Sign in to follow this  
chelseablueboy

USA bound for friendly !!!

58 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

That would have been fun, as those atmospheres would have been great.  Good time to enjoy sport in Boston.  The Sox & Patriots are reigning league champions, the Bruins are close.  We could have league champions in three of the four major sports all at the same time.  The Celtics blew a chance to join them.

Blew it by losing to the best team in the east!  Fear the deer.

1 minute ago, mwblue10 said:

Blew it by losing to the best team in the east!  Fear the deer.

Went cold after game 1.  Never adjusted.  Big bonding problems on this team.....

6 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

Went cold after game 1.  Never adjusted.  Big bonding problems on this team.....

wrong - The Greek Freak decided to Freakout!!!

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Boston Blue said:

Well, there is that.....You can't defend that guy when he's on.  Impossible...…..

If KD doesn't comeback, then Da Bucks will win the Title. You read it hear first!!!

6 minutes ago, robdog said:

If KD doesn't comeback, then Da Bucks will win the Title. You read it hear first!!!

I think they will win it for sure if KD doesn't come back, and if he does, it's still a toss up.

You have got to be f**king kidding me!?

On 14/05/2019 at 07:06, Scott Harris said:

I think the timing of this friendly is an absolute joke, there is no reason why it couldn't have waited until pre-season. It's needlessly risking injury. I know players can pick up injuries at any point, but why add an extra risk? 

Why am I not surprised that this exact thing has happened? This club in recent years has been a laughing stock, the decision making has been nothing short of embarrassing at times, this friendly is up there with the worst.

Sorry, but this has seriously pissed me off. To arrange a friendly in America two weeks before a major cup final is shambolic. The Europa League should trump everything, but because we value money over football, we have possibly lost our most in form player for not just the Europa League, but also the start of next f**king season too. Just f**k off.

I'm astonished that Loftus-Cheek would play in this game at all anyway. This is the guy that can't play every game because we need to manage his back problem, but here we are playing him in a stupid friendly right before a cup final. Seriously, what brainless idiot came up with that idea?

So yeah, well done Chelsea, well done for making the squad even weaker. It's not like our squad isn't already struggling with injuries to our key players right now. 

f**k it, I'm going to bed, hopefully I wake up and find out that it's not as serious as it looked.

watched the incident with RLC. His face said it all as he was carried off. He’s left on crutches this evening over here. Will be a big miss for CFC and a big result for the gooners tonight. FFS you couldn’t make it up this ineptitude.

The game was fun and I was impressed at the amount of support we gathered. Almost a full house at Gillette Stadium. Im a Patriots season T holder and I was impressed. I got a wave at the end from Luiz and thumbs up from Azpi for cheering out Capitano. Hazard waved at the crowd in the end while we were cheering him on to stay. I think he is off to Madrid after seeing that. The injury to RLC was a big disappointment and I was shocked to be honest when he was put on to play. 

35 minutes ago, Hazard STAY said:

The game was fun and I was impressed at the amount of support we gathered. Almost a full house at Gillette Stadium. Im a Patriots season T holder and I was impressed. I got a wave at the end from Luiz and thumbs up from Azpi for cheering out Capitano. Hazard waved at the crowd in the end while we were cheering him on to stay. I think he is off to Madrid after seeing that. The injury to RLC was a big disappointment and I was shocked to be honest when he was put on to play. 

Ruben looked bad. But he could have rolled his ankle in training. Or stepping off the curb. 

But the pitch was awful. You could see the seams where the sections of grass were put down. 

By the way, Roman was apparently in the suits.  

33 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

Ruben looked bad. But he could have rolled his ankle in training. Or stepping off the curb. 

But the pitch was awful. You could see the seams where the sections of grass were put down. 

By the way, Roman was apparently in the suits.  

He could have but he never, he injured it in an unnecessary game. I have no issue with us doing these American tours or charity supporting games but save it for pre season. Our season isn’t over and it was an incredibly stupid decision by Roman to sign off on this inbetween. The risk of injury in a competitive match is much higher than a training session. If we’re missing Kante & Loftus-Cheek for the final, we’re in big trouble.

