coco

Eintracht Frankfurt vs Chelsea (EL) Thur 2nd May 20:00 GMT

Hazard has been vey absent since he came on. He's tried a couple of times but mostly a passenger. 

2 minutes ago, enigma said:

Higuain may have been better for this game. Giroud makes zero chances for himself. Just plays in others too often. 

Like i said before, Higuain and Giroud are not the problem, there's absolutely no cohession and no identity in this squad.

Performance wise, good second half but we are absolute woeful in the final third. Should have scored at least a second and I think we’ll pay for it in the second leg. Taking off Loftus Cheek was a ridiculously stupid idea as we’ve completely lost moment since Kovacic came on, who must be the most pointless player ever. Poor result considering they’re missing one of their key players.

Bad result in my opinion, we should have scored at least another 2 in the second half, we will live to regret this wastefulness.

Arsenal won 3-1

Good tie. I like our chances home. Nice to play outside Prem. Prem is all about parked buses and congested defences. We had a ton of space today. Just couldnt utilize it enough. 

decent result, I thought we played well second half until kovacic came on. Giroud was awful though all game. 

They look a very tired side, they have a massive game at the weekend aswell so hopefully we can dominate at home like we did for that 2md half, and just kill them off.

Decent result because of the away goal but can’t help but think they were there for the taking in that second half.

Half their team looked out on their feet by the 75th minute but a lack of cutting edge in the final third (story of our season) meant we couldn’t take advantage.

Frustrating game of football.

First half, we were poor, but we took the one good chance we created. Second half, we were well on top, but like we have seen many times this season, we couldn't take advantage of it. Most sides would have finished Frankfurt off tonight, they were exhausted. The only reason why they are still in this game at all is because of our poor end product.

2 minutes ago, Upb78 said:

Like i said before, Higuain and Giroud are not the problem, there's absolutely no cohession and no identity in this squad.

Agree with that. We're're not a great team anymore but the problem with Giroud and Higuain is that they are paid to score and they don't. Think we'll win the second leg though.

I assume Sarri is concerned about RLC‘s fitness. We all know he’s got back problems and has to be used carefully.

That’s a respectable result and the second half performance was one of our better ones for a while. I’ll leave it for others to explain why we should be miserable.

God Frankfurt will be happy with this. Like said by a few people we are woeful in the final third. Lost count of how many attacks we wasted by just being sh*te. Frankfurt could easily go through next week and we'd deserve it. I hate being this negative especially as we haven't even lost but I just can't believe the level we've dropped to.

Emerson ,Giroud  &  Andreas are all having a mare , we could of been more than one down before we scored.

Ruben by far our best player .

that away goal could be so important we need to stay compact at the start of the second half 

Kovacic broke out rhythm. We were all over the place towards the end. 

We create a lot of chances but have no goalscorers in this team. We will go through 2nd leg not worried. Looks like we're playing Arsenal in the final.  

Shame not to take a lead from a good second half performance, Jorginho and RLC were very good, defence sh*t as usual, giroud zero creativity for himself, kante looked off as did hazard I think the season is catching up to them, Alonso is much better than Emerson except for pace, but for me need a new CB and LB urgently if we can sign in the summer 

Thought we managed that well for a tough away game. Hazard should be fresh for the weekend and Loftus Cheek will definately start again.

Some things are still clearly not right but favourites for top 4 and now great position for another Europa League final. I'll take that.