coco

Chelsea vs Arsenal (EL FINAL) Wed 29th May 20:00 GMT

I love that this club never accepts defeat when things are going wrong. Everything about this final was going badly for the club, our transfer ban, Hazard and Sarri's future being up in the air, an ill timed friendly in America which ended up with one of our key players picking up a serious injury, Rudiger still on crutches and Kante almost having a malfunction just before the final, and we still won the cup. 

The attitude to never give up has played a massive role in our success in the last decade. It's almost become our thing now.

1 hour ago, carrickblue said:

Sarri examining his medal - you can see how much that matters to him

I was one of the ones who lost faith in him in February. Had he have lost 2 finals his days were numbered. In my opinion now I believe he deserves another season to see if he can move things on.

Absolutely buzzing after the match, first half was dross but second half was a master class from us. Arsenal had their chances but we could have scored 6-7. For me the 5 standouts were Christensen, Kovacic, Pedro, Hazard and Giroud. 

Best of luck in Madrid to Eden, he was superb tonight and I know I’ve had my issues with him at times but he’s been a class player for us and the best In the PL right now.

Lastly F you UEFA for your treatment of the fans.

When I woke up at 5am to watch this game...I was not overly optimistic. But I was also weirdly calm about it. I think because we didn't have CL qualification on the line.

That said, I would have been a bitter mess if we'd gone on to lose. But we didn't...we won, and in doing so, doomed Arsenal some more...so it's all the sweeter.

Well done to the boys, and Sarri.