Sign in to follow this  
Nibs

Danny Baker Sacked by BBC (Again!)

36 minutes ago, Dixons said:

I used to enjoy listening to his radio shows but haven't tuned in for a few years now. Anyone who knows anything about him will know how much he hates racists and racism. He's a bright guy and in this day and age he should have thought a bit more carefully before posting the picture. I would have liked to have seen Danny throw this back at these moral nazis and ask them why they think of a black person when they see a chimp??? Danny Baker doesn't!!!

Maybe you should first ask yourself why neo-Nazis on the terraces have seen fit down the years to make monkey noises and throw bananas at black players. And then maybe you'll get your thinking the right way around.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Maybe you should first ask yourself why neo-Nazis on the terraces have seen fit down the years to make monkey noises and throw bananas at black players. And then maybe you'll get your thinking the right way around.

Because Nazis, Neo Nazis or whatever name they go by SEE black people as sub-human and closer to monkey's than humans.  Danny Baker doesn't have a racist bone in his body! Again, so when he sees a Chimp he doesn't think chimp & black person. It's those who see a chimp and associate them with black people who need to have a good look at themselves, not those who don't!                                                                                                    

Edited by Dixons

I'm a big fan of Danny Baker and agree he's no racist, but it's pretty clear where the association of black people and  monkeys comes from, and it isn't from those you label 'moral Nazis. DB was an idiot for making that weird image. I'm really sorry he's lost his job at the BBC, but he can't really complain about the consequences of his actions.

He's too good at what he does to be out of work for long. Once the dust has settled he'll be back doing his stuff somewhere (although he probably doesn't need to work to be honest).

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

He's too good at what he does to be out of work for long. Once the dust has settled he'll be back doing his stuff somewhere (although he probably doesn't need to work to be honest).

That might have been true 20 years ago but no one's going to be in a hurry to hire a 60 year old who's caused a media storm about racist tweets. I'm not a royalist in the slightest but comparing a new born baby to a monkey whatever their background is hardly biting satire.

12 hours ago, bluehaze said:

That might have been true 20 years ago but no one's going to be in a hurry to hire a 60 year old who's caused a media storm about racist tweets. I'm not a royalist in the slightest but comparing a new born baby to a monkey whatever their background is hardly biting satire.

Sure he made a bad judgment but many would understand what he meant whereas others just like to act outraged and wave the racist banner.

He's lucky to be in the comfortable position where he can accept offers if they do come but he doesn't need to work and will make money from writing anyway.

14 hours ago, bluehaze said:

You need to look past this one incident, he has ran with that kind of picture and royal occurrences for years, it was nothing to do with being racist at all, but nowadays nuance and logic is thrown out the window as everyone competes to be the most outraged on social media to show just how amazing they are. 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Backbiter said:

I'm a big fan of Danny Baker and agree he's no racist, but it's pretty clear where the association of black people and  monkeys comes from, and it isn't from those you label 'moral Nazis. DB was an idiot for making that weird image. I'm really sorry he's lost his job at the BBC, but he can't really complain about the consequences of his actions.

I didn't say the association came from the moral Nazis. I was just having a go at them for them once again looking to ruin  someones life or career for merely saying or doing somthing they see as politically incorrect or offensive.  In the news yesterday, one man has been taken to court because he refuses to address a 6ft 6  man, with a beard, as "madam".  This kind crap has got way out of hand. It's no longer even about equality for all, which is something most decent people want. They have actually become the narrow minded, intollerent extremists.

Edited by Dixons

17 hours ago, bluehaze said:

I'm also not a royalist and didn't find the picture funny either. What gets me is the baby isn't even a black baby. It's 75% white.                                                 

6 hours ago, dkw said:

You need to look past this one incident, he has ran with that kind of picture and royal occurrences for years, it was nothing to do with being racist at all, but nowadays nuance and logic is thrown out the window as everyone competes to be the most outraged on social media to show just how amazing they are. 

I'm not saying Danny Baker is racist I'm saying that someone who writes comedy for a living as a scriptwriter etc should come up with something better than comparing a baby to a monkey it's setting the bar pretty low. He didn't come out of it well almost to the point of indifference. He doesn't seem to take criticism very well his GLR meltdown was proof of that, I did like 606 at the beginning but he was only doing what the likes of When Saturday Comes and football fanzines including our very own and brilliant Chelsea Independent had started a few years previous.