coco

Chelsea vs Arsenal (EL FINAL) Wed 29th May 20:00 GMT

7 minutes ago, robdog said:

Hey @Boyne do you think The Lads are drinking Pilsner Urquell?

5cefa19587b353a8c8000001.png

It does look like Pilsner Urquell but I wonder if it's Heineken as they are one of UEFA's sponsors. Not sure if UEFA would want a non-sponsor's beer at one of their events given how fussy they are.

If it were me, I'd have the players drinking a single malt whisky or a fine beer like Timothy Taylor Landlord or an Imperial Russian Stout.

2 minutes ago, Boyne said:

It does look like Pilsner Urquell but I wonder if it's Heineken as they are one of UEFA's sponsors. Not sure if UEFA would want a non-sponsor's beer at one of their events given how fussy they are.

If it were me, I'd have the players drinking a single malt whisky or a fine beer like Timothy Taylor Landlord or an Imperial Russian Stout.

Naw bro, Arrogant Bastard Ale would be appropriate for the moment

stonearrogantbastardale22oz__85426.13606

wow what a night !! started terribly for me, thought i could watch it on BT utube, but what a surprise "not available in your country" f**kers !! i could of cried, slipped into depression then thought i would just go through every channel on our french free view box, and what do you know, a french channel had it on !! even though i had checked and read that there was no free view in france !! and what a game, they certainly turned up in the second half !! felt very happy for sari getting his first ever trophy with chelsea, best night since the CL win

4 minutes ago, luckywerthers said:

wow what a night !! started terribly for me, thought i could watch it on BT utube, but what a surprise "not available in your country" f**kers !! i could of cried, slipped into depression then thought i would just go through every channel on our french free view box, and what do you know, a french channel had it on !! even though i had checked and read that there was no free view in france !! and what a game, they certainly turned up in the second half !! felt very happy for sari getting his first ever trophy with chelsea, best night since the CL win

just goto YouTube & search for chelsea vs arsenal europa league final post match analysis - you can see loads of videos there

3 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

I just realised we exactly replicated the Benitez season of 2013 ?

We didnt get to the league Cup final under that prick, he ballsed it right up against Swansea. 

Last night's win gave Pedro a full set of FIFA and UEFA honours World Cup, Euro Championship, World Club Champion, Champions League, Europa League, UEFA Super Cup plus of course his domestic medals in Spain and England.

What a career - almost certainly never to be repeated.  

3 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Fabregas is definitely one of us now. He couldn’t stop smiling in the studio after the match.

Can’t blame him after the abuse they give him when he left.

arsenal fans have no class, he was their best player for many years. Look at the difference to Chelsea fans with Hazard going. All I’m reading on here is best wishes to Eden for the future and thanking him for what he has given us.

Olivier Giroud: 'I am the happiest man in the world'

After breaking the deadlock in Baku with a real centre-forward’s finish, Olivier Giroud spoke about finishing as the Europa League’s top scorer and his move to Chelsea paying off.

That it was Giroud who opened the scoring was fitting. Prior to kick-off no player had scored more goals than him in the competition this season; his magnificent header shortly after half-time not only separated the sides for the first time on the night, it also put him ahead of Luka Jovic as the Europa League’s top marksman in 2018/19.

‘I am proud of that,’ beamed Giroud.

‘I have had a lot of game-time in the Europa League this year and I always try to just step up and do my best for the team. I am the happiest man in the world.

‘It was a good cross from Emerson and I made a run to the front post. It was a nice header and I have to thank my team-mates for helping me to score those goal

Giroud admitted his goal in the Baku showpiece was made even more special because it came against his former club. In the 18 months he has spent at Chelsea since moving from the Emirates to Stamford Bridge, the Frenchman has won an FA Cup and now a Europa League, as well as starting every game for his nation in their victorious World Cup campaign last summer.

‘It was an improvement going from Arsenal to Chelsea and I knew I would have the opportunity to win some more trophies,’ Giroud said. ‘To win this Europa League one year after winning the World Cup is great for me.

‘I’m a Blue, a proper Blue. It’s a new chapter of my career and it was very special to score. I am so proud of this team.

‘I’m 32, nearly 33, but I feel like there is more and more to come. I am still hungry and I am looking forward to next year: playing in the Champions League and fighting for more titles.’

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/05/30/olivier-giroud---i-am-the-happiest-man-in-the-world--?cardIndex=0-0