Luiz 

emerson 

Jorginho 

kante 

RLC 

Hazard 

Giroud 

Alonso

Even though they are as pants as CFC currently form wise I see them having a slight advantage in the attacking phase - despite their poor defence & midfield, Rashford & Co can still break at pace and that alone will likley confound SSB & company at the back and lbh we don't have safe hands in goal anymore as a last line of defence, add in the potential for Kante & Rudy to be out injured and Alonso to return from injury and its really not looking that optimistic.

Silver lining we wont finish 7th !!!

10 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Arsenal losing by 2 we absolutely pissed away a gift against Burnley 

They are losing by 3 goals now in just 45 mins of play. Unfortunately, our Lilly livered players may bungle this opportunity again against MU.  

Edited by rooomage

Most important game of the season for us we need 3 points from this game!!!!

Boys need to go in there with a knockout phase mindset.

8 minutes ago, quik said:

Most important game of the season for us we need 3 points from this game!!!!

Boys need to go in there with a knockout phase mindset.

Not gonna make much difference to this manager or these players we've needed to win a lot of games this season but instead have bottled it, I'm taking some kind of comfort in that we dont seem to be the only club having serious troubles this season.

Not expecting a win at all this weekend, cannot call who will make top 4

1 hour ago, rooomage said:

They are losing by 3 goals now in just 45 mins of play. Unfortunately, our Lilly livered players may bungle this opportunity again against MU.  

They did against Burnley. So far how have we done away to the other top 6 members?

City 6-0

Liverpool 2-0

Spurs 3-1

Arsenal 2-0

0 points, 1 goal scored 13 let in...oh dear...

Edited by axman2526

3 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

They did against Burnley. So far how have we done away to the other top 6 members?

City 6-0

Liverpool 2-0

Spurs 3-1

Arsenal 2-0

0 points, 1 goal scored 13 let in...oh dear...

Shocking

De Gea is having a mare. Just get shots on target we might be able to fluke this one. Not gona lie I'm scared though. They were decent vs City tonight.

Edited by zes

2 hours ago, zes said:

De Gea is having a mare. Just get shots on target we might be able to fluke this one. Not gona lie I'm scared though. They were decent vs City tonight.

Our stats on Sunday:

Passes: 681

Shots: 2

On target: 0

We are playing so frustrating football it's physically painful to watch.

Can't be bothered to predict this one, anything could happen. Let's hope De Gea doesn't roll back the time and having one of his usual 9/10 game, we have enough troubles putting shots on goal, last thing we want is a GK having a good game. At least there's no Fellani in the United team, imagine facing him in set pieces.

15 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

It's not that small of a sample, it accounts for more than a quarter of the games we have played this season. 

In matches against the top 6 we're twice as likely to drop points as we are to win, I think this is all relevant going into this game. 

Current form in the league, let's take the last 10 matches. 

Won: 5, Drawn: 2, Lost: 3. 

So much like the mini-league table we're just as likely to drop points as we are to win. 

Slight difference between picking different players to setting the team up differently in order to effect the result don't you think? I applaud Sarri was picking those two players, it was long overdue but credit it where it's due it's nice to see a couple of players getting decent minutes in the team. 

When's he done that? To my knowledge the only times we've come from a losing position to win this season has been against 18th placed Cardiff in both our matches against them. 

We've got almost a full season to judge him on at this point, he's overseen over 50 matches for us now. That's plenty of games to form an opinion on him and his strengths and weaknesses as coach. 

Also worth pointing out that even though our record against the other teams in top 6 is only W 3, D 2, L 4 because of our home form against these teams. Away from home we are W 0, D 0, L 4. Not only that but we have scored just 1 goal in those 4 matches and conceded 13. I am trying to stay optimistic but only because United have been awful recently. Still reckon we will probably lose. Arsenal's defeat today means United still have everything to play for and they will find us a lot easier opposition than City.

just curious what is the record vs the Top 10? I sure it not that great. when I see the Top 10 only win away to Watford right? Yet to play Leicester City.

We so screwed up v Burnley and we are so terrible in the games that count that I am pessimistic. Also ManU run hot and cold and may get hot against us. It’s their only chance of top 4. 

