coco

Chelsea vs Arsenal (EL FINAL) Wed 29th May 20:00 GMT

Fantastic win and a great way to conclude the season. 

Absolutely delighted for our players and manager on producing a magnificent performance against a major rival. It's great that Sarri has broken his drought and finally has a trophy next to his name. It's a big monkey off his back and going forward it will only give more confidence and belief that he can have further success as a manager. 

I'm not going to lie, I was highly critical of Sarri back in February and wanted him gone but he's been able to steady the ship by getting us a top 4 spot and winning the Europa League. I think weighing everything up, he easily receives a pass mark and is worthy of another season if he wishes to stay with us.

Feels bittersweet hearing Hazard say he's most likely leaving this summer, and if this is the end, then I have nothing but gratitude for what he's produced for us in the last seven years. It's been a joy to watch him grow and have success with us. I think Chelsea will always be in his heart no matter what.

Great night and depriving Arsenal of a CL spot is the icing on the cake.

In a season where we had lots of lows, this is the perfect way to end it. We played like the Chelsea team of the old, defended well when under pressure, never lost composure, and took chances when arrived. We should have put a record score on them if not for some Cech's special saves, and didn't want embarrass them anymore in the last 15. Every player was good, Kante played where he probably wouldn't have, even not at his best  just being there gave the team so much confidence. Hazard saved his best to the last, only thing missing was a 50 yard solo goal to complete the hat trick. Whatever will happen to Hazard, Sarri and the transfer, we will put it on hold, let's enjoy this special win.?

Random thought has occurred to me, now we've won this one it means we're playing either the bin dippers or the spuds in the Super Cup next season. 

Chance for another trophy against English opposition.... Hopefully the venue is a little closer to home this time. 

Great result. Despite Hazardleaving and being irreplaceable I hope we can use the way we finished the season to build for next year. Congratulations to Sarri. I was impressed when he talked about Hazard the man as compared to Hazard the footballer. Hazard has great character, an honest player and never one to moan. I wish him all the best. I really hope Sarri stays. 

6 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Hopefully the venue is a little closer to home this time. 

Istanbul. Not great but still a bit more easily accessible!

5 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Random thought has occurred to me, now we've won this one it means we're playing either the bin dippers or the spuds in the Super Cup next season. 

Chance for another trophy against English opposition.... Hopefully the venue is a little closer to home this time. 

Istambul, in the Besiktas stadium.

6 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

The Super Cup is being played in Istanbul, Turkey next season.

Posted (edited)

truly this season has been beyond logic sometimes ... in march 10th, cfc were 6th and battered six nil vs city. 3 months later, cfc claim a 6th european trophy and secured 3rd place and a UCL spot for next season. that's chelsea for you : showing up to the occassion, and playing counter attack football to win big things. overall, a league cup final, UCL footy and the 2nd most successful english team in european football history. Not so bad for a club with no history ? ! Also, cfc have 5 to 6 times more (depends if you count the supercup) european trophies than le arse. and twice as much euro trophies than tottenham. Whether those mugs win or not, cfc will remain the first london club and english club to have won all european trophies and the first in london to have won the UCL. Say whatever you want, but despite not having as much history as others, cfc have a tendency to accumulate trophies lately (3 european trophies in the 2010's). I guess it ain't that bad for a club, according to sky sports and co, which has supposedly gone through crisis week in week out. Probably the only club in the world to have so much sihte thrown at it and still managing to clinch silverware eventually. A good thing imo as this club seems eager to win through adversity.

Edited by Londonisblue

ps : to further prove my point, here is a list of some of cfc trophies since 2012. 

2012: the UCL and FA cup double

2013 : won the UEL and became first english club to win all euro trophies (finished 3rd).

2014 : nothing but were in the title race until that draw at home against norwich and a UCL semifinal (finished 3rd).

2015 : the PL and LC double

2016 : well, we prevented spurs from winning the league

2017: won the PL (and prevented spurs from winning the league) and a FA cup final

2018: won the FA cup

2019: won the UEL (first team to win it undefeated) and a LC final (finished 3rd).

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Hopefully the venue is a little closer to home this time. 

I have it on good authority that apparently the Super Cup is being played in Istanbul but if anyone can confirm that would be great. 

1 hour ago, drjonesy1994 said:

Istanbul. Not great but still a bit more easily accessible!

1 hour ago, RMH said:

Istambul, in the Besiktas stadium.

1 hour ago, Jezz said:

The Super Cup is being played in Istanbul, Turkey next season.

2 hours ago, enigma said:

hhsn6no1sb131.jpg

So he does own a suit? Very nice. So happy for the man to finally win a trophy. Welcome to Chelsea. We will see how the attitude of many fans changes now that he has brought a European trophy to us. Of course that is if he stays here. I hope he does, I think he could do really good things here, but this is Chelsea and we know how Chelsea operate. Regardless, EUROPA LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!! OLE OLE OLE!!!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

It's in Istanbul this year, so not much better lol. Will be there though. 

Edit - Just realised I am the 47th person to have answered this question. 

Edited by buzzcfc

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Edited by Shug

One thing I'm proud of any Chelsea side is that we have the winning mentality that's always passed down from the old guard to the new ones. Here's to hoping the younger players will carry on this winning mentality regardless of any trophy.