coco

Chelsea vs Eintracht Frankfurt (EL) Thur 9th May 20:00 GMT

Kepa - 9/10 - Made some important saves and stopped 2 pens. 
Emerson - 7/10 - Showed good energy up and down the left. Disappointing end product, but there is never anyone to hit in the box anyway.
Luiz - 5/10 - Made an important goal line clearance and upper his game in extra time, but that mistake for their goal was awful and he kept going walkabout up to the left wing and then not getting back when they countered
Christensen - 6/10 - Generally solid.
Azpilicueta - 6/10 - Good defensively, but doesn't offer much going forward.
Jorginho - 6/10 - Hot and cold again. Some excellent passing moves, some good tackles, some lightweight attempts to win the ball, some piss-poor passes.
Kovacic - 3.5/10 - Some awful passing and lucky to not be sent off. Did very little as the game progressed. Madrid can have him back
Loftus-Cheek - 8/10 - A few misplaced passes, but strong and quick through the middle and took his goal really well
Hazard - 6/10 - Good pass for the goal and stepped up with the winning pen, but otherwise quiet. Hopefully saving himself for the final.
Giroud - 5/10 - I can't really remember him doing anything at all
Willian - 4/10 - Poor, even by his standards

Subs:

Pedro - 3.5/10 - Didn't think he could possibly play worse than Willian. Boy was I wrong.
Zappacosta - 6.5/10 - Offers much more threat going forward and has a decent shot on him. Having not played much this season, though he did well when called upon.
Barkley - 6.5/10 - Willing to have a go at goal, which is a rarity in this team.
Higuain - 4/10 - Not on long but still managed to disappoint. And as usual, despite being a striker, he bottles taking a penalty.

Manager:

Sarri - 6/10 - Lucky.

That was never in doubt, never in doubt at all. 😅

Hazard you sexy Bastard, Kepa f**king legend.

Time to get completely wasted, I'm half way there already 

COME ON CHELSEA!!!!

Oh, so much feelings towards this final, especially the date. The worst date for me, personally. And I agree, if we play like anything today, nothing good's coming but I really hope our boys will make us proud and bring the trophy home, and bring me some joy. KTBFFH!

2 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

I think that when we look back at the highlights tonight and these were a couple of decent saves from Kepa, a Sideshow clearance off the line and the same from Zappa, followed by Kepa in a penalty shootout, there can be no glossing over this performance.

Yes, Jorginho kept us moving but his care of the ball, (along with all of the other players tbf) on a number of occasions was criminal.

RLC in the frst half showed some purpose but i fail to see any singer player can come out of this match with credit.

We're in a European final, celebrate a little! Frankfurt are no pushovers. I can agree there weren't any 'stellar' performances, and plenty of individual mistakes, but that team performance just won us a semi final. Every one of them deserves credit.

Tough game. Good first half, then conceded a really poor goal, and struggled to get the initiative back after that. 

Anyway, business end of the season, dont give 2 f**ks about the perfomance, we got the job done in the end. Let's get the job done in the final. 

9 minutes ago, bluedave said:

Really?

Willian for Pedro was expected. Willian wasn't having a good game.

Christensen was injured, and Zappacosta had a positive impact when he came on and kept us in the game with his goal-line clearance.

Barkley for RLC - don't know the exact reason but RLC faded in the second half so it's likely his fitness was a concern yet again, and Barkley also had a positive impact.

Giroud for Higuain - Another expected substitution, Giroud had a bad game and needed to go off.

Well said, people just like to nit pick at anything Sarri does. Willian has had his worst season in a Chelsea shirt, i was surprised he started. Im pretty sure Pedro will start the final.

5 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

That was painful to watch, Sarri I saw clearly out of his depth. His subs were terrible tonight.

Which subs would you have made ?

7 minutes ago, Jezq8 said:

This may sound insane.

but I wouldn’t mind seeing zappacosta as RB and azbi at CB.

zappa has pace and can shoot and cross better.

Or Dave goes back to left back ... the fact Azpi is more defensive by nature can compensate for Hazard not tracking back on that side 🙂

1 minute ago, Jezq8 said:

This may sound insane.

but I wouldn’t mind seeing zappacosta as RB and azbi at CB.

zappa has pace and can shoot and cross better.

Every single one of his crosses failed to beat the first man, Zappacosta can run but he's bang average at everything else.

Azpilicueta's crossing isn't great, but he put two very good balls into the box and no players got onto them. This is largely down to Sarri's tactics. We can have the best full backs in the world and they would struggle to pick out a Chelsea player. We have a striker vs every defender, add Loftus-Cheek if he is starting and that's it. The delivery of our full backs is poor, but even if it wasn't, then they would still struggle to create anything. I also don't like Azpilicueta at CB in this role, if we are playing a back 3 then that is fine, but not when we are playing two CB's.

1 minute ago, coco said:

Which subs would you have made ?

I'd have substituted Sarri for someone who knows what he's doing, but I guess it's a bit late in the season for that. 😀

5 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Well said, people just like to nit pick at anything Sarri does. Willian has had his worst season in a Chelsea shirt, i was surprised he started. Im pretty sure Pedro will start the final.

I also was surprised and if i had been Pedro, having scored in teh first leg i would have been pi$$ed off to be benched. That said he was pretty woeful when he did come on.

Reuben has been playing well and scoring because he has been managed well this season. He hasn't been over worked or left on the pitch for too long. If he was no doubt he would have got injured and been out for weeks or months.