coco

Man Utd vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 28th Apr 16:30 GMT

26 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I didn't mind the lineup and the subs. My only worry is, Sarri seems to think Higuain should stay. This was his comment  in response to whether Higuain will stay next season (quoting from the BBC): 

"I don't know, I'm not in charge of the market so I cannot answer these questions. In theory, yes."

We're in big trouble if Sarri believes Higuaian deserves to stay after his performances this season. 

I really hope not. He can't exactly say "no he's sh*te" though can he. I think at the moment he is answering on the assumption we are still banned but if it's frozen I think it'll be a whole different ball game.

7 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

First neither have the players or caliber UTD do, they are decent teams but playing for nothing, not top 4 not relegation, we are better playing them than a team that will dig in and defend like it’s a final.

They will have a go which suits us, and we have more than enough to outplay them, if we even half show up.

They are decent there are no guarantees but I think you would be alone in thinking we haven’t just got the hardest of our remaining fixtures out of the way. 

Saying watford at home is harder than UTD away is just being silly for the sake of it...in my opinion, but naturally you’re entitled to yours , no offence intended 

On paper you are right, United have much better players. I just feel both are better as overall teams at the mo, and both defend a lot better than United. I would much rather face relegation threatened Brighton and Cardiff than them.

We are capable of beating both. Both are a lot, lot, LOT better than those hatchet men from Burnley and they held us so cannot take anything for sure.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, abramovich said:

We went to play the side that had been in a very poor form recently, made them look like world beaters for the first 45, conceded, should have conceded more and then inexplicably scored at the end of the half, probably not believing our own luck. After the break both sides were equally sh*t and if I were a neutral, I'd have turned off that abomination long before the final whistle.

On a side note, if you watch Chelsea long enough, you get a feeling if our wingers and full backs were faced with cardboard cutouts placed in the opponent's 18 yard box instead of actual defenders, they'd still fail to put in a single decent cross in 90 minutes.

According to some here, that's considered a "decent performance". It's almost as if some of our supporters enjoy glorifying mediocrity.

P.S. Martin Atkinson has managed to outatkinson himself tonight. How's this w**ker is still allowed to pose as a referee is a mystery to me.

How about United actually stepped up and played quite well first half? I said it was a decent SECOND half performance and I stand by that. I just don’t know what it is you people expect. This is NOT the Chelsea team / club you once knew. I realised that well before the season started so can take average performance in my stride. With the players we have available to us now and a coach in his first season in a new league, which of the three teams above us do you think we should be above? I’d be really interested to hear your answer. 

Edited by Dean

50 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Giroud must be thinking “WTF do I have to do to get on the pitch?”.

Im still wondering what exactly Kovacic actually does? 

Just a few random thoughts... 

He brings the ball foward when we get pressured high from opponets. He also had a few decent runs upfront. I mean, he didnt play really really good, but he was decent, at least he was trying 

You think Jorgihno played better? 

6 minutes ago, Dean said:

How about United actually stepped up and played quite well first half? I said it was a decent SECOND half performance and I stand by that. I just don’t know what it is you people expect. This is NOT the Chelsea team / club you once knew. I realised that well before the season started so can take average performance in my stride. With the players we have available to us now and a coach in his first season in a new league, which of the three teams above us do you think we should be above? I’d be really interested to hear your answer. 

Sarri can make any opponent look good, so it's not difficult to step up your game when facing the current version of Chelsea. There are plenty of examples we've witnessed this season already. There's literally not a single match coming up you can look at and say: we have a good chance of winning it. We can easily lose to Watford at home, not to mention Leicester away, so no guarantees we'll remain in our current position. 

Sarri has serious trouble adjusting to a much stronger and more competitive league than the one he came from, it's that simple. His poor signings only confirm how little he knew about the challenge he was signing up for.

44 minutes ago, Dean said:

Creating some decent chances and shots would be nice, Watford and West Ham went to OT and caused way more problems.

53 minutes ago, robdog said:

Hazard should have spoken to Messi beforehand

the-only-man-who-can-stop-messi-from-win

TBF Messi has also bottled his fair share of opportunities with Argentina. I can remember him missing two crucial penalties  in championship games with Argentina off the top of my head

33 minutes ago, Croberry said:

He brings the ball foward when we get pressured high from opponets. He also had a few decent runs upfront. I mean, he didnt play really really good, but he was decent, at least he was trying 

You think Jorgihno played better? 

