Juan Nil

Who is your player of the year?

Hazard is the obvious choice but RLC has turned our season around for me. Despite coming into the team late in  the season he is my pick. I seriously think we would not have made top 4 if it wasnt for him.

4 hours ago, Nibs said:

Hazard is the ONLY pick for me. Never mind top 4, we'd struggle to be in top half of the table without Hazard.

That's not true, we would still be 6th at absolute worst.

Hazard.

But being the best player in a team doesn't mean he's the best team player, which would be Kante. He's the first name down every week for me, without him we are like two players down.

RLC has come on leaps and bound.

Hazard is a great talent yet not the best season by his standards for me despite a couple of incredible goals.

Emerson has improved.

Kepa is getting better too and showing his worth.

14 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

RLC has come on leaps and bound.

Hazard is a great talent yet not the best season by his standards for me despite a couple of incredible goals.

Emerson has improved.

Kepa is getting better too and showing his worth.

I'm not sure how you can say that when he has scored 19 goals and got 16 assists, it can be argued that this is his best season yet.

I don't know how anybody can argue that Hazard isn't the player of the season for us this season, there is no competition. Even the man of the match votes on here has him way out in front.

Edited by Scott Harris

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm not sure how you can say that when he has scored 19 goals and got 16 assists, it can be argued that this is his best season yet.

I don't know how anybody can argue that Hazard isn't the player of the season for us this season, there is no competition. Even the man of the match votes on here has him way out in front.

I don't get to see every match so more than likely missed a few where he has excelled but have seen a few this season where he made wrong options, miscued in front of goal and made me think he wasn't focussed. 

On 10/05/2019 at 16:43, Argo said:

That's not true, we would still be 6th at absolute worst.

In your opinion it's not true - in my opinion it is.

I certainly can't be arsed to work out how many points Hazard's goals & assist earned us but what I know for certain, when he isn't playing, and we start with Willian & Pedro we look worse than average. Without Hazard we are Everton, Wolves, Leicester etc. The thought of Hazard leaving but us starting next season with Willian & Pedro fills me with absolute dread.

17 minutes ago, Nibs said:

In your opinion it's not true - in my opinion it is.

I certainly can't be arsed to work out how many points Hazard's goals & assist earned us but what I know for certain, when he isn't playing, and we start with Willian & Pedro we look worse than average. Without Hazard we are Everton, Wolves, Leicester etc. The thought of Hazard leaving but us starting next season with Willian & Pedro fills me with absolute dread.

It's not as simple as chalking the goals off and adjusting the table accordingly, United's three in a row title teams would have shot outside of top four without CR7 by that logic, likewise our double winning side without Drogba.

Even our team without Hazard is better than some of the garbage teams Liverpool and Spurs had before Klopp and Pochettino yet they never fell to mid table, infact I would say that even our team without Eden is better than United.

It's all a moot point anyway as there's no way we will allow him to leave unless the ban gets a stay.

Notwithstanding Hazard's talent, I'll go for Kepa. Just a kid with that most expensive keeper in the world tag - it could have all gone pear shaped but he was good and will hopefully get better. A top goalie is an absolute essential for success.

Hazard for me. Even when he’s not at his best he occupies two opposition defenders.

Kante is our only other world class player and worked tirelessly as usual all season.

RLC showed glimpses of what to expect in the future and I’m hopeful for Kepa who had a strong seasons end.