ChelseaChap1901

Fantastic Campaign 2018/19

Sitting pretty in fourth and still having a proper go in the UEFA cup. Also, already got to a cup final this season. I see that as being a successful and climatic end to the 2018/19 journey. We can guarantee CL football next year if we finish the campaign strongly and the possibility of keeping Sarri on. All in all, I'm going to keep positive and pray for some silverware. 

That’s a great outlook on the season. We have been incredibly inconsistent, but if you told me we’ll be 4th and in the semi’s of Europa at this stage of the season then I’ll be pretty happy.

Sitting pretty in fourth and still having a proper go in the UEFA cup. Also, already got to a cup final this season. I see that as being a successful and climatic end to the 2018/19 journey. We can guarantee CL football next year if we finish the campaign strongly and the possibility of keeping Sarri on. All in all, I'm going to keep positive and pray for some silverware. 
Fair play to you. Even I'm not feeling that perky.

I guess if you had been in a coma for 7 months and you just come around, then yeah, things don't look too bad. But the reality is, we have been sh*t for months now, we have a transfer ban hanging over our heads, our best player is likely to leave, our manager looks pretty clueless, most of the squad are struggling for form and now our best young prospect has picked up an injury that could have him out until next year.

If we end the season winning the Europa League, then fantastic, but I will still see it as a sh*t season with a good ending, just like last season.

23 hours ago, ChelseaChap1901 said:

Love your outlook mate, but sadly my thoughts are, manager f**ked up in league cup final when kepa totally disobeyed him and showed the lack of authority he has, imagine kepa doing that to fergie or cloughie or jose, kepa stayed on (remember this keeper can't seem to save a shot) and instead  one of the best penalty stoppers in the Business couldn't get on, we lost on penalties, we haven't got a point away from home against a top 7 team yet, Top four and Europa cup win, just can't see it, hope I'm wrong though.

Its been a very frustrating year for me. So many blown opportunities in the league to get a firm, firm grip on 3rd and possibly (probably stretching here) challenge for the title. I think there is a lot of positivity that can be taken from this season if the correct actions are taken this summer. Of course the state of the transfer ban is huge as well. But if they are able to register players, Chelsea cannot whiff on anyone they sign. They have to get their signings correct. We can't keep paying huge fees for bang average players. I also think if Chelsea want to play this type of football they have to give Sarri at least 3 years to get everything implemented. Will they? Yeah, I don't exactly have faith they will.

Too your point, hopefully we are able to secure 3rd/4th in the league and win the Europa League as well. I think we do that and then overall the season is a success. I just don't like the crazy ups and downs that we experienced during the season.

Happy with the season, think our team is finishing on a high, each week we seem to be playing more fluid and more direct. Our squad isn't great but there are some green shoots. Glad we have two academy players are first team level now. 

I'm nervous about our squad for next year with a transfer ban and I'm incredibly nervous our board will sack Sarri. Hazard going I'm optimistic will create a more balanced team. 

I am ambivalent and think given the squad and the timings of getting Sarri and then Higuaín we have done ok, this does raise the question with a transfer ban what prospects the next season holds. If there is no transfer ban then for me what players would Sarri identify as moving us forward. I think given the frustrations in our squad this season him identifying players to enhance his brand of football would be important.

3 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Happy with the season, think our team is finishing on a high, each week we seem to be playing more fluid and more direct. Our squad isn't great but there are some green shoots. Glad we have two academy players are first team level now. 

I'm nervous about our squad for next year with a transfer ban and I'm incredibly nervous our board will sack Sarri. Hazard going I'm optimistic will create a more balanced team. 

Confused at how anyone can think Hazard (or Kante),  leaving will make us a better team? Very confused.

41 minutes ago, just said:

Confused at how anyone can think Hazard (or Kante),  leaving will make us a better team? Very confused.

A lot of people have made the observation that while Hazard is a world class incredible player he plays more individually and to beat of his own drum so to speak. Slowing down attacks so he can then speed past a player on the dribble. Even though on those attacks he has brought us lots of excitement the consensus is that another player who plays more according to the system that relies on rapid interchanges and movement + more defensive discipline might make it better overall. That is what Sarri's system is built on but obviously we haven't seen it yet.

Minimum of 5 but hopefully 6 matches left. If we won close to all of them, I think we might get to the season being described. If we don't I think Sarri will be getting a P45.