Shows how bad our midfield is when we are happy with a decent performance from Kovacic while knowing Jorginho was worse.

Flicking through the thread on the way home I just have to say thanks god you miserable f**kers don’t turn out to support the team.  Imagine how sh*te they’d be with you moany old f**kers there and not the amazing away support they always get behind them :wink:

Ole's at the wheel...how does it feel...so good when Alonso equalised...and Pogba still wont be criticised...and you won f*&k all

33 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Creating some decent chances and shots would be nice, Watford and West Ham went to OT and caused way more problems.

We nearly won it at the end! And probably would have but for Higuain 

28 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Shows how bad our midfield is when we are happy with a decent performance from Kovacic while knowing Jorginho was worse.

I agree. We weren't great again today but we have a chance to get top 4 and win the EL. Might save the autopsy until next month...Come on Chelsea

I honestly thought we could win this by 1:0 margin, a bit dissapointed that Solskaer can get something out of this game.

52 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Sarri can make any opponent look good, so it's not difficult to step up your game when facing the current version of Chelsea. There are plenty of examples we've witnessed this season already. There's literally not a single match coming up you can look at and say: we have a good chance of winning it. We can easily lose to Watford at home, not to mention Leicester away, so no guarantees we'll remain in our current position. 

Sarri has serious trouble adjusting to a much stronger and more competitive league than the one he came from, it's that simple. His poor signings only confirm how little he knew about the challenge he was signing up for.

But he’s adjusted quite well. You accuse Sarri of not changing and yet you persist with the same rants over and over again with zero willingness to incorporate new evidence in your view. It’s like you’ve been programmed. The way you talk you’d think we’re in a relegation battle, not in fourth place and in the Europa semis. It made sense a couple of months ago but things just aren’t as bad now. Sorry. You accuse those of us supporters that think Sarri should be given time of revelling in mediocrity. Well you seem almost disappointed we didn’t get thumped today and aren’t doing worse. It’s as though you’d rather have your negative view on Sarri vindicated than anything else. He’s doing quite well on any objective measures. I’m sorry if that upsets you. And I ask you again - which of Tottenham, City and Liverpool should we be above?

Got to be happy. Agree with many of the previous comments, table doesn't lie etc. Great that Rudi let fly and that Alonso was alert. Also kudos to Pedro off the line.

P.S. folks I'm in Crete and they give you a decent fill of Ouzu when you call for the bill. It's the equivalent of getting a naggin of whiskey at home at the end of the night. Come on the blues.

Got to be happy. Agree with many of the previous comments, table doesn't lie etc. Great that Rudi let fly and that Alonso was alert. Also kudos to Pedro off the line.

P.S. folks I'm in Crete and they give you a decent fill of Ouzu when you call for the bill. It's the equivalent of getting a naggin of whiskey at home at the end of the night. Come on the blues.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

On paper you are right, United have much better players. I just feel both are better as overall teams at the mo, and both defend a lot better than United. I would much rather face relegation threatened Brighton and Cardiff than them.

We are capable of beating both. Both are a lot, lot, LOT better than those hatchet men from Burnley and they held us so cannot take anything for sure.

Burnley held city today  for a good while too. It’s just the way football often is. You know that! 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ernie_blue said:

My interpretation of the second half is that we were set up to contain them and essentially play for a draw, hopefully nick it and we could have (though they could too admittedly). That was the sensible course of action in my view as they had to win while a draw was good enough for us . It was never going to spell lots of chances. Or would you rather we went out guns blazing to risk going for the win, had 5 more shots on target and got caught on the break by a Rashford or Lukaku?

Edited by Dean

17 minutes ago, Dean said:

And I ask you again - which of Tottenham, City and Liverpool should we be above?

After the start we had in the first three months of the season, we really ought to be well ahead of a team that has lost 12 of their PL games ...

48 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Ronaldo and Salah scoring record outside of Serie A is much higher so competitiveness is hardly a problem in Italy.

On paper Higuains scoring record was phenomenal with Madrid and Napoli nobody could predict he was gonna be such a miss here.Not Sarri's fault

Jorginho was also wanted by City last summer so obviously Guardiola thought he could of been a decent player in the Premier League too.

I'm not Sarri's biggest fan,but I think he's done ok with what he had to work with,and would be interesting to see what he could do if it all came together next year.