coco

Chelsea vs Watford (PL) Sun 5th May 14:00 GMT

1 minute ago, Zeta said:

Hazard - 6.5/10 - Quiet, tried to do everything himself too many times, though he didn't have much movement around him.

Little harsh.  He did get two assists.

Just now, Michael said:

It's weird to think we could be the 3rd best team of the season, haha.

Spurs lack of signings this season caught up with them. 

Crazy they’ve lost 13 games this season. If they continue to be so stingy with their incoming signings if they lose Alderweireld and Eriksen in the summer I think they’ll struggle next year. 

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Higuain wouldn't have got into the positions to score them though. If he had taken those types of positions with us, he would have more goals by now.

And Giroud wouldn't of scored that Beaut from Higgy, there both slow, but higuains brian is quicker at seeing an opportunity.

Posted (edited)

For once, we actually capitalise on our opponents' slip ups. 

I don't expect Arsenal to drop points versus Brighton, so we had better not choke versus Leicester. 

RE Gary Cahill - a sterling servant of our great club for over 7 years. He'll always be remembered for his bravery and last-ditch tackles. I wish him well wherever he goes (maybe Sheffield United, or Aston Villa should they get promoted?). 

EDIT: We've officially bettered our 2017-18 points total. Not that it means much, but better than nothing. 

Edited by DaRick

1 minute ago, DaRick said:

For once, we actually capitalise on our opponent's slip ups. 

I don't expect Arsenal to drop points versus Brighton, so we had better not choke versus Leicester. 

I didn't expect United to drop points against Huddersfield, so you never know.

11 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Much better second half. If we could just play with some of that urgency and intensity we did at the start of the half more often, we'd do a lot better.

Kepa - 6.5/10 - Not a lot to do, but made one good save
Alonso - 4/10 - Slow...so slow. Always looks to stop and pass it back or inside.
Luiz - 6/10 - Struggled in the air, but got an important goal and grew into the game
Christensen - 6.5/10 - Struggled with the physicality of Deeney, but grew into the game and played well
Jorginho - 6/10 - Some good moments of nice passes and touches, offset by some ones of sloppy give-aways and awful defending. So standard really.
Kante - N/A
Kovacic - 6/10 - Few good tackles. Don't remember much else. Standard from him as well.
Hazard - 6.5/10 - Quiet, tried to do everything himself too many times, though he didn't have much movement around him.
Higuain - 2.5/10 - Goal aside, he was really poor. Always giving it away, winning nothing in the air, sluggish and uninterested in closing down.

Subs:

Loftus-Cheek - 7.5/10 - A few sloppy passes, but lots of driving runs, lots of nice balls through, good goal. Played really well overall.
Giroud - 3/10 - Just hit the target, man.
Cahill - 6/10 

6.5 /10 for a brilliant save?  Damn, you are a hard grader.

4 minutes ago, DaRick said:

For once, we actually capitalise on our opponents' slip ups. 

RE Gary Cahill - a sterling servant of our great club for over 7 years. He'll always be remembered for his bravery and last-ditch tackles. I wish him well wherever he goes (maybe Sheffield United, or Aston Villa should they get promoted?). 

Arsenal are away to Burnley on the last day the worst club to play when you need points bunch of thugs

Posted (edited)

How good was Ruben today, has really added some grit to his game, put in a lot of tackles as well as carrying the ball so well. Some good performances second half, a noticeable lift in determination and tenacity in the tackles allowed us to then play better football. Thought the much maligned Higuain and Kovacic we’re both better today. Alonso didn’t stink. Was nice not having the frustrating presence of Willian on the pitch, Pedro was quiet first half but part of the improved 2nd, has found a bit of form again after looking awful a few weeks ago. I can smell the champions league, if Brighton can nick a draw we’re there.

Edited by mickydroysleftpeg

Great 2nd half and now back in 3rd - factor in manure draw at Huddersfield Chelsea are in a strong position for Champions League football next season

2 minutes ago, mickydroysleftpeg said:

How good was Ruben today, has really added some grit to his game, put in a lot of tackles as well as carrying the ball so well. Some good performances second half, a noticeable lift in determination and tenacity in the tackles allowed us to then play better football. Thought the much maligned Higuain and Kovacic we’re both better today. Alonso didn’t stink. Was nice not having the frustrating prescience of Willian on the pitch, Pedro was quiet first half but part of the improved 2nd, has found a bit of form again after looking awful a few weeks ago. I can smell the champions league, if Brighton can nick a draw we’re there.

RLC is amazing, he should go forward much more often he's a great threat both in air and with his feet. 

Turned out to be a good game today, I don't know if it was Sarri's intentions but insisting on playing the ball out from defence dangerously had Watford wwear themselves out in the first half which made it so much easier for us in the 2nd.

Fair play to Sarri to let Gaz come on as well for his final home game.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

If Hazard's head isn't in the right place, then what about the rest of them? Hazard's still by far our most consistent player.

didn't mean anything bad but he's been loosing the ball more often than usually. and yes without him on the pitch there's no chelsea we know.

Edited by mojo

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, coco said:

I try to not get emotional about players these days, but i had a tear in my eye for Gary Cahill when he came on.

I liked the huge cheer he got when he immediately made that towering defensive header clearance ... 🙂

Edited by Sexyfootball

12 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Arsenal are away to Burnley on the last day the worst club to play when you need points bunch of thugs

True, Arsenal's away record is also as bad as ours, without checking closely.

Even Tottenham aren't guaranteed a win against Everton - Everton have picked up some recent form whereas Tottenham's PL form has looked awful as of late.