coco

Eintracht Frankfurt vs Chelsea (EL) Thur 2nd May 20:00 GMT

21 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Frankfurt looked absolutely knackered after 30 mins, which was bizarre. Have they played more games than us this season?

Chelsea have played 59 games, E. Frankfurt have played 46 games so far.

12 minutes ago, Remy10 said:

I think it was mentioned during the commentary that they've had a tough season and very little squad depth

Chelsea squad size 26, Frankfurt 34 players.

1 minute ago, coco said:

Chelsea have played 59 games, E. Frankfurt have played 46 games so far.

Chelsea squad size 26, Frankfurt 34 players.

Fair enough. Serves me right for listening to the commentary. I think their point was about not really trusting the 'backup' players, but I guess the same could easily be argued about us. Kudos to our medical staff and fitness coaches I suppose!

Posted (edited)

A decent 2nd half performance, probably should of gone on to win, but at least we didn't lose.

Makes next week similar to a one off match now, unless we can keep a clean sheet.

Edited by 2211

Were red hot favourites to go through, we only drew, but we showed for 2/3rds of the game that we can boss them with the ball, 

2 hours ago, bluedave said:

This is Sarri's explanation:

Fair enough. It did seem a strange substitution and caring for his back seemed a lame excuse, given that a back problem can occur anytime within a match.

24 minutes ago, charierre said:

Fair enough. It did seem a strange substitution and caring for his back seemed a lame excuse, given that a back problem can occur anytime within a match.

I've heard 15k Frankfurt coming, so our support best be up for this, or we could be embarrassedd like gooners when cologne came last season. 

Decent effort and result. It's 2 legged semi final, away draw is always a positive result. I'm ok with the decision on Hazard, this is one game we could give him a bit of a break, pretty sure he will start the next 3 games if he's fit. Hazard had an unusually poor cameo, maybe he's carrying some niggle, more reasons to protect him. RLC was the best player on the pitch, Kante was pretty good, Jorgino after a lot better after opposition tired after 30 minutes and stopped pressing him that hard. Poor finishing again, don't thin that will change for the rest of the season. Set piece defending almost cost us again, this zonal marking thing is like playing with fire near a fuel pump. If we don't make it to the final, it's because we f* up the home game, we done what we came to do. For once, I don't find much to criticize Sarri.

I was tearing my hair out watching the game but after sleeping on it & looking at the reaction people seem to think we played alright. So i'll go with that. I seem to go into an alternate reality sometimes when watching a game and only see the sh*t stuff we do. it's tiring work. 

I'm very worried about Rebic being available for them next week and the thought of 2 quick goals from him/Jovic being very possible and putting us up sh*t creek BUT it is in our hands. 2 wins please Chelsea and we will be all but set.

7 hours ago, chi blue said:

I've heard 15k Frankfurt coming, so our support best be up for this, or we could be embarrassedd like gooners when cologne came last season. 

Embarrassed it is!

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Embarrassed it is!

Sadly and predictably we will be, as if that would of happened in the 80's when I first started going. O well best join in with the new type of fan, I will be wearing face paint, full kit and waving great big sponge hands on Thursday night!! I 'll give it test run this Sunday.

24 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Sadly and predictably we will be, as if that would of happened in the 80's when I first started going. O well best join in with the new type of fan, I will be wearing face paint, full kit and waving great big sponge hands on Thursday night!! I 'll give it test run this Sunday.

Just sit down, shut up and clap politely (not too vigorously, you'll startle the home fans).