coco

Eintracht Frankfurt vs Chelsea (EL) Thur 2nd May 20:00 GMT

I’m going with

kepa

azpi Luiz Christensen Emerson 

Kante Jorginho kovacic 

Pedro giroud hazard 

it’s going to be a tough game il be happy with a 0-1 win and get that vital away goal 

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Without Rudy I fear for our defense.

I think we will be fine with AC and Luiz. What is concerning, at least for me, is will we be able to get an away goal. Also, Jovic and Rebic are gonna cause us problems if we aren't minding our P's & Q's. Does Sarri roll with a midfield three of Jorginho Kante and RLC (our best midfield trio IMO) or does he go with Jorginho, Kante, and Barkley or the worst option of Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante?

A lot of questions still with these boys, but everything is right there for the taking! Win Thursday and Sunday and we are sitting absolutely beautifully! 

Going to be a very tough game, their home support and atmosphere has been unreal.  I've a few German friends, who are not Frankfurt fans, and they've been blown away by the atmosphere of the games there.

I think as long as we keep it within a goal, and preferably we get at least 2 away goals, we should be in good shape for the home leg.

1 hour ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I think we will be fine with AC and Luiz. What is concerning, at least for me, is will we be able to get an away goal. Also, Jovic and Rebic are gonna cause us problems if we aren't minding our P's & Q's. Does Sarri roll with a midfield three of Jorginho Kante and RLC (our best midfield trio IMO) or does he go with Jorginho, Kante, and Barkley or the worst option of Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante?

A lot of questions still with these boys, but everything is right there for the taking! Win Thursday and Sunday and we are sitting absolutely beautifully! 

Thats a great comment, I just feel a bit worried since I'm sure that if there is a counter attack our defense will get crushed, that Frankfurt team loves to exploit the minimal given space they live for the sucker punch. I would go with that best trio and hope for the best.

Honestly I would be happy with a 0:0 and then we just win at home later on...

Think Frankfurt are gonna f**k us over question is is by how many goals until we get them back to the bridge.

Just not confident in that team at all there's to many question marks when we play decent sides. 

4 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

Rebic is suspended for the first leg. They are missing two of their main 3 up top so I think we need to capitalise. They are formidable at home though.

25 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

Rebic is suspended for the first leg. They are missing two of their main 3 up top so I think we need to capitalise. They are formidable at home though.

Think we need the away goals so we have to risk being aggressive.

Posted (edited)

I have my doubts about Christensen. He has experience, is disciplined and he was a starter under Conte, but he gets manhandled by big physical strikers far too easily and there's always a mistake in him. Between him Luiz our center of defence is a bit of a worry.

Edited by abramovich

On 29/04/2019 at 11:26, dansubrosa said:

People may disagree with me but i’d Start with Hazard on the bench. We have 3 games in the space of 1 week and I’d like to see Hazard start this weekend so I’d go with this line up

Kepa

Azpi Christensen Luiz Emerson

Barkley Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Giroud Willian

Even worse 4 games in 10 days, but I think he will start and if we have a lead will rest him for the home leg 

They are fourth in Bundesliga, we are fourth in the Prem. They also won Bayern in german cup final last season. As a team they are in a better stage than us but undoubtly we have more quality. Will be a one goal tie this. 

16 hours ago, rtwelch said:

Good info on Rebic. I didn't realize he was suspended. If that's the case, then you are right they absolutely need to capitalize on the opportunity. 1-1 draw or 1-0 win (or any win obviously) would be outstanding result.

17 hours ago, rtwelch said:

they have some speed as well - will be a fight for a result in this match

On 30/04/2019 at 11:01, PloKoon13 said:

If Jovic scores against us does that mean we are nailed-on to sign him in the summer, as per Chelsea tradition?

Knowing us we'll end up with Ashley Barnes. 

I'd put out a strong team tonight, not the time to be resting players. We've only got a couple of games left to play to rotation isn't really a priority at this point. 

Kepa

Dave - Christensen - Luiz - Emerson

Kante - Jorginho - RLC

Pedro - Giroud - Hazard

Even a score draw would be a good result to take back to the Bridge. I think we've got enough to sneak an away win though.