We will be fresher but not sure injuries. What’s the story on Kante and rudigier?

i really really want us to play Kante at the back and then I guess RLC and Barkley in front. Their midfield is generally not that aggressive in the press. 

This season is ridiculous, we lose to United we still got a chance of top 4 thanks to Arsenal.

Having had more rest, we really should be looking to win this. I would love it if we make it 8 defeats in 10 games for United!

2 - 0 to United.

Edited by dansubrosa

Solskjaer went with the Conte 3-5-2 vs City and City did not have a shot on target until the 18th minute.

Utd like with Everton had early chances they did not take and De Gea once again gifted another goal.

Utd initially targeted Kompany with some success.

So both us and Utd are misfiring and they need the points more desperately. 

I think both us and them are not playing well and they have home advantage, still think we will get at least a point though likely to be a feisty and tactical affair.

Edited by Strider6003

This game is do or die.

If we win, I think it will be enough for 4th as I don't think Arsenal will win all of their remaining games.

Utd, of course, will be going into this with the same mindset, and they will want to bounce back, especially being at home.

A scrappy 0-1 would suit me, but I'm not holding out much hope. Everyone knows that our defence is weak, especially from aerial balls. They'll be lobbing into our box at every opportunity. They also have the physical advantage.

We have to start on the front foot and Sarri should pick Giroud coupled with Pedro and Hazard. We need to hold the ball up in their half and play off Giroud wherever possible.

Expect 4-5-1 with Hazard up front....

23 hours ago, Nibs said:

I take all that on board but some seem to be happy to keep on backing him despite pretty damning evidence that he isn't doing that good a job.

I honestly don't know what to expect from one game to the next. There have been occasions where I have been presently surprised at the side Sarri selected and how well the team performed. But they have been outweighed by a lot of poor, mind-numbingly boring performances where we have either lost or drawn and barely had a shot on goal. So I can well understand folk going into the United game with pessimism - let's just hope we are all a lot happier come Sunday and for that to happen Sarri needs to get it right. 

This cult following that Sarri has is very bizarre. He is the worst Chelsea manager that I can remember, constantly fails to change things when it is clearly not working and will make all of the same mistakes again on Sunday.

23 minutes ago, Elliott said:

This game is do or die.

If we win, I think it will be enough for 4th as I don't think Arsenal will win all of their remaining games.

Utd, of course, will be going into this with the same mindset, and they will want to bounce back, especially being at home.

A scrappy 0-1 would suit me, but I'm not holding out much hope. Everyone knows that our defence is weak, especially from aerial balls. They'll be lobbing into our box at every opportunity. They also have the physical advantage.

We have to start on the front foot and Sarri should pick Giroud coupled with Pedro and Hazard. We need to hold the ball up in their half and play off Giroud wherever possible.

Expect 4-5-1 with Hazard up front....

It's a toss-up as to who is poorer. They have looked shocking at times but let's not kid ourselves, so have we. Their defence is sh*t but ours isn't all that. We have Hazard & Kante bit they have Rashford, Martial and Linguard - all have pace to burn and will cause us trouble. They know that if they keep Hazard marked (kicked) out of the game, it's pretty much job done. They knocked us out the cup and were within seconds of beating us in the league.

We can win this game but I'm not confident we will.

COME ON THE CHELS - time to make us proud again!

If Hazard is playing false 9, we may as well forfeit the game. At least Higuain got a goal, no point dropping him now. I don't think we will get anything out of this game if we concede first, just don't see that fighting mentality within the team. The other thing is what mindset Sarri has, whether he's contend with a point and relying on other results going our way, or he's willing to take some risk to win it. Either way, it's going to be one of those games not for the feint hearted.

Kepa

Azpilcueta   Rudiger  Luiz  Emerson

Jorginho(i suppose)

Kante               Barkley

RLC

Pedro                                        Hazard

15 minutes ago, coco said:

Kepa

Azpilcueta   Rudiger  Luiz  Emerson

Jorginho(i suppose)

Kante               Barkley

RLC

Pedro                                        Hazard

No Striker?

f**k me, I hope not. I would have Giroud in for either Jorginho or Barkley.