong?

2 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

We are dire.

After the top 2 the next 4 clubs is the race of who can play rubbish the least ?

Posted (edited)

I think Higuain should have stayed on. He looked the most lively out of everyone. 

Edited by zes

4 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

We are dire.

Oh 100% those last two CL spots are for the best of the worst of the big clubs now. None of us have been of a required standard but we are particularly bad. That’s 6 goals shipped against Burnley in two games, that is horrendous.

1 minute ago, CFCCAN said:

Should have been gone at the International break....how hard is it too motivate the team and get the tactics right against Burnley at home in order to solidify a CL spot; although the players should not need motivating, but ffs everyone on this forum knows what Burnley are about and Sarri is dumb enough to play right into their game plan...useless tit of a manager; Just can't wait to see the back of him and golden boy and one or two others, gutless performance....oh for the days of Harris, Terry, Wise, Frank and Didier to name a few, they would never have allowed this to happen.

The club should have sacked the imposter / novelist-writer right after ManC drubbing.

I am pretty sure we would have been comfortably in 3rd under a different manager.

It's everyone to blame here.

Everyone has part of this failure here, Sarri wanted these players and 3 of them simply flops. Jorginho, Kovacic and Higuain are not top players to lead that team.

Sarri ball isn't effective. But also I can't blame Sarri for playing players like Pedro, he doesn't really have other options.

I just really hope we will win the Europe League and finish that season.

Two great goals but terrible defending for Burnley's two. It's been happening all season.

Loved RLCs brush off for the first. Hazard magic and a bullet by Higuain.

Don't feel the need to blame anyone. Abysmal gamesmanship from Burnley. Would have left Higuain on and dropped a midfielder for the lat 20 minutes but that mightn't have done it either.

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

frustrating. I blame our terrible defending. Conceded way too many sloppy goals like that this season, and it’s one of our biggest problems. Second half performance wasn't so terrible, and Burnley did a pretty good job parking the bus. It’s just that we’d already conceded goals those stupid goals. Not sure why everyone is laying into Kovacic and Jorginho. What did they do wrong?

They did nothing different than any other match in that they add nothing. Two very limited players who I’d be glad to see the back off.

f**k our sh*te defence has cost us again so sloppy. We had 4 league games left and this was our easiest match we had. Now we have to go to old Trafford and Leicester. I just can't see us getting in the top 4 now. Europa league is probably our best option. 

Also hope my boy isn't injured, we need him badly over the next month. 

Kepa - 7/10 - Couldn't do much about the goals, nothing else to do.
Emerson - 6/10 - Good runs forwards, but basically none of his crosses found a teammate.
Christensen - 4/10 - Poor again. Never wins any headers and isn't comfortable on the ball.
Luiz - 5/10 - Eh.
Azpilicueta - 6/10 - Same as Emerson really.
Jorginho - 5/10 - I don't see the point of him when we are dominating possession. What does he offer?
Kante - 7/10 - Hope he's not out for long
Loftus-Cheek - 5/10 - Faded so much in the 2nd half. None of his trademark bursts through the midfield. Just jogged around, offering little to no movement.
Hazard - 7/10 - It was basically him vs Burnley, with the rest of the team just passing the buck to him whenever they got the ball.
Higuain - 6/10 - Took his goal well.
Hudson-Odoi - 5/10 - Poor before he went off.

Subs: 

Pedro - 5/10 - Didn't really do anything
Kovacic - 5/10 - He is not Kante. His introduction was just another reason whyw e stopped attacking with pace. kante will run forwards with the ball, Kovacic will move sideways and look to pass immediatley.
Giroud - 5/10 - Don't think he touched the ball.

1 minute ago, Dean said:

I blame our terrible defending too, terrible defending that is straight out of the coaches notebook. He's the one making us play this sh*t zonal marking. 

I don't know how you can say that our second half wasn't terrible. It was the same sh*t we have seen so many times this season. We didn't test Heaton once!! Burnley defended well because we did absolutely nothing to test them. The passing was slow, the movement was non existent, the crossing was abysmal, not once did we throw players into the box, it was constantly Higuain or Giroud on their own against 6 defenders. It was a pathetic 2nd half performance, we should have been busting a gut to force something to happen, but we didn't. I can't think of one time this season where we have looked like scoring against these teams that sit back and soak up the pressure. It's easy for them

And Kovacic and Jorginho were awful. Pretty much everything they did was pass it sideways and any time they did try and play forward, they cocked it up. Two players that look more like Arsenal players than Chelsea players of the last 15 years.

1 minute ago, dansubrosa said:

Are you talking about the team who got smashed by Everton, 4 - 0?

Don't forget the team who got smashed 4-0 by Bournemouth and 6-0 by City.