The margins are very fine. Bloody hope we get there though!

1 hour ago, just said:

Especially when you can't replace them, that is my worry if Hazard leaves. If the transfer ban sticks, I would rather we kept him for one more season and lose him for free the season after. If the transfer ban starts this summer and we sell Hazard, then I don't think we will get close to finishing top 4 next season, and if we don't finish top 4 next season, then who's going to join us without Champions League football? We have struggled to sign top players when we have had Champions League football in recent years, imagine the type of player we will target without it. 

I don't buy the theory that the players we do have will suddenly up their game if Hazard leaves. Has that happened at any other club? I can't think of any. Every time a player losses their star player, they suffer the following season.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Especially when you can't replace them, that is my worry if Hazard leaves. If the transfer ban sticks, I would rather we kept him for one more season and lose him for free the season after. If the transfer ban starts this summer and we sell Hazard, then I don't think we will get close to finishing top 4 next season, and if we don't finish top 4 next season, then who's going to join us without Champions League football? We have struggled to sign top players when we have had Champions League football in recent years, imagine the type of player we will target without it. 

I don't buy the theory that the players we do have will suddenly up their game if Hazard leaves. Has that happened at any other club? I can't think of any. Every time a player losses their star player, they suffer the following season.

Harry Kane for Tottenham this season. 

Every time he's injured, Tottenham play better. 

Regardless of whether we improve, it's not healthy to be so reliant on one player. I'm hopeful and optimistic that if hazard leaves we will improve as the team get better. I don't necessarily think it will happen, but I'm trying to be optimistic. 

Edited by bisright1

10 hours ago, just said:

He said more balanced, so I think he means everybody is equally crap, no exception ::MooNeY::

2 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Harry Kane for Tottenham this season. 

Every time he's injured, Tottenham play better. 

Regardless of whether we improve, it's not healthy to be so reliant on one player. I'm hopeful and optimistic that if hazard leaves we will improve as the team get better. I don't necessarily think it will happen, but I'm trying to be optimistic. 

There's a world of difference between stepping up your performances for a couple of matches when your best player's out and improving as a team in general when your best player is sold and gone. Tottenham will certainly suffer if Kane is sold, just like we will when Hazard leaves, it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, rtwelch said:

A lot of people have made the observation that while Hazard is a world class incredible player he plays more individually and to beat of his own drum so to speak. Slowing down attacks so he can then speed past a player on the dribble. Even though on those attacks he has brought us lots of excitement the consensus is that another player who plays more according to the system that relies on rapid interchanges and movement + more defensive discipline might make it better overall. That is what Sarri's system is built on but obviously we haven't seen it yet.

We have seen it happen in the past, when a world class player is sold but a team somehow does better without them. But that is usually, due to quality players who remained stepping up and money from said sold World Class player being spent wisely on the squad. With our squad you don't see a great deal of quality to step up (other than some great potential / prospects) and with our clubs record you fear the Hazard money won't be spent wisely and we'll end up with a few more Zappercosta's and Drinkwaters. If this season was anything to go by, No Hazard and we would have been below mid-table.

Edited by Nibs

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

We have seen it happen in the past, when a world class player is sold but a team somehow does better without them. But that is usually, due to quality players who remained stepping up and money from said sold World Class player being spent wisely on the squad. With our squad you don't see a great deal of quality to step up (other than some great potential / prospects) and with our clubs record you fear the Hazard money won't be spent wisely and we'll end up with a few more Zappercosta's and Drinkwaters. If this season was anything to go by, No Hazard and we would have been below mid-table.

Image result for soldado tottenham

Soldado.

I can understand the point of team being more balanced, take a look at Liverpool without Coutinho as an example - But they got lucky with Salah being very good, and Mane was a shrewd buy.

I doubt we’ll do as well in transfer market. I seriously doubt we are going to sign anyone who will be as good as Salah or Mane.

1 hour ago, PloKoon13 said:

We should copy Liverpool's approach of signing Southampton's best player every season until everything suddenly clicks. 

We thought we was on to a similar good thing with Leicester,..... till DD killed that.

3 hours ago, Nibs said:

How dare you post pics of Sp*rs players on here - I'm not even sure who it is?!!!

just checked the house rules and shockingly posting images of spuds players on here is not even on the list, may have to have a chat with @Mod Stark about that, i mean come on we have young chelsea fans on these forums, they shouldn't have to look at that foul lot.