3rd - Shots on-target

18th - Shots in the box

19th - xG

16th - xG from open play

18th - Touches in the box

10th - Deep completions

22nd - Very deep completions

5th - Possession

Should we pay any attention to these stats? We saw with Ole that the “feel good factor” wears off unless it is replaced with real quality coaching. 

Someone provide some reassurances..

What the hell are you playing at?

My missus has seen this post and was immediately interested when she read "touches in the box" Now she is asking  me for clarity on the difference between "deep completions" and "very deep completions" .

I have tried to change the subject and have offered to make her a nice cup of tea. 

1 minute ago, just said:

My missus has seen this post and was immediately interested when she read "touches in the box" Now she is asking  me for clarity on the difference between "deep completions" and "very deep completions" .

I have tried to change the subject and have offered to make her a nice cup of tea. 

I've had a word with JT and he says he'll be very happy to explain all this to her.

34 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Derby in the Championship 2018/19 (ratio rankings):

9th - Shots

3rd - Shots on-target

18th - Shots in the box

19th - xG

16th - xG from open play

10th - Deep completions

5th - Possession

Should we pay any attention to these stats? We saw with Ole that the “feel good factor” wears off unless it is replaced with real quality coaching. 

It looks like the 'why dont we shoot from distance more often' crowd will be happy. Those stats tell me Derby took quite a few speculative shots from distance that were easily saved. 

I wish we could have kept Sarri but he's had his head turned and the club will be happy collecting a fee for a manger for a change. 

Lampard is the best option available given our ban so keep your head up. It could be Zola instead. 

Derby in the Championship 2018/19 (ratio rankings):
9th - Shots
3rd - Shots on-target
18th - Shots in the box
19th - xG
16th - xG from open play
10th - Deep completions
5th - Possession

Now imagine Our stats next season without a true goal scorer

On 14/06/2019 at 02:04, Backbiter said:

Crisis club Chelsea turn to ex-City player who's won nothing.

That’s the spirit.

13 hours ago, chi blue said:

trophies are not the be all and end all. Waking up on match day putting my finest gear on and going to the game, meeting mates and feeling good about my team, watching decent football and just feeling connection with the club is all I ask, something that definately not there last season. Trophies are great but not a given, I can Remember when trophies were unheard of at Chelsea.

Nutshell

Hard not to get excited about the idea of Frank coming back, even if he doesn't really have the chops to manage us just yet. 

My favourite part this is surely the end of player power (at least for medicore players) and the beginning of an era of more academy graduates. It'll be different but a few of us have been waiting for this for a while. Can't wait tbh.

7 hours ago, just said:

:laugh2:

I was expecting more from you, just

15 hours ago, chi blue said:

trophies are not the be all and end all. Waking up on match day putting my finest gear on and going to the game, meeting mates and feeling good about my team, watching decent football and just feeling connection with the club is all I ask, something that definately not there last season. Trophies are great but not a given, I can Remember when trophies were unheard of at Chelsea.

This is why I envy the supporters who can go to matches on a regular basis. Well put, chi. It's practically the background for our song Blue Day.

3 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Hard not to get excited about the idea of Frank coming back, even if he doesn't really have the chops to manage us just yet. 

My favourite part this is surely the end of player power (at least for medicore players) and the beginning of an era of more academy graduates. It'll be different but a few of us have been waiting for this for a while. Can't wait tbh.

Do you really think this is a beginning of an era? I think this is a stopgap solution. Frank might well survive the first season because without transfers the expectations can't be that high. Come the following season and we have our answers. 

Why would you think Frank ends player power? He is very young manager. I would think someone like Conte can control that much better and end of the day he couldn't. However I'm not sure if something like that excist in Chelsea. 

Anyway I'm excited about next season. Hope Petr comes back as well. 

40 minutes ago, evissy said:

Do you really think this is a beginning of an era? I think this is a stopgap solution. Frank might well survive the first season because without transfers the expectations can't be that high. Come the following season and we have our answers. 

Why would you think Frank ends player power? He is very young manager. I would think someone like Conte can control that much better and end of the day he couldn't. However I'm not sure if something like that excist in Chelsea. 

23 minutes ago, evissy said:

Btw everybody is saying Lampard will give the youth a chance... Where does this come from? I'm pretty sure he will assess every player first and makes his decisions based on that. 

Stop being so sensible. You know there is no place for that here.

51 minutes ago, evissy said:

I think it's a new era of giving some more young players a go. Frank was blooding Mount and Tomori at Derby and Morris will have coached most of our youngsters in our u18s work. I think we'll see more of that this season. Be great for another at least another two to break through as CHO and RLC did this year.

Frank ends player power because he has a direct line to Roman and when the choice comes this time between players like Willian and Luiz and the manager it won't be them who wins for once.

He's green and I think we will have overachieved if we make the CL with a transfer ban and having lost our best player and half our goals. We've a chance to reset and I'm excited by that.

A bit depressing, we spent a lot of money on Jorginho, what happens now? What if the next manager we bring in doesn't want to play with a regista or has absolutely no role for Jorginho? 

Ughh... Just please try to pick somebody that would follow in Sarri's footsteps or who wants possession-attacking football. And who I'm seeing on the bookies, I'm not liking one bit. 

