Jump to content

coco

Man Utd vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 28th Apr 16:30 GMT


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Nibs said:

I'm glad we got the point today, especially with Arsenal crashing again, but let's not kid ourselves we were poor again today. Not sure what the stats will tell us re shots on goal but we look so toothless and unlikely to score - we can than De Gea for f**king up again.

Higuian - what did he give us today? How the f**k did he remain on the pitch for the whole game? Painful to watch. Sarri supporters still maintain we are playing better football. Bar the frantic last few end to end minutes, that was yet another forgettable game and extremely boring. But hey, we're 4th so lets all pat ourselves on the back and pretend everything is great.

to be fair mate I don't think so called "Sarri supporters" maintain that we are playing better football or such, I don't regularly open this forum but I don't think anyone is that blind. they just choose to back the person at the helm. some fans choose to wish for a change and some other accepts what they have, but neither is wrong because unless your name is Abramovich or Granovskaia, there's absolutely nothing we can do.

2 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

I think Giroud has pissed Sarri off from what he said in the press about wanting more playing time. The irony being it might have the opposite effect

can't really comment on that to be honest. but between Higuain's (okay-ish) performance against Burnley and Europe in the midweek, I personally can't blame Sarri for starting him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can't blame Sarri for starting Hazard as a false 9, then blame him for starting Higuain, what more can he do? Giroud has been just as garbage in the league, let's be fair here. 

Also, Rudiger was injured, he had to come off, bringing RLC on was a good choice, should've happened earlier though, Willian was limping and was playing piss poorly, he needed to come off. So how could he have subbed Higuain? Would you really prefer him to put on Giroud rather than RLC? I know I wouldn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Juts think we missed a trick today. Forget we had to make subs due to knocks. Before those knocks happened we should have been making changes. United got on top early in the second half for about 10 minutes and we were crying out to change things. Not sure what Sarri was seeing that made him think all was okay and to stick. Thankfully we got lucky.

Had to laugh on the 55 minute mark when Hazard took a shot and Martin Tyler said Higuain not happy with Hazard there. Well Higuain buddy, we ain't happy with you either you useless f**ker!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Decent result, but considering how awful they are, we should have won.  Had it not been for De Gea's mistake, we might have even lost!. Top 4 is still a toss-up. I have no hope for the games against Watford and Leicester. Can see draws at best.  I hope Bournemouth can beat Spurs for us and Arsenal drop more points, because we're hopeless!

Christ here we go ever heard of a bit of optimism?Think we'll get a win and a draw in our last two and it will be enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A point was a fair result for us.

I posted yesterday i think we will get 5 points max out of our last 3 games.

I don't see anything from today that would change that. I just hope the gooners carry on with their current form so we can nick 4th place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Cheer up mate, get real. I know having a sh*t season top 4 and semi final but this gloom is getting too much 

Others on here are unhappy with our recent form and results but you dig my comment out?

What do you see as gloom? That imo United are a poorer team than the FA cup finalist Watford or Leicester? That is just an opinion. That I dont think we will beat either when a vastly poorer Burnley came to the bridge and held us and our away form is embarrassing?

That Arsenals poor form is why we remain in the top 4? Well yeah had they won even 1 of those 3 defeats we would be left hoping they lose another game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ray_Cfc said:

Christ here we go ever heard of a bit of optimism?Think we'll get a win and a draw in our last two and it will be enough.

Be optimistic if you want, but don't tell other fans how to feel. I'm not optimistic based on what I've seen recently, so stfu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Slojo said:

We can't blame Sarri for starting Hazard as a false 9, then blame him for starting Higuain, what more can he do? Giroud has been just as garbage in the league, let's be fair here. 

Also, Rudiger was injured, he had to come off, bringing RLC on was a good choice, should've happened earlier though, Willian was limping and was playing piss poorly, he needed to come off. So how could he have subbed Higuain? Would you really prefer him to put on Giroud rather than RLC? I know I wouldn't. 

I didn't mind the lineup and the subs. My only worry is, Sarri seems to think Higuain should stay. This was his comment  in response to whether Higuain will stay next season (quoting from the BBC): 

"I don't know, I'm not in charge of the market so I cannot answer these questions. In theory, yes."

