coco

Eintracht Frankfurt vs Chelsea (EL) Thur 2nd May 20:00 GMT

Unlike all the matches we have played so far in the Europa league, I am very much worried about this away game. We can get a draw or at least score an away goal.

Kepa
Azpi Christensen Luiz Emerson
                   Jorginho
           Kante
                         RLC
       Pedro  Giroud  Hazard

Full strength now in every game. Gotta be done

5 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Ah rudiger is going to be out. There goes our chances of a clean sheet. Need to go for goals.

Andreas will do fine in his place. Plus Giroud is fresh after not getting off the bench.

Kepa

Azpi
rudiger 
Luiz 
Alonso 

Jorginho 
kante 
RLC 

Hazard

Giroud 
Higuain

We need away goals
Two strikers? You think Sarri would have gone before Thursday?

6 hours ago, wallosh said:
20 hours ago, axman2526 said:
Kepa

Azpi
rudiger 
Luiz 
Alonso 

Jorginho 
kante 
RLC 

Hazard

Giroud 
Higuain

We need away goals

Two strikers? You think Sarri would have gone before Thursday?

Lol no no just what  would like to see. With our brittle defense I believe we need at least 2 away goals to go through. 

However I expect Sarri goes with

Kepa

Azpi

christensen 

Luiz

emerson 

Jorginho 

kante 

barkely 

Pedro 

Giroud 

hazard 

People may disagree with me but i’d Start with Hazard on the bench. We have 3 games in the space of 1 week and I’d like to see Hazard start this weekend so I’d go with this line up

Kepa

Azpi Christensen Luiz Emerson

Barkley Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Giroud Willian

I know nowt about them but a work colleague of my has mentioned them on a number of occasions. They were his tip for the Europa League early on. Apparently they are strong. I also recall coming back from one of the knock out games hearing a few supporters saying they were really good. Who knows, guess we’ll find out. 

I think we’ll do better away than at home to be honest. Don’t know why just a feeling. We’ll need to be aggressive and physical in our play. Not sure I’d start Giroud. More in favour of Higuain for this one (oddly). Fancy Barkley to bag a goal and possibly even an assist. 

keep this match tight & an away goal should do it - beware though Eintracht does well against Bayern & they do not shy away when the bright lights are shinning on their side - also they have a serious firm - for any match going fan tread with caution

8 minutes ago, The Chelsea Way said:

I know nowt about them but a work colleague of my has mentioned them on a number of occasions. They were his tip for the Europa League early on. Apparently they are strong.

They are - normally and throughout the whole season until some weeks ago. But their problems are cumulating in the last weeks, resulting in really bad games in the Bundesliga - like a really dull 0-0 at home against Hertha BSC last Saturday.

Their main problem ist that Sebastien Haller is injured - seemingly til the end of the season. He is the offensive brain, creating the assists, esp. by catching and securing long balls and relaying them to Jovic. With Rebic suspended in the first leg, Eintracht has a real problem, because Jovic, Rebic and Haller work really good only together (see this short analysis of Jovic and the role of the other guys on Youtube). That is the signature gameplay of Eintracht in this season. The only other real chance of getting the ball to Jovic are the full-backs Kostic and Da Costa going some extra miles on the left and the right - but they also really looked exhausted in the last matches.

So I am very excited to see what Adi Hütter is making out of this mess. It maybe won’t be the usual brilliant offensive play that we will see from Eintracht. But it should become an interesting match!

I have no idea how Frankfurt plays but I think we have played well in Europa all season and it will continue. Last half of football against Prague was 'an accident' and I think we are better than that.

10 hours ago, The Chelsea Way said:

I know nowt about them but a work colleague of my has mentioned them on a number of occasions. They were his tip for the Europa League early on. Apparently they are strong. I also recall coming back from one of the knock out games hearing a few supporters saying they were really good. Who knows, guess we’ll find out. 

I think we’ll do better away than at home to be honest. Don’t know why just a feeling. We’ll need to be aggressive and physical in our play. Not sure I’d start Giroud. More in favour of Higuain for this one (oddly). Fancy Barkley to bag a goal and possibly even an assist. 

Higuain has proved he is more offside than Morata and Giroud has been banging them in all season in the Europa League for us. We'd be mad not to start him! 

I'm not underestimating Eintracht, I think it will be a difficult match.