23 minutes ago, Slojo said:

A bit depressing, we spent a lot of money on Jorginho, what happens now? What if the next manager we bring in doesn't want to play with a regista or has absolutely no role for Jorginho? 

Ughh... Just please try to pick somebody that would follow in Sarri's footsteps or who wants possession-attacking football. And who I'm seeing on the bookies, I'm not liking one bit. 

I think it’s bigger than one player. The new manager will have his own ideas no doubt and hopefully we stick to the same sort of philosophy Sarri tried to implement as it would be a wasted year otherwise.

Jorginho or no Jorginho I’m not too fussed, I just want us to kick on and stick to a style we believed in. 

2 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

I’m one whose been waiting to see some youngsters come through, there’s just something about seeing them come through into the first team that’s so satisfying knowing you’ve grown your own. Plus it saves millions on garbage like Zappa and Drinkwater just to name a couple.

Add in Frank at the helm who’ll command respect purely from his status and the feel good factor he’ll bring to the bridge makes me excited for the new season.

Granted we may not challenge for major honours for a couple of seasons but we weren’t always title winners and I think people seem to forget that but if Frank gets time to settle in and get some youngsters through with Cech bridging the gap to the board we could finally get some stability and fingers crossed be back to the top of the pile within a few years.

15 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

I think it’s bigger than one player. The new manager will have his own ideas no doubt and hopefully we stick to the same sort of philosophy Sarri tried to implement as it would be a wasted year otherwise.

Jorginho or no Jorginho I’m not too fussed, I just want us to kick on and stick to a style we believed in. 

Obviously, I don't think it's just about one player, I'm using him as an example. We paid 50 million for him and we could potentially be putting that to waste in just one season because once again we are changing managers. 

42 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Obviously, I don't think it's just about one player, I'm using him as an example. We paid 50 million for him and we could potentially be putting that to waste in just one season because once again we are changing managers. 

I very much doubt Lampard or anyone will drop Jorginho currently, who will replace him? We ain't signing Kovacic, he won't be dropped for Bakayoko or Drinkwater, Mount and Barkley will be competing for the more attacking position in the midfield three.

I don't think any manager will drop Jorginho anyway but certainly not now given who the alternatives are.

2 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

I think it's a new era of giving some more young players a go. Frank was blooding Mount and Tomori at Derby and Morris will have coached most of our youngsters in our u18s work. I think we'll see more of that this season. Be great for another at least another two to break through as CHO and RLC did this year.

Frank ends player power because he has a direct line to Roman and when the choice comes this time between players like Willian and Luiz and the manager it won't be them who wins for once.

He's green and I think we will have overachieved if we make the CL with a transfer ban and having lost our best player and half our goals. We've a chance to reset and I'm excited by that.

I really hope you are right. There are about 12 managers in the market who have tried at Chelsea. To none of them we have such tight ties with like Frank. 

21 minutes ago, Zeta said:

This is what happens when you are badly run. You end up with a whole squad of players bought to suit about 3 different managers and their drastically different styles.

Kepa(Sarri)

Azpilcueta(FSW)  Rudiger(Conte) Luiz(Conte) Emerson(Conte)

Kante (Conte) Jorginho(Sarri)

Barkley(Conte)

Willian(Jose)                                                           Pedro(Jose)

Giroud(Conte)

It's that attack that you have to laugh at really, two wide forwards who dont cross, and a center forward that survives of crosses.

3 hours ago, Slojo said:

This is our challenge, every coach wants players to suit their style and when you go through them  like we do you end up wasting lots of money. We need a consistent approach top to bottom that guides our manager selection, our recruitment and youth development. Until we have that we'll continue to piss money away.

2 hours ago, coco said:

Kepa(Sarri)

Azpilcueta(FSW)  Rudiger(Conte) Luiz(Conte) Emerson(Conte)

Kante (Conte) Jorginho(Sarri)

Barkley(Conte)

Willian(Jose)                                                           Pedro(Jose)

Giroud(Conte)

It's that attack that you have to laugh at really, two wide forwards who dont cross, and a center forward that survives of crosses.

It's going to be interesting next year. With Hazard and half our goals gone we will either have to be very high pressing to create chances and goals or a deep counter attack team that doesn't concede many. 

Giroud could be an odd one out big time. Crazy as it sounds. If we go the high press route Michy might even get a run. Fascinating summer coming up can't wait for our friendlies to see what Frank does.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, evissy said:

I really hope you are right. There are about 12 managers in the market who have tried at Chelsea. To none of them we have such tight ties with like Frank. 

Part of the furniture for a decade plus- knows the owner- World Class footballer - Possibly our greatest ever player which hopefully will garner him some slack with our fickle as sh*t support - Clever chap by all accounts - Is if really that much of a gamble? 

Personally think it would be a bigger gamble to decide not to take him on.

Edit: there a strong rumour his backroom staff may contain certain relatives......

Edited by Ewell CFC

My two pennies worth, and it ain’t worth anything, but

Go with Frank & Jody.

Play the youngsters.

Accept we won’t be in top four, but mid table, for a couple of seasons.

Still pretty good compared to early 80s. Some of us remember when winning the ZDS was a massive day out, or an away trip to Grimsby