We're in big trouble if Sarri believes Higuaian deserves to stay after his performances this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very bad officiating, but am very very happy with a point because I wasn't expecting it. If we can't beat Watford and Leicester, we don't deserve to play in the champions league next season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

How can you not play that to hazard...jeez

Alonso had a much harder chance and scored, our left back, Higuain hit it right at the f**king keeper while ignoring Hazard, shambles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Others on here are unhappy with our recent form and results but you dig my comment out?

What do you see as gloom? That imo United are a poorer team than the FA cup finalist Watford or Leicester? That is just an opinion. That I dont think we will beat either when a vastly poorer Burnley came to the bridge and held us and our away form is embarrassing?

That Arsenals poor form is why we remain in the top 4? Well yeah had they won even 1 of those 3 defeats we would be left hoping they lose another game.

What do I see as gloom, saying a team with the players we have in the top 4 with 2 games to go and in a Europe semi final aren’t good enough for Watford and Leicester and Man U away was the easiest of those games, it’s just silliness. 

Ive not singles you out I’ve consistently said this gloom is stupid and arsenalesque but after a tough away draw that comment...come on mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

What do I see as gloom, saying a team with the players we have in the top 4 with 2 games to go and in a Europe semi final aren’t good enough for Watford and Leicester and Man U away was the easiest of those games, it’s just silliness. 

Ive not singles you out I’ve consistently said this gloom is stupid and arsenalesque but after a tough away draw that comment...come on mate 

Be fair, Watford have reached the FA cup final. They are a good team with a good manager and are far more physical than United. Leicester just stuffed arsenal 3-0 they are no mugs. 

Neither are push overs and neither of them face us desperate to win leaving us counter attack gaps like United did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

How can you not play that to hazard...jeez

 

13 minutes ago, Slojo said:

D5QedhBW4AAEriy.jpg

Try not to cry, try not to cry

That now makes me feel crap.

we could have nicked that in the last few seconds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jezq8 said:

 

That now makes me feel crap.

we could have nicked that in the last few seconds 

Pogba would have fallen over off the ball and won a freekick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

 

Im still wondering what exactly Kovacic actually does? 

 

Don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do?
Don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do?
Subtle innuends follow
There must be something inside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jezq8 said:

 

That now makes me feel crap.

we could have nicked that in the last few seconds 

Easy to say but knowing the type of forward he is I bet Giroud passes that. Whether he would be in that position in the first place is the question for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Be fair, Watford have reached the FA cup final. They are a good team with a good manager and are far more physical than United. Leicester just stuffed arsenal 3-0 they are no mugs. 

Neither are push overs and neither of them face us desperate to win leaving us counter attack gaps like United did.

First neither have the players or caliber UTD do, they are decent teams but playing for nothing, not top 4 not relegation, we are better playing them than a team that will dig in and defend like it’s a final.

They will have a go which suits us, and we have more than enough to outplay them, if we even half show up.

 They are decent there are no guarantees but I think you would be alone in thinking we haven’t just got the hardest of our remaining fixtures out of the way. 

Saying watford at home is harder than UTD away is just being silly for the sake of it...in my opinion, but naturally you’re entitled to yours , no offence intended 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have taken a draw at the start, did we miss a chance though of cementing fourth? United were a spent force by the 60th min and rarely threatened. We had a number of good situations but time and again failed to supply the killer ball in the final 30 mins. How Atkinson didn't see the Rojo challenge as a straight red I find incredible from what is supposedly the 'best' referee in the Premier League. Two wins now will do it for us, who wouldn't have taken that in January for Champions League football? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We went to play the side that had been in a very poor form recently, made them look like world beaters for the first 45, conceded, should have conceded more and then inexplicably scored at the end of the half, probably not believing our own luck. After the break both sides were equally sh*t and if I were a neutral, I'd have turned off that abomination long before the final whistle.

On a side note, if you watch Chelsea long enough, you get a feeling if our wingers and full backs were faced with cardboard cutouts placed in the opponent's 18 yard box instead of actual defenders, they'd still fail to put in a single decent cross in 90 minutes.

According to some here, that's considered a "decent performance". It's almost as if some of our supporters enjoy glorifying mediocrity.

P.S. Martin Atkinson has managed to outatkinson himself tonight. How's this w**ker is still allowed to pose as a referee is a mystery to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...