coco

Chelsea vs Eintracht Frankfurt (EL) Thur 9th May 20:00 GMT

over 2 weeks between the last league game and the final - it'll be interesting to see how that effects the team. we've no momentum really so at least we can't lose that! 

but it can't be that easy to be ready for a final when you've had no competitive football for 2 weeks

Yeeesss. Well done boys but don't rest on your laurels. This team, manager and players, seriously needs to man up and show some heart for that final or we're gonna be embarrassed

Just now, carrickblue said:

over 2 weeks between the last league game and the final - it'll be interesting to see how that effects the team. we've no momentum really so at least we can't lose that! 

but it can't be that easy to be ready for a final when you've had no competitive football for 2 weeks

Knowing this fking club they'll send them to China on a tour.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Totally agree, and our recent performances against Arsenal have been very poor more often than not. I would love to say that there is no chance that we don't show up for that game, but it's happened before, the F.A cup final against them two years ago was a shocking performance.

Our first 25 mins back in August were the best we played all year. We were fantastic.

Just now, WalterWhiteCFC said:

He has been excellent recently started slow tonight but had a great game far from a wind up 

I am sorry, if you honestly think he "had a great game" we obviously benchmark player performances completely differently. 

Just now, Backbiter said:

Our first 25 mins back in August were the best we played all year. We were fantastic.

25 mins out of 90 probably defines our season.

Just now, Backbiter said:

That's the game where we were defensively torn apart by simple cut-backs and Arsenal kept missing sitters, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

Same for Arsenal of course ... ?

Special mention must go to kepa.

he seems to be improving and is turning into a very good penalty saver

1 minute ago, Zeta said:

That's the game where we were defensively torn apart by simple cut-backs and Arsenal kept missing sitters, isn't it?

Yes. But we started brilliantly ?

Just now, carrickblue said:

London to Baku return flights currently £800 

If you watched 'Race Across the World' last month on BBC2 they did it far cheaper via coach and rail.

58 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

They’re both not good enough. I don’t think anyone can/should debate that. Usually Giroud brings the best out of Eden though

of course I'm not gonna argue that Higuain isn't good enough as well, but he was absolutely berated after the United game, yet not the same reaction was seen when Giroud put in similar performance few days later in the first leg of the semi.

and personally, I think the whole "Giroud links up better" & "Giroud brings the best of Hazard" is overstated tbh, people say that because a few nice goals between them earlier in the season, but oftentimes Giroud playing has no effect on Hazard like we witnessed today. just my two cents though

Fuck me - that was exhausting - I need one of the gaffer's cigarettes -  to be honest I rather lose to Eintracht than to le arse would hate to hear the smack talk if we lose in Baku