mad_mac

Chelsea's next manager - evergreen post

11 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Reading that Zola will be leaving. I o hope that Joe Cole stays on as a coach though.

To be fair zola fantastic player and personality but not very good at all as a manager, I don’t think he has enough presence he is too nice of a guy, as an assistant however, you can be a poor head coach but good assistant coach, trouble is it’s hard to really gauge the assistant coaches work from the outside over a short period so who knows how good a job he did.

He has a strong connection to Chelsea so if he is leaving I’m not sure what that indicates as he is in no way obliged to leave because sarri left, it may well be the new manager we have lined up isn’t keen on him, we may know in time, but I do miss having a figure like Steve Holland who stayed in regardless of manager it gave us at least some stability with staff. 

41 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Reading that Zola will be leaving. I o hope that Joe Cole stays on as a coach though.

Zola is first team coach, Joe works with the youth squads, so changes at first team shouldn’t affect him

Still want Lampard...but am quietly confident that the rumours are real and Jose is coming back. I, for one, would welcome Mourinho's return. I still think he suits us and that we can make this work in the long term. 

26 minutes ago, CFC-Forever said:

Still want Lampard...but am quietly confident that the rumours are real and Jose is coming back. I, for one, would welcome Mourinho's return. I still think he suits us and that we can make this work in the long term. 

Mad

6 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Mad

Care to elaborate? Look, I've never gotten why so many of our fans hate Jose. He's our most successful manager of all time. I'm not buying that he's done. He's still capable and would thrive under the pressure, IMO.

1 hour ago, CFC-Forever said:

Care to elaborate? Look, I've never gotten why so many of our fans hate Jose. He's our most successful manager of all time. I'm not buying that he's done. He's still capable and would thrive under the pressure, IMO.

Because he’s turned into a miserable c**t who looks to pick fights with everybody, namely his star players.  And if anything, he’s show recently that he crumbles terribly under pressure.

We need to worry less about the manager and more on the project going forward. Based on the actual direction the club will take, a manager that shares the same ideals would be more likely to stay long term.

A 2-3 year plan in which we develop youth players and clean up the squad would see us put some strong foundations in place that would rely less on who is the manager and more on the club's philosophy. 

Edited by Radar2032

1 hour ago, Radar2032 said:

We need to worry less about the manager and more on the project going forward. Based on the actual direction the club will take, a manager that shares the same ideals would be more likely to stay long term.

A 2-3 year plan in which we develop youth players and clean up the squad would see us put some strong foundations in place that would rely less on who is the manager and more on the club's philosophy. 

Spot on. This is why a Frank/Morris combo appeals. The last two years have shown give our youth a run of games and they'll becpme regulars. CHO, Andreas and RLC have led the way. We need more to follow.

6 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Because he’s turned into a miserable c**t who looks to pick fights with everybody, namely his star players.  And if anything, he’s show recently that he crumbles terribly under pressure.

Quite right. In cricket parlance he’s a flat track bully.

Ok when everything’s fine, a few dark clouds appear on his horizon and he implodes.

14 hours ago, g3.7 said:

A guarantee that is not worth the paper it isn't written on. 

While it is nice to have lamps back at the club the reality is he's- on the strength of his managerial cv- the least qualified person to be appointed by the club since gullit. 

Im pretty worried. 

heya - good to see posting again.

who do you suggest instead?

I love Lampard and if he does get the gig I'd back him all the way but its far too soon for him. It would be like Ole at Utd except Lamps doesnt have anywhere near as much experience or the ability to largely change the squad.

Hes on a hiding to nothing if he gets the job and this time next year, after finishing 6th and being dumped out of every cup competition, there'll be fans looking for his head. 

Chelsea is far too big of a club to be hiring a manager from the Championship thats after 1 year off managing. 

All these comparisons between what Zidane and Pep done with Real and Barca, they simply dont apply here, Real and Barca had 2 of the best squads on the planet when both took over, Lamps would be taking over a good squad but one that needs a goal scorer and has just lost its best player.

On the other hand, if it was Jose or Lamps, I'd take Lamps every day, Jose is done, hes a decent pundit and thats where he should stay, hiring Jose offers a few months off the players turning up and performing but then he'll end up falling out with everyone from Roman to the tea lady.

I have already given up on the forthcoming season. It’s clear;y going to be a bs season with yet another manager who may or may not have yet another system that will take half a season to get used to. Jorginho clearly will be unhappy, no striker.... The list goes on. We may get something from the ashes but right now in stickbroking terms we are a short. I can’t believe how we have chewed through conte and Sarri two excellent managers with two fantastic but different systems in just 3 seasons. Like David Crosby blowing up the Byrds and CSNY. 

42 minutes ago, Delnino said:

. All these comparisons between what Zidane and Pep done with Real and Barca, they simply dont apply here, Real and Barca had 2 of the best squads on the planet when both took over, Lamps would be taking over a good squad but one that needs a goal scorer and has just lost its best player.

It wouldn't apply if we were expecting Lampard to have a similar impact in terms of winning immediately but we ain't.

Pep was expected to win one of the big two and won both with the domestic cup on top, so in that sense he overachieved. Lampard doing similar (overachieving) with this squad would be top 4, domestic cup and deep CL run something which will be hard but certainly possible.

Lampard for me over anyone, dont particularly care about winning things just want a team that plays for the badge, really think him and Morris could motivate them and make use of younger players.

Super super Frank

16 minutes ago, Argo said:

It wouldn't apply if we were expecting Lampard to have a similar impact in terms of winning immediately but we ain't.

Pep was expected to win one of the big two and won both with the domestic cup on top, so in that sense he overachieved. Lampard doing similar (overachieving) with this squad would be top 4, domestic cup and deep CL run something which will be hard but certainly possible.

Right now, I'd take finishing top 4 as a great achievement from Lamps. Everything else is a bonus.

I can see us drawing Real Madrid in the group stages too, would be nice to play against that snake Tbo for the difference in reception he'd get to Hazard.

We could face Real & Hazard/Tbo and Napoli with Carlo in Pot 2 and Inter with Conte from Pot 3.

Lots of potential reunions on the cards for Chelsea in this CL draw.

Would like to see Frank given the opportunity, not really sure it would be a risk as the expectations would be relatively low really while we are in a transfer ban. Whoever get the job; 'interim' or otherwise, that he plays some of the 100 million players we have on loan who have proved worthy and gets rid of the dead wood by having a massive clear out i.e. the likes of Drinkwater etc together with a couple of the first team..e.g Willian, Giroud and gives the kids the chance they deserve.  And can only see Frank / Jodie or Steve Holland fitting the bill....but please no FSW, Jose (as entertaining as it would be) or other foreign tripe that will simply take the money and run... 

What I will say, if Lamps is hired, the return of Morris is huge and something we shouldnt take for granted.

Derby might offer Morris the main job but if we're bringing in Lamps, we have to get Morris as well, leaving him at Derby would be a massive mistake.