mad_mac

Chelsea's next manager - evergreen post

59 minutes ago, cuppaT said:

Luckily you won’t need to endure trophies for a while either.

trophies are not the be all and end all. Waking up on match day putting my finest gear on and going to the game, meeting mates and feeling good about my team, watching decent football and just feeling connection with the club is all I ask, something that definately not there last season. Trophies are great but not a given, I can Remember when trophies were unheard of at Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Mod Stark said:

They're all coming back ain't they! We'll be able to field the 2005 team next season at this rate!

reckon they would still beat Utd, Spurs and Arsenal!

21 hours ago, cuppaT said:

It’s not different, his Chelsea connection doesn’t make him a good manager, it doesn’t make him a fit for us. What’s he going to do with no money and no goal scorers? 

Makes no sense, any manager we appoint will be in the exact same situation. No money and no goalscorers 

We need someone to come in and nurture our group of extremely talented young players and create a clear pathway into the first 11. Lampard and Morris are quite clearly the best fit for that criteria 

Posted (edited)

Lamps looks like a done deal. Can we all just be optimistic about what is about to unfold? Barring the threat of relegation we are actually going to give a manager 2+ years to implement his ways. With the ban we're essentially giving the keys to Frank and Jody to do as they wish for 2 years in the hope they can develop the younger players into something, which makes the ban inconsequential. Let's be positive 

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

6 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Lamps looks like a done deal. Can we all just be optimistic about what is about to unfold? Barring the threat of relegation we are actually going to give a manager 2+ years to implement his ways. With the ban we're essentially giving the keys to Frank and Jody to do as they wish for 2 years in the hope they can develop the younger players into something, which makes the ban inconsequential. Let's be positive 

How dare you.  You're nothing but an overly positive, blindingly supportive, apologizing cultist.

I hope if Frank is brought in that five months down the line fans aren’t booing and asking for the sack. I want someone to come and stay and give the club stability and an identity.  

That we have a way of playing that we stick to, with the right players being able to play and understand.  This will benefit the players as well. Also if we stick with a manager it means the players can’t throw tantrum and get them sacked.

7 hours ago, JM7 said:

Chelsea want to make a swift appointment now that Sarri’s situation has been resolved and Frank Lampard looks certain to make a dream return to west London, costing Chelsea £4 million in compensation. 

- The Evening Standard

Looking like we will actually make a profit on this manager swap. Marina is incredible. 

Rip off. Marina needs to get that down to no more than 2mill or we threaten to go for Blanc who is free...lol

1 hour ago, Richard P said:

I hope if Frank is brought in that five months down the line fans aren’t booing and asking for the sack. I want someone to come and stay and give the club stability and an identity.  

That we have a way of playing that we stick to, with the right players being able to play and understand.  This will benefit the players as well. Also if we stick with a manager it means the players can’t throw tantrum and get them sacked.

It will happen. Sadly. 

A lot of fans are sceptical of Frank. Some fans expect us to get top 4. 

When we don't get close to top 4, there will be a number who think it's because of Frank. Not the other factors. 

Hopefully I'm wrong. But I doubt it. 

1 hour ago, Richard P said:

I hope if Frank is brought in that five months down the line fans aren’t booing and asking for the sack.

it will happen - remember when Super Frank was playing with Citeh? Fools were straight calling him a traitor & forgetting what he did in his time with CFC. I hope I am wrong, but after seeing how the fans treated some players & now the gaffer in recent seasons, this is something to be expected.

I don’t want Frank to be our manager it is too early, this has “King Kenny” written all over it. Sorry for the negative 

As number 2 yep great,  to a high profile manager. Not sure which one though 

I would like the club to be bold, look  outside the box (sorry for the management bullsh*t)  I am going to duck as I say it ....thinking youth ...... Southgate ? 

On the other hand if it is Frank and it turns out to be inspired (forget the Scholes crap he is the most admired midfielder in Europe over recent years ask the Barca midfield to be honest!!) then I am delighted to be proved wrong. 

The future is bright, the future is not Hazard 

KTBFFH 

1 minute ago, robdog said:

it will happen - remember when Super Frank was playing with Citeh? Fools were straight calling him a traitor & forgetting what he did in his time with CFC. I hope I am wrong, but after seeing how the fans treated some players & now the gaffer in recent seasons, this is something to be expected.

Which is why Rafa is the perfect appointment, he does not care what we think about him. lol

2 minutes ago, robdog said:

it will happen - remember when Super Frank was playing with Citeh? Fools were straight calling him a traitor & forgetting what he did in his time with CFC.

