coco

Chelsea vs Watford (PL) Sun 5th May 14:00 GMT

6 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

So the elephant in the room ... is our midfield better without Kante ?  ?

good question. RLC was impressive today and his strength seemed to take pressure off the other 2 in midfield. problem all season has been playing Kante out of his natural position which exposes Kovacic and Jorginho  

1 minute ago, DaRick said:

True, Arsenal's away record is also as bad as ours, without checking closely.

Even Tottenham aren't guaranteed a win against Everton - Everton have picked up some recent form whereas Tottenham's PL form has looked awful as of late. 

Son and Kane out as well. It's good that we have it in our hands but also some lifelines.

11 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Turned out to be a good game today, I don't know if it was Sarri's intentions but insisting on playing the ball out from defence dangerously had Watford wwear themselves out in the first half which made it so much easier for us in the 2nd.

Fair play to Sarri to let Gaz come on as well for his final home game.

That's one of the key components of his philosophy. Sucking the opponent in and playing it round them with quick passes. 

What a day. Top 4 is in our hands and we are somehow above Spurs. I remember a few weeks ago when that looked impossible. How football changes is amazing. Big credit to Sarri for motivating the team second half who were booed of at half time and considering Kante went off injured too. Clean sheet too which we haven't recorded for a while. Emphatic victory as well which helps the GD because depending on circs with Arsenal's match a draw might be enough to get us top 3/4. All the ups and down this season and we are so close to having a great season. It is amazing how RLC has forced himself in the first team reckoning. Adding goals to his game now too and really becoming all round midfielder. Can enjoy my bank holiday weekend knowing we are 3rd. Love it :bluescalf:

11 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Turned out to be a good game today, I don't know if it was Sarri's intentions but insisting on playing the ball out from defence dangerously had Watford wwear themselves out in the first half which made it so much easier for us in the 2nd.

Fair play to Sarri to let Gaz come on as well for his final home game.

That's one of the key components of his philosophy. Sucking the opponent in and playing it round them with quick passes. 

Posted (edited)

Higuain was slow and lacked precision most of the game but when it came to finishing he is always a menace, he moved a lot between their defense and won the position many times. The first ones his shot was always blocked in time by the defenders, his first real goal opportunity came with a great shot magnificently saved by the goalkeeper. The second real opportunity ended with a great finish (a trademark finishing). He's still slow for the rhytm of PL but i'm confident that he will improve a lot with a good preseason with the team, it's only his first PL experience.

Edited by Upb78

33 minutes ago, Upb78 said:

Higuain was slow and lacked precision most of the game but when it came to finishing he is always a menace, he moved a lot between their defense and won the position many times. The first ones his shot was always blocked in time by the defenders, his first real goal opportunity came with a great shot magnificently saved by the goalkeeper. The second real opportunity ended with a great finish (a trademark finishing). He's still slow for the rhytm of PL but i'm confident that he will improve a lot with a good preseason with the team, it's only his first PL experience.

I don't want him even if we have the transfer ban overturned. He took his goal well, but his performance overall was poor, as are pretty much all of his performances. He's too slow for this league, pre season won't make any difference. He's not going to suddenly turn into the striker he was a few seasons ago, he's past his peak now.

16 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

18 more minutes of this if the score doesn’t change we are in the CL 

3 MORE MINUTES OF INJURY TIME.. OMG BRIGHTON JUST BLEW A COUNTER ATTACK

3 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Could be confirmed in the Top 4 today LOL.

If we hold on to beat Watford, and Huddersfield can hang on for the United draw, then if Brighton can hold Arse later on, then I think we'd be home !

You heard it first on page 11 of this thread LOL ?