coco

Chelsea vs Arsenal (EL FINAL) Wed 29th May 20:00 GMT

Im pretty confident we will do the buisness tonight, i think it will be very tight though. 

Really want to win this, it will put us only 1 trophy behind arsenal aswell. 

Could be Hazard's last game, and it may even be sarri's. Hopefully we end the season on a high, as the next couple of years are shaping up to be difficult, lets enjoy these occasions, we have been spolit with how many finals weve reached in the last 25 years, who knows what the future holds.

Come on Chels!

Think both sets of players and managers will really want to win just as much as each other. Arsenal need it for CL, Emery for a first trophy there, Cech and Hazard as farewell gifts, Sarri for a first ever major trophy etc etc.

Both teams are pretty equal with our injuries depleting our midfield and defense. Arsenal have a huge edge up from with the main 2 though. While Hazard is key, even more so David Luiz and whoever is paired with him are more important imo. If they don't play a blinder it will be asking too much for Hazard to do it on his own.

I think we are pretty much evenly matched with Arsenal but am just trying to think where our goals are coming from.

Hazard is obviously a good shout but if we are relying on Giroud and Higuaín we could come up short. If those two do not score Pedro is probably the next best shout with Willian just behind. None of Barkley, Kovacic and Jorginho have scored anywhere near enough this season so lets hope Hazard has a dream game.

I'm sorry to be so negative but without Rudi we are weaker at the back and Luiz is...………. he's just Luiz and hopefully he has good game. It's a toss up between Emerson and Alonso but I suspect Alonso is more likely to score if we need someone to chip in from the back. I don't know who will be on the bench but it looks like Ampadu is training with the team so he could come on if we get into trouble at the back.

COYB!

Edited by Andy North

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Won 2 of our last 10 games against Arsenal apparently. Is this true? 

How many were drawn?

The whole build up to this game has been terrible. Injuries, players fighting amongst themselves (mainly Higuain), fans struggling to get to the game. I just hope there is something positive to take away from it.

In addition to winning silverware, the prospect of depriving Arsenal of a CL spot is salivating.

Huge match for the club. Would be a good way to end the season and hopefully Sarri can finally win some silverware.

Giroud hat trick tonight and for him to wildly celebrate every single goal.

Cech to announce after the game he’s returning to Chelsea as Sporting Director because he wants to be back at a club with a winning attitude.

Hazard to announce after lifting the trophy he’s signed a new 5 year contract and that he doesn’t want to sign for Madrid because their dressing room smells like wee.

Terry to run on the pitch during our trophy celebrations in full kit just because.

Gonna be in in Greece watching this flying the blue flag ::ChELSeAFaN:: my head's saying 3-0 to le arse but the missus says 3-0 to Chelsea...think I'll listen to the wife for once...:biggrin: KTBFFH!!

48 minutes ago, Brutos said:

I can imagine the meltdown that will happen in here tonight.

bro if Chelsea doesn't win in good enough fashion there will be people on here having a go at the club & refusing to celebrate

22 minutes ago, charierre said:

Why should there be a meltdown? We're going to win. Have confidence in the team.

Sometimes I think there are some people who want us to do badly so that they can proclaim to be taking some moral high ground because they don’t get angry... 

7 minutes ago, enigma said:

Higuain never played against arsenal this season, right? Much prefer him over Giroud. 

Giroud’s goals are one of the main reasons we are in the final, he deserves to start.

Plus Higuain is fat and useless and Giroud has better hair.

Edited by ForeverCarefree

When we played them last in Jan and lost 2-0 away, we dominated possession and territory, we had 3 shots on goal blocked, another hit the woodwork, no striker we started with a false 9. On that performance (not result) i think we have a great chance, look at the heat map for a bit of confidence.....

d.JPG