Actually what I remember were the fans applauding him even when he dented our title hopes by scoring a goal against us, and every time he's returned representing another team, he's been given nothing but adulation. Besides, he won't be managing City, he'll be managing us, and the Chelsea crowd are by and large incredibly loyal, unless you're a total dick towards us as Jose was. If you're worried about Frank getting grief off the Chelsea crowd, don't be, it will never happen.

Posted (edited)

Am excited if Lampard is appointed. Question is will be Zola staying?

I read somewhere that Makelele will join Lampard too. All chelsea backroom. Love it. 

Edited by Gentian

26 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

If you're worried about Frank getting grief off the Chelsea crowd, don't be, it will never happen.

Think he meant on the forums and social media.

54 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Actually what I remember were the fans applauding him even when he dented our title hopes by scoring a goal against us, and every time he's returned representing another team, he's been given nothing but adulation. Besides, he won't be managing City, he'll be managing us, and the Chelsea crowd are by and large incredibly loyal, unless you're a total dick towards us as Jose was. If you're worried about Frank getting grief off the Chelsea crowd, don't be, it will never happen.

27 minutes ago, coco said:

Think he meant on the forums and social media.

nope, I remember there were people at the matches too doing this

Lampard.jpg?w968

Personally I support Super Frank & I will always remain a fan. However there are people who felt that Frank was a traitor & voiced their opinion as such.

47 minutes ago, Gentian said:

Am excited if Lampard is appointed. Question is will be Zola staying?

I read somewhere that Makelele will join Lampard too. All chelsea backroom. Love it. 

From what i heard he's been offered a ambassadorial role and turned it down as he wants to carry on coaching.

Is it me or has his return gone a little bit too under the radar? You would think his return after all this time even as assistant would have caused unprecedented fanfare but he's barely been adknowledged atall, not even an initial fuss was made of him.

18 minutes ago, Argo said:

From what i heard he's been offered a ambassadorial role and turned it down as he wants to carry on coaching.

Is it me or has his return gone a little bit too under the radar? You would think his return after all this time even as assistant would have caused unprecedented fanfare but he's barely been adknowledged atall, not even an initial fuss was made of him.

I believe Makalele resigned from his Belgium team coaching role in the last two days.

1 hour ago, robdog said:

Nope, I remember there were people at the matches too doing this.

It's one photo, of one man, who probably isn't even a Chelsea supporter, he probably works for the Daily Mirror and is just trying to create a story for his paper, you know, at Chelsea's expense. It's bullsh*t. Frank has never had anything but a great reception from Chelsea fans since he left us. One person holding up a bit of card is completely irrelevant. Thee are 40,000 people in the ground. There will always be the odd one, in any walk of life. It isn't even worth mentioning.

Look at the reception he got when he scored against us, when he'd just left us, when emotions would have been running high. We were going for the title, and so were City, and he equalised for them, against us. Look at the reception. The Chelsea fans stood and applauded

It may not work out with Frank, he may get sacked, he may even walk if things go wrong, but the Chelsea crowd will never turn against him. When I say crowd I can't speak for every single person, obviously, there may be one person and no doubt the cameras will zoom in on them, but what does it prove? Absolutely nothing in my book.

On 10/06/2019 at 12:52, axman2526 said:

Not saying it is the right move but I reckon it will go to Zola.

A year under the Sarri learning tree, no compo to pay, fan favorite so will be given lots of slack. Ticks too many boxes.

On 10/06/2019 at 13:06, mwblue10 said:

Dennis Wise agrees with you:

I found a bit of this interview on twitter:

2 hours ago, robdog said:

Com'on Rob. This isn't like you. Do what you do. Lift our spirits and post up some Super Frankie gifs. 

This is a bit like sweet and sour pork for me. I wish we'd done more to keep Sarri. Despite the ups and downs of the season, we've taken a football path i want to see developed. I was sad when the fans turned on him, and wished we'd been more patient. We've had dire games and we've had really good games (City at home and the two consecutive wins over Spuds at home, for example). And we played great in the Europa League final thrashing Le Arse and playing really good football.

On the other hand is great that Lampard is coming back, if indeed he is to be appointed. The football will keep a similar path, maybe youth players coming up to the first team, and it is A Club legend. I'm not worried about the fans turning on him, it won't happen, but will be sad when the board sacks him if things don't work out. And the board will expect top 4, finals and maybe silverware as they've always done no matter what (transfer ban, Hazard gone, injuries...).

Derby in the Championship 2018/19 (ratio rankings):

9th - Shots

3rd - Shots on-target

18th - Shots in the box

19th - xG

16th - xG from open play

18th - Touches in the box

10th - Deep completions

22nd - Very deep completions

5th - Possession

Should we pay any attention to these stats? We saw with Ole that the “feel good factor” wears off unless it is replaced with real quality coaching. 

Someone provide some reassurances..