coco

Man Utd vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 28th Apr 16:30 GMT

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, zes said:

Is Rudiger back for tomorrow? 

I believe Don Maurizio said as much in his press conference - also Der Panzer was seen training w/ the first team yesterday

D5Ii5i2XoAE05lC.jpg

I found this video as well:

Edited by robdog

My tactics for tomorrow would be this.

In regards to our second half slacking I would start with a weaker team to lull Utd into a false sense of security and so some of Utd pick up yellows:

First half:

Kepa

Dave Rudiger Luiz Emerson

Barkley Jorginho Kovacic (as Kante injured)

Pedro Higuaín (or Giroud) Willian

Second half 

Kepa

Dave Rudiger Luiz Emerson

RLC Jorginho Kovacic (as Kante injured)

Pedro Higuaín (or Giroud) Hazard

Conte rested Hazard in a semi against Spurs a few seasons ago and when he came on in the 2nd half Spurs seemed to crumble. Utd ride their luck at home with fouls so hopefully Willian can draw a yellow from Young. RLC for me seems better as an impact sub rather than starting too.

Whatever the final line up just hope the lads go for it like against City in the league cup final.

6 hours ago, JM7 said:

Unfortunately I don’t have any faith in this team to perform when it’s matters. They seem to bottle it. I also don’t see United losing 3 on the bounce 

I’m going for a 2-0 win for United. We will giving other teams a helping hand. 

Looks like it could all come down to the last game of the season, for all 4 places...

On 26/04/2019 at 14:52, Luca Vialli said:

He's totally in the same bracket as Klopp and Poch, Zero titles so far. The only difference is the sun shines out of the bum of those two in the medias eyes.

If you ignore the titles against a dominant Bayern side then yeah sure, it’s zero titles.

Win and we’re level on points with Spurs (behind on goal difference).

We f**ked up a massive chance against Burnley, we cannot afford to do it again. 

Big game for us, come on Chels. 

6 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Win and we’re level on points with Spurs (behind on goal difference).

We f**ked up a massive chance against Burnley, we cannot afford to do it again. 

Big game for us, come on Chels. 

So many ‘if only’ chances we’ve had this season. ?

De Gea is completely out of form so we should be trying to put him under pressure and test him. But it won't happen it'll be the usual sideways passing for 90 minutes. Man U are long ball under Ole so it will be Lukaku playing have to hope Rudiger is fit.

56 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

De Gea is completely out of form so we should be trying to put him under pressure and test him. But it won't happen it'll be the usual sideways passing for 90 minutes. Man U are long ball under Ole so it will be Lukaku playing have to hope Rudiger is fit.

Agree and not many of our players take a long range shot, Barkley normally has one crack per match. You would hope Sarri has emphasized De Gea's lack of form just now.

A MUST NOT LOSE match. This is the game we can fairly judge Sarri on, we simply can't afford to lose it. A draw maybe good enough depending on the Gooners match beforehand. No excuses, pick a team that will battle and if necessary do a 'Burnley' on them.

I've seen jellyfish with more backbone than you f**kers, ooh we're so terrible, well make utd/pogba/yeovil look so amazing, our club are the worst ever and everything we do is wrong and bad..... Pathetic. 

3 hours ago, Kev56 said:

So many ‘if only’ chances we’ve had this season. ?

There have been and somehow we keep getting second, third, fourth etc. chances to get our noses in front.

I think this is the last chance. Big result today and we’ve got every chance of finishing top four.

I don’t like Sarri as our manager but I’m hoping he pulls something out the bag today. United’s form is awful, we couldn’t ask for a better time to play them. 

If we’re aggressive enough and go for it today I think we’ve got a great chance of beating them.

Fingers crossed! 

Both teams starting line ups and formations are hard to predict, but if we start with Rudiger, Kante, Barkley, RLC and maybe Giroud in the team, i will be confident were strong enough to win, without those players on the pitch we're a bit like a wet paper bag.

Keeping everything crossed for Kanté's ribs to be okay... he can have one of mine if he wants!

Have a horrible feeling that Man Utd will start a 4-diamond-2 with Lingard on Jorginho and Lukaku on Christensen.

Come on boys, massive opportunity. I'm hoping that we start RLC just so he can nutmeg Pogba, Mikel-style.

I’m a jellyfish. Two other teams I follow have already lost this eeekend.  Our away form is useless. We have injuries and ManU will be right up for it. 

Although i am all for a bit of optimism, i some times think there is a thin line between that and delusional when it comes to football, i will be shocked if this current chelsea side go to OT and grab all 3 points, a draw will be a major result

3 minutes ago, luckywerthers said:

Although i am all for a bit of optimism, i some times think there is a thin line between that and delusional when it comes to football, i will be shocked if this current chelsea side go to OT and grab all 3 points, a draw will be a major result

You realise that United are no better or worse off than Chelsea this season in fact after 35 games Chelsea have got more points so we're slightly better off right now.

To say it would be a shock if we went there and won is a bit silly.

4 minutes ago, Ray_Cfc said:

You realise that United are no better or worse off than Chelsea this season in fact after 35 games Chelsea have got more points so we're slightly better off right now.

To say it would be a shock if we went there and won is a bit silly.

well i will be shocked, pleasantly obviously, maybe i need to upgrade my blue tinted specs

Don't think the losing manager of this game will last long at the club, especially for us. I fail to recall another season where we lost all 5 away games against other top 6 teams , so let's hope we don't go that low today. I reckon a scoreless draw will be accepted by both managers., especially if Leicester could make it happen in the second half.

On the last 8 games we are better though away at OT you play against the crowd and their influence on the officials so it is never a certain result even when you are on fire and we are not just now.