Next Manager Poll

ForeverCarefree

Next Chelsea Manager  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be your choice for next Chelsea manager?

• Sir Frank Lampard
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Javi Gracia
    • Massimilano Allegri
    • Steve Holland
    • Patrick Viera
    • Other?

Looks like The Smokey One is as good as gone. 

And whilst the fag ash settles within the managers office at Cobham who do we think the next person to take the reigns at Chelsea?

I've listed the current 6 favourites, based on betting odds, for the job in the poll but feel free to throw in your other suggestions. 

Better for Franky not to take us now, he has done a good job with Derby and I believe he should continue in building the team. He needs that experience, I would love to see him in 2-3 years.

If Sarri is leaves, then I'm happy to bring Jose back. Call me crazy, but I'd take Jose any day, every manager can fail during his career, he has a part of Chelsea in his heart for sure and he can rebuild us.

Don't know enough about Ten Hag to offer an opinion yet think it will be SFL with Jody Morris due to the timing.... transfer ban looming.

Whether that is the right move for SFL just now might be academic, you normally take the chance when the offer is on the table as it might not come around again for some time.

On 04/06/2019 at 15:36, DannyVblue said:

I'm another one who'd like Ten Hag as manager if Sarri leaves.

If not Ten Hag it has to be someone who is going to start bringing our talented youth through. Lampard or Eddie Howe.

I think it'll be Lampard but that ten Hag is being touted by quite a few fans now.   If not Lampard though, i could see us getting Santo from Wolves

If we were serious about last summers 'long term strategy' then Ten Hag should be priority number 1. 

If the club want a safe pair of hands for a tricky period, then Allegri or Blanc would be my first choice. 

If the club want to gamble to try appease the fans, then i think Lampard or Mourinho will come in. 

I just want it sorting in the next 2 weeks. Give whoever comes in enough time to settle in the area, and plan preseason. 

Best case scenario: Lampard comes back, takes a youthful Chelsea on a meteoric journey.

Worst case scenario: Lampard comes back, takes a youthful Chelsea down to mid table and is destroyed by the media with headlines like "Lamps to the slaughter".

47 minutes ago, coco said:

Best case scenario: Lampard comes back, takes a youthful Chelsea on a meteoric journey.

Worst case scenario: Lampard comes back, takes a youthful Chelsea down to mid table and is destroyed by the media with headlines like "Lamps to the slaughter".

Some red top should hire you on the spot as a headline writer, coco :biggrin:

Do you have one for the worstestest of scenarios, Mourinho coming and going for a third time?

Yes Lampard might come in next season and we achieve nothing yet perhaps in that season we embed a couple more young players like Reece James and Tammy into the first team enabling a more seasoned manager to come in a year later with no transfer ban and get the 2-3 players we will likely need.

56 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Do you have one for the worstestest of scenarios, Mourinho coming and going for a third time?

On his arrival Jose and Cech are photographed shaking hands with the headline "Cech Mate"

On his departure it will be "Third time mucky"

With the potential ban and us not being able to outspend everyone anymore, the most logical appointment would be Lampard with Morris as his assistant.

With the ban the presseure will be slightly off as nobody is expecting us to do much, Lampard and Morris can come in and begin implementing our academy players, Lampard also plays a similar system to Sarri so he can carry on where Sarri left off

The likes of Allegri, Mourinho and Blanc would make no sense

You would have thought the best two candidates are Jardim and Allegri. Jardim hardly gets mentioned but he's without a doubt a top manager and has done well wherever he's been. Done amazing things at Monaco, and although he was sacked following a poor run of form, he was reinstated after Henry got sacked and steered them to safety. His achievements at Monaco are similar to Klopp's at Dortmund, because he beat PSG to the title, and got very far in the CL, with a very young exciting team. Klopp's last season at Dortmund almost saw them relegated so Jardim's poor run of form earlier this season shouldn't count against him either. Monaco were very quick to pull the trigger, considering they had sold half the team he had built.

Allegri? Top drawer. His CV stands comparison with Conte. Unlike Conte he has also proven he can stay at a club for a long time. Do we want another Italian though, that might pine for Italy after a season or two? Unlike Conte he's unlikely to fall out with the board, but maybe his methods or his playing style won't be to everyone's liking. My instinct is to say no, because we've trodden this path so many times before, and while we've been successful, there is something definitely missing at Chelsea, and that thing is called "soul".

You go to games nobody gives a toss anymore. The atmosphere is awful. There is no connection between players and fans. There is no buzz, it has gradually been eroded. People are sick and tired of managers just passing through, with no real connection to Chelsea, only to their wallet and their CV. The board are completely out of touch with the fans. The obvious choice is Lampard. He'd bring through the youth, he'd have a deep connection with the fans, he knows the club, he loves the club. The fans would be able to get behind him, wholeheartedly. It's an absolute no-brainer. 

He'd have Jody by his side, a bonafide Chelsea boy.

Sometimes it's all about timing. I'm not saying Frank is the best candidate he's not. He has one season under his belt where he led his team to 6th in the Championship with a 43% win rate. It's not great. Having said that the Derby fans love him. He has potential. We have no idea if he'll make the grade, it will be a punt, but an informed punt, given we know him so well, given we know his personality and his character, given we know he's quite a unique individual.

Normally I'd say it's way too early, it's too much of a punt, but circumstances dictate that the time is ripe, particularly if we get a ban, the time is ripe to bring in somebody we all love and somebody we know loves us. It's about connection, as well as ability. Frank is no mug, he'll want to get to the very top, he's pretty single-minded. He's smart he commands respect he's assertive and he's a leader. I'd say he's got a chance.

Anyone voting for Mourinho needs their head testing. I'd honestly rather have Rafa Benitez, or anyone else for that matter. Don't even argue with me because I don't argue with idiots. Rude this may be but it's honestly how I feel. Anyone wanting him is seriously deluded. There is nothing special about him anymore. If not Lampard the person I'd be most inclined to hire is Ten Hag.

Edit: Lampard all day long for me. It would be a brave call but maybe it's time to show a bit of courage and a bit of faith. Something is badly lacking at Chelsea. He's the guy to bring it back.

If we got the Jose from years back I would take him. Apparently his time away from football has allowed him to re-evaluate himself, so you never know.

We had a pretty decent attacking team in his first stint, he just needs the players that'll fulfill that.

I hope it is not Lampard. Purely because I would hate to see a legend sacked after 3-4 months. 

If it were him and JM, then I hope they are told that they have 3 years to start winning trophies and have to bring through and play the youth. 

Archived