coco

Chelsea vs Arsenal (EL FINAL) Wed 29th May 20:00 GMT

10 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

I would in no way describe sarri as petulant I think he has shown to have an excellent temperament.

Disagree with that. I think he’s shown a few times this season he’s not particularly in control of his emotions and gets distracted from the main focus when he’s angry/frustrated etc. 

Just now, ForeverCarefree said:

Disagree with that. I think he’s shown a few times this season he’s not particularly in control of his emotions and gets distracted from the main focus when he’s angry/frustrated etc. 

I can’t think of one other than kepa and to be fair the keeper took the piss.

Think back to when fergie booted a shoe at beckhams face, managers are passionate that’s why they are so invested.

I certainly don’t think he has a bad attitude.

When else are you thinking of? 

23 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

I can’t think of one other than kepa and to be fair the keeper took the piss.

Think back to when fergie booted a shoe at beckhams face, managers are passionate that’s why they are so invested.

I certainly don’t think he has a bad attitude.

When else are you thinking of? 

The Kepa incident being the main one. He lost control of his emotions and stormed off during a cup final and now he’s done it again on the eve of another final. 

When you need your manager to be leading by example he keeps going to bits, it’s bizarre. It’s not him having a bad attitude it’s him appearing to not know how to deal with conflict among the players. 

But throughout the season he’s been quite tetchy on the bench. He’s looked ready to boil over a few times. Not that that’s unique to him but when we see these incidents it’s concerning to me. 

The SAF, Beckham incident, that happened behind closed doors, not during a cup final. Not comparable to me. 

59 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I'll take your word for it, as I can't recognise either :blush2:

I can. The guy on the Far Left is Marcos Alonso. The Man with the Magic hat is in the middle. I don't know who the guy on the Far right is.

19 hours ago, dkw said:

Ive played on worse to be fair.....

Luxury pitch compared to pitches of my youth. :biggrin:

Could be worse, it could be a cinder pitch !!:mad:

Let's just get the agony of tonight and tomorrow over with and move onto summer, weather looks good this weekend. Regarding tonight, absoloutly no faith in our lot what so ever, as long as we don't get mullered.

43 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Let's just get the agony of tonight and tomorrow over with and move onto summer, weather looks good this weekend. Regarding tonight, absoloutly no faith in our lot what so ever, as long as we don't get mullered.

Come on Chi,cheer up mate.Match day.....COME ON YOU BLUES !

Posted (edited)

I used to look on and wish it was us in a European Final.

Back as a young Chelsea supporter, when teams such as Liverpool,Nottingham Forest, Ipswich Town, Villa  and Aberdeen (!) were in European Finals in the late 70s and late 80s.

Thank goodness I'm off work today, pre match nerves have kicked in since I wakened up !

Edited by erskblue

Local police and security stopping Arsenal fans with Mkhitaryan printed on the back on their shirts. 

If the mere sight of a player's name is a security concern then UEFA really do need to pull their head out of their arse and give some serious thought to where they reward future finals. 

Complete farce. 

I've been telling myself that I'm not too bothered about this game, and just want this weird season to be over, especially as things don't seem to be going our way out in Baku. But now that the day is here I am getting more and more nervous and excited.

I think watching and reading reports of the epic journeys of both sets of fans who have made their way there has perked me up.

Serious question this, Do we think if it goes to penalties will Sarri being like he is and try to make a point about changing keepers?

I should know better at my age, but I can’t help but be excited about tonight’s final.

We came close to winning the league cup and I really hope we can pull this off tonight. Another trophy, another triumph over a London club.

A win will certainly go some way to easing the gloom that is descending due to Saturday’s forthcoming UCL final.

Kante is apparently “definitely out” according to the media. 

The whole preparation seems like a joke and our performance will match. 

I really hope it’s not another meek performance from Sarri and the boys. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, tmarmsi said:

Serious question this, Do we think if it goes to penalties will Sarri being like he is and try to make a point about changing keepers?

Like he did against Frankfurt? Being like he is and all that.

Edited by Stim

Feel like it's going to be the FA cup final of 2 years all over again. Arsenal will just want it much more than our players and we'll roll over. Hopefully Hazard can have one last world class game though and save us, cos I don't see where else in this squad goals or craetivity are going to come from.

20 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Arsenal will just want it much more than our players and we'll roll over. 

Why?

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

Why?

We already in the CL and they need to win to get in so can see them being that bit more motivated, more at stake for them.

Don't think we'll roll over tho.

1 minute ago, Stim said:

We already in the CL and they need to win to get in so can see them being that bit more motivated, more at stake for them.

Don't think we'll roll over tho.

Its a final, I dont see how anyone can claim any set of players will want it more than the others, and then to say we will roll over? 

19 minutes ago, dkw said:

Why?

I agree with Dkw.

The people who write that Arsenal wants it more than us are just plain wrong; any professional playing in such an important match as a Europa Cup final wants to win it desperately, and to argue otherwise shows a profound ignorance as to the mindset of professional footballers (or professional athletes of any sport for that matter).