Man Utd vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 28th Apr 16:30 GMT

19 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

I had a dream that we beat Arsenal 6-1 in the FA Cup Final but that Eden Hazard broke his arm (compound fracture) in two places after scoring a hat trick. I don't know what to make of that. 

Probably the double malt that did it, dont mix blends, stick to single malt for normal fracture break dreams.

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I think Sarri deserves a pre-season and if then by December 2019 it is not working we need to change.

Neither Pep, Klopp or Poch were great in their first season.

I do have a concern around Sarri with him identifying the players to move us forward. I'm not sure how good he is at this and then what does that mean with our youth prospects if the ban is introduced?

Can everyone STOP the Pep, Klopp & Poch examples. Sarri isn't in the same bracket FFS!!

You wouldn’t think we are in the top 4 and a European semi final with some of the Debby downers on here ffs.

we have gone from a dull defensive team to a possession bases attacking team, in our first season, it takes fuxking time and the manager needs support, every club gets this except us.

Unfortunately this stupid I want it all and I want it now mentality doesn’t stop at the club seems with the fans too. 

Days of Daddy Roman splurging are over we need to approach this like normal people now, work and perseverance cheer up honestly. 

7 hours ago, Nibs said:

You could be right but then again, anyone who is Pro-Sarri keeps on using the Pep, Klopp, Poch comparison but what are they basing it on? Those three coaches are all highly respected coaches and all of them could probably walk into any job going. Sarri isn't of the same calibre. If Chelsea sack Sarri, he wouldn't be considered for Man Utd, Barca, Real Madrid etc. He MIGHT get to that stage, but I have seen little to convince me that he will.

Sarri may be higher calibre than you think and at least one of those three rates him highly. What's impressive about Sarri is that he came to football from a different profession and worked his way up the leagues with no help. Compare that to Pep who has only ever managed the top teams in the leagues he's worked in. We don't know if he'd do any better than Sarri with the current Chelsea squad. Would Huddersfield have avoided relegation with Pep in charge? i doubt it. By the same token, we don't know that Sarri wouldn't be winning the league if he managed City. I think the relevance of the comparison to those three is that Sarri's first season in the premier league, when you adjust for squad quality etc, is no worse than any of theirs. 

1 minute ago, luckywerthers said:

but sarri has won jack sh*te in his career, and does not look a big game coach to me, i certainly will not fancy our chances if we make the EUFA final, same as i think he will blow top 4, but that aside i am no hater and if he gets top 4 or wins the EUFA, i think he should have another season

Yes true to date yet but for a cock-sure young keeper we might now be the holders of the League Cup against the team now going for the triple!

2 minutes ago, luckywerthers said:

good point, but the fact that even happened does not say much for sarri's leadership qualities

I think you are being too harsh, good goal keepers are hard to find and by then bringing in Caballero he at least made a public stance against bad behaviour, IMO.

Edited by Strider6003
5 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I think you are being too harsh, good goal keepers are hard to find and by then bringing in Caballero he at least made a public stance against bad behaviour, IMO.

maybe, i just don't much rate his motivational skills, he has even admitted his lack of them, i do not see pepe or klopp having these problems, you can see a bond there between players and the coach and see that they are playing for their gaffer

No width so we may as well surprise them

Kepa

Azpi
rudiger/Christensen 
Luiz
emerson 

Jorginho 
kante 
RLC 

Hazard

Giroud 
Higuain 

Or a real curveball 

Kepa

Azpi 
rudiger/Christensen 
Luiz 
emerson 

Jorginho 
kante 
RLC 

Hazard 
Giroud 
Alonso
It was funny at first when I saw Alonso as a winger there, but on second thought, know we are not favourite for this and being an away game, I think it could work in our favour, the only problem is, it will force Hazard to play on the Right Wing where you can't get the best out of him.
8 minutes ago, wallosh said:
On 24/04/2019 at 10:03, axman2526 said:

Kepa

Azpi
rudiger/Christensen 
Luiz
emerson 

Jorginho 
kante 
RLC 

Hazard

Giroud 
Higuain 

Or a real curveball 

Kepa

Azpi 
rudiger/Christensen 
Luiz 
emerson 

Jorginho 
kante 
RLC 

Hazard 
Giroud 
Alonso

It was funny at first when I saw Alonso as a winger there, but on second thought, know we are not favourite for this and being an away game, I think it could work in our favour, the only problem is, it will force Hazard to play on the Right Wing where you can't get the best out of him.

Could have Alonso cut in from the right on to his left peg. Main reason to have in there is for attacking headers.

Really I think he would contribute more than pedro or Willian. A lot more...

If Kante is out and he plays Kova in place of, cant see anything but a draw or loss based upon the away form which has been abjectly awful (despite Sarri being a football coaching genius that 'just' needs more time in an inpatient world where most armchair analyst ignoramuses like me wont wait 2 seconds or even 3 years for his one & only cant ever change best football ever played system to take root with the playing staff). Btw 'It takes Time' is a great tune by the London Cowboys in case you've never heard it.

I'm optimistically predicting 1-1 but that's based upon the 'genius' manager finally addressing the inevitable 2nd half collapse.

20 minutes ago, wallosh said:
On 24/04/2019 at 09:03, axman2526 said:

Kepa

Azpi
rudiger/Christensen 
Luiz
emerson 

Jorginho 
kante 
RLC 

Hazard

Giroud 
Higuain 

Or a real curveball 

Kepa

Azpi 
rudiger/Christensen 
Luiz 
emerson 

Jorginho 
kante 
RLC 

Hazard 
Giroud 
Alonso

your idea could work but put Emerson up higher - Emerson has played role & supported Alonso when he went forward

I think Sarri could have tried sarri ball with Kante at the base . Just stupid not to try it. . However all I really care about in this thread  is getting a result in this game. It’s a worry about Kante. 

Im going with Alonso at lb and assuming no Kante Kovacic, Barkley and RLC. Hazard, higuain and willian

An interesting analysis of us against United, 

Both teams out of form,

• Hazard against an out of form Young on the Right
  • Kante if fit, to nicking the ball of Pogba to initiate midfield drives forward
  • Chelsea vulnerable down the flanks yet OGS attacks down the middle to cover his own defensive frailties.

https://www.football365.com/news/man-united-v-chelsea-one-big-game-five-big-questions-2