Chelsea Kit 2019/20 season

zes
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

22 hours ago, zes said:

Apparently its that time of the year again where the kits for next season are revealed. Now these images and 'leaks' are from a Chinese store which already has next season's kit on sale and previous kit reveals such as this have proven to be true on some occasions so I thought creating this thread may be appropriate. 

These may be fake and I hope they are cause it looks f**king atrocious. dear god. 

D5ALnGGWkAE0UG1.jpg

D4_2BHSWAAUcHwD.jpg

Hmm ..looks like their biro leaked. 

2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Can't decide what I dislike the most out of that god awful print or the nasty little red strip at the back of the neck ... £75 saved anyway, so it's not all bad ?

The shorts are OK ... LOL

Here we go again with the ‘red-whinging’. 

It’s been featured on many, many of our home shirts for my entire life and for years before. Just look at the retro kits the club are trying to cash in on. Traditional innit.

9 hours ago, Munkworth said:

It’s been featured on many, many of our home shirts for my entire life and for years before. Just look at the retro kits the club are trying to cash in on. Traditional innit.

Why though? Is it the excuse that it refers to the Pensioners coats, supposedly to make us reverently think of their self-sacrifices for king/queen and country? 

48 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Why though? Is it the excuse that it refers to the Pensioners coats, supposedly to make us reverently think of their self-sacrifices for king/queen and country? 

Why not? Why have any colours. Why yellow. Why white. 

If true, this will be one of those kits remembered with fondness in 10-20 years for how tasteless it was. This is what you’d get if TopShop made football shirts.

I think the blue socks actually look quite good but whenever we’ve played with blue socks it just hasn’t looked right.

On weaintgotnohistory they’re claiming the design is inspired by something we wore in the early nineties. If they’re going to take inspiration from old kits I wish they’d use a truly classic design like the Umbro kit posted above.

1 hour ago, bluedave said:

On weaintgotnohistory they’re claiming the design is inspired by something we wore in the early nineties. If they’re going to take inspiration from old kits I wish they’d use a truly classic design like the Umbro kit posted above.

I think the first Nike kit was the closest we’ll ever get to a proper modern retro kit. Just nice clean blue. I had hope back then, 3 years down the line it’s all but gone. 

5 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Why not? Why have any colours. Why yellow. Why white. 

Very profound questions. Let's just play in whatever civvies the players are wearing  :rolleyes: Saves everybody a bundle not going to buy a replica shirt, too!

19 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Yawn. I am NOT red whinging. I am commenting on the nasty little red (adjective) strip on the back of the shirt that looks god awful as a piece of design ... like a bit of tape stuck on after the event ... OK ?

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

Very profound questions. Let's just play in whatever civvies the players are wearing  :rolleyes: Saves everybody a bundle not going to buy a replica shirt, too!

But why is red so bad when our biggest rivals have always played in white. 

Historically Tottenham Fulham and Leeds we hate. No one cares about white on our kits!

34 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Yawn. I am NOT red whinging. I am commenting on the nasty little red (adjective) strip on the back of the shirt that looks god awful as a piece of design ... like a bit of tape stuck on after the event ... OK ?

No, it’s an inspired piece of design from some genius at Nike just like the entire kit (from the red tab down to the blue socks). 

I sounded convincing there for a minute didn’t I?

13 hours ago, bisright1 said:

But why is red so bad when our biggest rivals have always played in white. 

Historically Tottenham Fulham and Leeds we hate. No one cares about white on our kits!

White is used by the manufacturer as a contrasting colour to blue for their logo and other characteristics (the Adidas stripes, the Umbro lozenges). The red thingie in the new shirt (if not fake) serves no such purpose, as far as I can see. Hence my question why use it. Is it perhaps supposed to refer to the Chelsea Pensioners' coats?

6 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Apparently there’s a rumor that the kit posted above is our cup kit, or 4th kit, and this one is our actual home kit:

http://esvaphane.com/chelsea-fc-19-20-ic-saha-formasi-sizdi-chelsea-fc-19-20-home-shirt-leaked/

Unfortunately thats a fan made kit.  This is the kit, white socks included.

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 20.13.46.png

Edited by DarkMata