coco

Leicester City vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 12th May 15:00 GMT

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Stim said:

Luckiest team in history has lucked their way into third!

The table does not lie, ducking moan fest in here, looking forward to Europa final, time to bring some of the young guns back for next season, john neals blue army.

Edited by cricklewood blues

Thank f**k that this season is over...the football overall has been horrible to watch, I'm still scratching my head how we managed to get a top 4 spot, although the teams around us have been thankfully and surprisingly poorer than us.  We are miles off City and Liverpool but I'm sure the Board fail to see that with the players that they have bought in this year.  A big 'F' for the Board, and an 'F+' for the manager, both should be dispensed with in the off season together with half of the first team squad whether we win the Europa League or not.   I would gladly suffer a mid-table position and see the kids play with heart and passion than this lot we watched today and for most of the season.  

Just now, Dean said:

Quite a strong league though, no?

Oh yeah definitely. One of the best if not the best I've seen in terms of overall quality. The fact that it's all English teams in both European finals shows that.

3 minutes ago, goose said:

Don’t know if anyone has heard but Liverpool’s 97 points is the highest of a second place team, enough to usually win the league. Stop going on about it you arsehole commentators, second is second is f**king second. 30 years without winning the league. f**k them.

Exactly!

And let’s not forget at the start of the year they was 7 points clear at the top.

Bottlers.

That game didn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know. 

Some glimpses of quality throughout the game but ultimately we’re lacking a cutting edge in the final third and our strikers are pants. 

Still, finished third, wouldn’t have thought that possible after the hefty loses to City and Bournemouth at the start of the year so got to be happy with that. 

Can anyone remind me how many Premier league titles Liverpool have won? 😆 That has made my season right there.

14 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Pedro has been completely useless today.  Misplacing passes all over the place and wayward shots.

Mind-blowingly awful today. One of the most exasperating players we've ever had. 

Can't believe we've finished third. We've barely put together one genuinely good performance all season. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gonzo said:

Oh yeah definitely. One of the best if not the best I've seen in terms of overall quality. The fact that it's all English teams in both European finals shows that.

But in that case it’s more that Liverpool and City have been outstanding than the next three or four have been poor? Ie finishing third still pretty good...?

0-0 finisher. Oh, well, finished third and ahead of Spurs, who finished 3-2-7 in their final 12 PL matches by the way (11 out of possible 36 points!), and Arsenal.

Team played a marathon 120+ minutes less than 72 hours before kickoff, with most of the same players in this one, so I cannot be too hard on the result. There were a good 4 opportunities that went begging, so we had our chances.

We know some players need to be moved out, primarily Higuain.

We know we should really look at our younger players and get them in the mix, now may be the time to get Batshauyi and Abraham back at the Bridge.

We beat City at home this year, should have beaten Liverpool as well. Beat Spurs at home and eliminated them from the league cup. Lost a couple we should not have. Finished with TWO more points than last year, so similar season, but yet felt better, I guess because we were not coming off the title. I have not been overwhelmed with Sarri, but if we are to have a transfer ban this summer, might as well keep him one more year.

Let’s put it all together on the 29th in Baku and win a trophy to end the year!

Come on you Chelsea!!

9 minutes ago, Dean said:

Um, so you’re basically proving my point? Which is that the initial surge under Solskjaer skew the data somewhat?

Well sure, if we are supposed to just accept that we ourselves can't put a string of wins together? Or is it an automatic thing that United catch up to us the minute they go on run?

Facts are that OGS has done better than Sarri since december. And United-fans already want him out so that should tell you something about how poor Sarri has done.

Just now, Dean said:

But in that case it’s more that Liverpool and City have been outstanding than the next three or four have been poor? Ie finishing third still pretty good...?

Well they are both really good sides, on a different level from the rest. 

But I do think the rest are average. Our side, Arsenal's and United are all probably the worst we've had in years. But then teams like Wolves, Everton, Leicester etc are all closer to our level than they have been in years.

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

Well sure, if we are supposed to just accept that we ourselves can't put a string of wins together? Or is it an automatic thing that United catch up to us the minute they go on run?

Facts are that OGS has done better than Sarri since december. And United-fans already want him out so that should tell you something about how poor Sarri has done.

Lol. I give up. Good luck and a good evening to you.

2 minutes ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

Let’s put it all together on the 29th in Baku and win a trophy to end the year!

Come on you Chelsea!!

Yep agree with that. We all know Chelsea are better than this but we've finished 3rd and we need to get behind the boys for the Europa Final. Keep the Blue Flag Flying ☺

Ian Dennis

Radio 5 live senior football reporter at the Amex Stadium

"Liverpool's total of 97 points was good enough to win 116 of the previous 119 titles."

That moment a team knows even God hates them!

Ian Dennis

Radio 5 live senior football reporter at the Amex Stadium

"Liverpool's total of 97 points was good enough to win 116 of the previous 119 titles."

That moment a team knows even God hates them!

Best possible ending to a rollercoaster season. The football being played is questionable but it's hard to complain when finishing 3rd and having the EL final to look forward to.

Arsenal are so predictable...when nothing's on the line they finally win an away game in the league.

16 minutes ago, Dean said:

Not really. The number of games we’ve lost and drawn has been quite high by our standards and our goal difference is also way below the norm for us. If you forget using City or United as a reference and you use our own better seasons, then this has not been good. With our spending over the years, finishing fourth or above is something that should happen, not be considered an achievement. And getting to the final of the Europa League is good but, we’ve hardly had to play anyone we’ve ever heard of until the semi and even then we made bloody hard work of it.

Poor football, dodgy squad, dodgy manager but end of season looks ok as even now we’ve still got players that all but perhaps 3 or 4 other clubs would kill for.