coco

Chelsea vs Eintracht Frankfurt (EL) Thur 9th May 20:00 GMT

13 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Kepa - 9/10 - Made some important saves and stopped 2 pens. 
Emerson - 7/10 - Showed good energy up and down the left. Disappointing end product, but there is never anyone to hit in the box anyway.
Luiz - 5/10 - Made an important goal line clearance and upper his game in extra time, but that mistake for their goal was awful and he kept going walkabout up to the left wing and then not getting back when they countered
Christensen - 6/10 - Generally solid.
Azpilicueta - 6/10 - Good defensively, but doesn't offer much going forward.
Jorginho - 6/10 - Hot and cold again. Some excellent passing moves, some good tackles, some lightweight attempts to win the ball, some piss-poor passes.
Kovacic - 3.5/10 - Some awful passing and lucky to not be sent off. Did very little as the game progressed. Madrid can have him back
Loftus-Cheek - 8/10 - A few misplaced passes, but strong and quick through the middle and took his goal really well
Hazard - 6/10 - Good pass for the goal and stepped up with the winning pen, but otherwise quiet. Hopefully saving himself for the final.
Giroud - 5/10 - I can't really remember him doing anything at all
Willian - 4/10 - Poor, even by his standards

Subs:

Pedro - 3.5/10 - Didn't think he could possibly play worse than Willian. Boy was I wrong.
Zappacosta - 6.5/10 - Offers much more threat going forward and has a decent shot on him. Having not played much this season, though he did well when called upon.
Barkley - 6.5/10 - Willing to have a go at goal, which is a rarity in this team.
Higuain - 4/10 - Not on long but still managed to disappoint. And as usual, despite being a striker, he bottles taking a penalty.

Manager:

Sarri - 6/10 - Lucky.

Higuain was nowhere near that good

Just now, WhiteWall said:

I also was surprised and if i had been Pedro, having scored in teh first leg i would have been pi$$ed off to be benched. That said he was pretty woeful when he did come on.

I know he was but id still rather have a woeful Pedro than a woeful Willian. A woeful Pedro is much more a goal threat, his work rate is much better plus he doesn't sulk by throwing his arms in the air when something doesn't go his way.

Just now, WhiteWall said:

I also was surprised and if i had been Pedro, having scored in teh first leg i would have been pi$$ed off to be benched. That said he was pretty woeful when he did come on.

Pedro is more often than not a really poor sub. Willian is usually the one I prefer to come off the bench. With the way we dominated the first half, I would have fancied Pedro to get a goal. 

That Zappacosta save off the line was brilliant.  Just watch as he tracks back to the right side of the goal after seeing that the ball is going to another location, and lo-and-behold, he is in the right position to clear the ball off the line. Shows smarts that most of our other defenders do not have.

1 minute ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

52FE194E-9798-4627-AB4A-0E9ED236FD3B.jpeg

I'm convinced it's one of his weird superstitions. Like never touching the ball. It is weird/a bit sad he never goes out to celebrate though

Just now, jack_super_class said:

I know he was but id still rather have a woeful Pedro than a woeful Willian. A woeful Pedro is much more a goal threat, his work rate is much better plus he doesn't sulk by throwing his arms in the air when something doesn't go his way.

Spot on.

Just now, rtwelch said:

I'm convinced it's one of his weird superstitions. Like never touching the ball. It is weird/a bit sad he never goes out to celebrate though

If this was a thing that only happened in a cup competition then fair enough but he does it a lot. I think there’s a huge disconnect with him and the players.

And didn't Zappacosta come on for Christensen?  If so, he played better than any of our other players, and has a real nice shot on him.

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

Loftus was injured

I thought so - I saw RLC pointed to his hammie when he went off & spoke with Don Maurizio 

Spot on.

33 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Knowing this fking club they'll send them to China on a tour.

lmao haven't you heard? we're having a friendly in the USA before the final

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

Loftus was injured

I thought so - I saw RLC pointed to his hammie when he went off & spoke with Don Maurizio 

Spot on.

4 minutes ago, abramovich said:

I'd have substituted Sarri for someone who knows what he's doing, but I guess it's a bit late in the season for that. 😀

I'm gonna bite.

Top 4, two finals, massive change in playing style.

Absolutely a work in progress, there's been mistakes and there's been ups and downs in progress, but considering the squad we have and where we were last year, this has been a decent season.

I'm maybe in the minority but I think he's had a promising start, and I'm looking forward to next season. Maybe just on a semi-final win high? I'm happy.

33 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Knowing this fking club they'll send them to China on a tour.

3 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

If this was a thing that only happened in a cup competition then fair enough but he does it a lot. I think there’s a huge disconnect with him and the players.

Yeah odd isn't it. That's what I mean i've never seen him step foot past the lines of the pitch and have read about his many superstitions. 

Just now, magichat said:

That is bizarre, but the final is so late on, 17 days after our final PL match. Might help to keep us fit but of course it is ideal to play in England.

3 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

Yeah odd isn't it. That's what I mean i've never seen him step foot past the lines of the pitch and have read about his many superstitions. 

Kinda funny he has them when he’s won F all really 😂

Frankfurt are a decent side. They beat Inter and Benfica after playing the latter with 10 men for more than a half away. They have a good defense and attack.

They would have given Arsenal a game had the shootout gone their way. Unlike Valencia who were useless both games.

Big Petr ends his career against us. It is written in the stars either he or his favorite team end the season with a winners medal.

Well done lads, all that matters is we got there. We can worry about Arsenal another day. 

Sarri went straight down the tunnel like in some previous games. Not sure if it's because he's a bit moody or because he has work to do straight after