Some of the decisions made by our club really do beg belief. 

WTF was a player with an injury record that RLC has, doing anywhere near that football pitch? Just find myself shaking my head more and more at all things Chelsea these days - who's meant to be running this club FFS?

Posted (edited)

f**king unbelievable. I dont even know what to say. As soon as we reached the Europa league final we should've sent a reserve team out that weren't going to feature against arsenal, and if it was indeed demanded of us to field a strong team then tell them to piss off because we have a more important trophy to win. Do these people actually think about what they're actually f**king doing, arranging a charity match when it was likely we would be playing a final on less than 2 weeks, a f**king 5 year old would have the sense not to put us on that position, and now because of our stupidity we're without one of our main attacking threats.

I give up. 

Edited by dynamite

This was a farce, a completely idiotic idea for a friendly when we have such a big game to come. If that wasn’t bad enough the morons who arranged this allowed our first team to go and play. 

It just smacks of amateur thinking from people who have little idea of how crucial these things can be.

Sadly it’s a trend that continues at our club, it’s laughable but then that’s what we are accustomed to now.

As I said, stupid idea that our director should have canceled or advised the owner to cancel in light of our EL final and existing injury issues, don’t all you smart arses look stupid now, that’s Ruben out.

What a director of football would have known is when players are exhausted their bodies are under stress and take longer to recover, hence kante got injured and the manager said he was to blame for playing him.

Long flights after a very busy season, it’s just begging for injuries, and he had to play our top players as it would be in the contracts they need a certain amount of Minutes......Imbeciles 

Who is running this club? Who is actually making these despairing decisions, seriously?! I am used to Chelsea being generally quite chaotic, but the decision to play a f**king charity game 2 weeks before a major European cup final, against our close rivals no less, has left me in genuine disbelief. I'm finding it hard to put into words how ridiculous this idea was.

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

Some of the decisions made by our club really do beg belief. 

WTF was a player with an injury record that RLC has, doing anywhere near that football pitch? Just find myself shaking my head more and more at all things Chelsea these days - who's meant to be running this club FFS?

Well that would be marina she is club director and should have advised the owner this was a stupid idea, now scroll back and look at the sh*t I got, first for referring to her as a woman because to me her name isn’t worth mentioning but second a great detail about how it wasn’t our director of footballs fault the owner arranged it, how we needed match fitness and all sorts of other nonsense.

Lets watch what arsenal do you can be rest assured they will be match fit and well rested instead of goofing about going charity matches half way across the world. 

Do they think the owner arranged, dates, contracts, who will play and who won’t...no that roll falls to our chief negotiator and director...Shame the vindication came at the cost of a key player before a final 

Just now, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Well that would be marina she is club director and should have advised the owner this was a stupid idea, now scroll back and look at the sh*t I got, first for referring to her as a woman because to me her name isn’t worth mentioning but second a great detail about how it wasn’t our director of footballs fault the owner arranged it, how we needed match fitness and all sorts of other nonsense.

Lets watch what arsenal do you can be rest assured they will be match fit and well rested instead of goofing about going charity matches half way across the world. 

Do they think the owner arranged, dates, contracts, who will play and who won’t...no that roll falls to our chief negotiator and director...Shame the vindication came at the cost of a key player before a final 

Dude, it was Roman.

1 minute ago, bisright1 said:

Dude, it was Roman.

Read what I wrote buddy, Roman arranged a charity match, he wouldn’t arrange dates and who has to get minutes and the contracts that’s marinas job.

In all cases the club had to advise the owner when things aren’t in the clubs interest if they strongly advise against it I doubt he will be unreasonable and proceed anyway.

The duty falls ultimately to our director,  she is also the one who negotiates our contracts from sponsors to player aqusition so rest assured she dealt with the contracts not Roman 

OK I thought this friendly was a bit later but 4 days after our last match? That was asking for it... we have another 13 day period with no game so how is that going to play on our fitness?

This was a very poor decision