mad_mac

Chelsea's next manager - evergreen post

Can't believe half of the things I'm reading on here. So many doubting Lamps and Jose. I don't think many of you understand that these are two LEGENDS we're talking about. I know that past glories (whether in a shirt or on the touchline) shouldn't influence decisions, but the truth is...they're both capable. Yes, Frank doesn't have the experience. But just like a few others have noted, look at Zidane and Pep. Strong connections to a club can make all the difference. That's why I don't think Ole's done at United yet. It creates a sense of belonging amongst the fans. Lamps is one of our own and when the going gets tough (and I'm sure it will next year, whoever is manager), we'd stand by him. I can't imagine one, real fan turning on him in his first year.

Now as for Jose...I can't believe the outright hatred so many of you seem to have towards him. One person even calling me...'mad' for daring to suggest his return. Let me explain my thinking. Class is permanent. It never goes. Jose is more than capable of bringing success. The way some of you talk it's as though his second stint here was a disaster from day one. All we had was a bad four months. That's it. Yes, there were problems. But the ones who mostly turned against him (Costa and Hazard, IMO) are now gone. It may look as though trouble follows him around. But he's a strong manager. He won't stand for players not giving it their all and I respect that. The reason it went wrong at United is because he realised that Pogba was a lazy player, and the rest of the pampered squad turned on him. Player power is the problem in this case. Not Jose.

So yeah. That's my opinion. And in future, if people can refrain from mocking my opinions that would be great.

Edited by CFC-Forever

15 minutes ago, CFC-Forever said:

Can't believe half of the things I'm reading on here. So many doubting Lamps and Jose. I don't think many of you understand that these are two LEGENDS we're talking about. I know that past glories (whether in a shirt or on the touchline) shouldn't influence decisions, but the truth is...they're both capable. Yes, Frank doesn't have the experience. But just like a few others have noted, look at Zidane and Pep. Strong connections to a club can make all the difference. That's why I don't think Ole's done at United yet. It creates a sense of belonging amongst the fans. Lamps is one of our own and when the going gets tough (and I'm sure it will next year, whoever is manager), we'd stand by him. I can't imagine one, real fan turning on him in his first year.

Now as for Jose...I can't believe the outright hatred so many of you seem to have towards him. One person even calling me...'mad' for daring to suggest his return. Let me explain my thinking. Class is permanent. It never goes. Jose is more than capable of bringing success. The way some of you talk it's as though his second stint here was a disaster from day one. All we had was a bad four months. That's it. Yes, there were problems. But the ones who mostly turned against him (Costa and Hazard, IMO) are now gone. It may look as though trouble follows him around. But he's a strong manager. He won't stand for players not giving it their all and I respect that. The reason it went wrong at United is because he realised that Pogba was a lazy player, and the rest of the pampered squad turned on him. Player power is the problem in this case. Not Jose.

So yeah. That's my opinion. And in future, if people can refrain from mocking my opinions that would be great.

Jose is the reason that De Bruyne, Lukaku and Mo Salah are all top 10 players in the world....for other teams.

Remember when Jose wanted to physically confront one of our assistant coaches when he was visiting at the Bridge?

Remember when Jose told Conte to be quiet when we beat ManU 4:nil?

Remember when Jose said that he would feel embarrassed to win Europa League because according to him it's for small teams, that year we first time won it with Rafa? Only to feel like he's over the moon when he won it some year after that...

So many examples of why respect is a two way street, fans that remember Jose as a whole person from start to finish don't want him back, be sure of it.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Remember when Jose wanted to physically confront one of our assistant coaches when he was visiting at the Bridge?

Remember when Jose told Conte to be quiet when we beat ManU 4:nil?

Remember when Jose said that he would feel embarrassed to win Europa League because according to him it's for small teams, that year we first time won it with Rafa? Only to feel like he's over the moon when he won it some year after that...

So many examples of why respect is a two way street, fans that remember Jose as a whole person from start to finish don't want him back, be sure of it.

That's Jose's personality. He has more than a few narcissistic character traits. But this is only football at the end of the day. I'm not going to judge a man too harshly for things he's said/done in the past. Should I hold a grudge against David Luiz, too? His wild OOT celebration against us when he scored for PSG was the height of disrespect. But at the end of the day life's too short. You forgive, forget and move on.

EDIT. Jose's comment regarding the Europa League was aimed at Rafa. He's the only rival manager he genuinely seemed to dislike off the pitch (him and Wenger were frenemies underneath it all, I can tell that from their recent interactions).

Edited by CFC-Forever

2 hours ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

Jose is the reason that De Bruyne, Lukaku and Mo Salah are all top 10 players in the world....for other teams.

Fair enough, De Bruyne and Salah. But Lukaku? Nowhere near top 10 in the world.

On 16/06/2019 at 17:17, g3.7 said:

A guarantee that is not worth the paper it isn't written on. 

While it is nice to have lamps back at the club the reality is he's- on the strength of his managerial cv- the least qualified person to be appointed by the club since gullit. 

Im pretty worried. 

Admittedly it does bother me that I'm going to have to backtrack on the last six months of pisstaking which I've dished out to the Man Utd fans regarding their purely sentimental managerial appointment...

If anyone ever hears me say the words 'but he gets the club' they have my full consent to take me out back and have me shot.

7 hours ago, Gol15 said:

DOF is overrated!

Depends on how much power the position is given. At Chelsea i think it would be more of an advisory roll 

5 hours ago, CFC-Forever said:

Class is permanent isn't actually a thing. It's just an inane thing pundits say in place of making a real point. 

Historically in football vey very few top managers have kept it up for longer than a decade. Because the game evolves and the managers don't keep up. SAF is the greatest manager of all time for this reason. 

Everything else you've written is just tabloid drivel. The evidence is that he's able to win trophies and then trash a club. Chelsea, united, real Madrid all in worse positions when he left than when he joined. He's extremely reliant on the transfer market, which he can't use here. I anticipate our youth players will be slagged off and their development severely set back. RLC and CHO will leave next summer. 

Anyway, I mainly called you mad because you thought it would happen. I think you're an idiot for believing he's the right choice. That's my opinion. 

Edited by bisright1

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

Class is permanent isn't actually a thing. It's just an inane thing pundits say in place of making a real point. 

Historically in football vey very few top managers have kept it up for longer than a decade. Because the game evolves and the managers don't keep up. SAF is the greatest manager of all time for this reason. 

Everything else you've written is just tabloid drivel. The evidence is that he's able to win trophies and then trash a club. Chelsea, united, real Madrid all in worse positions when he left than when he joined. He's extremely reliant on the transfer market, which he can't use here. I anticipate our youth players will be slagged off and their development severely set back. RLC and CHO will leave next summer. 

Anyway, I mainly called you mad because you thought it would happen. I think you're an idiot for believing he's the right choice. That's my opinion. 

Resorting to ad hominem says it all, really. But if you think that Mourinho's legacy will be trashing clubs and leaving them in worse positions than when he joined... then all I can say is you know very little about football. He is a proven winner and I think deserves another chance should Lampard decline our offer... But hey ho. It's your opinion, just as I have mine.

At the end of the day, it's not my fault you're triggered by my opinion.

6 hours ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

Mourinho wasn't the reason those players left, it was our beloved board. Managers at Chelsea have very little say on the comings and goings of players.

28 minutes ago, CFC-Forever said:

Resorting to ad hominem says it all, really. But if you think that Mourinho's legacy will be trashing clubs and leaving them in worse positions than when he joined... then all I can say is you know very little about football. He is a proven winner and I think deserves another chance should Lampard decline our offer... But hey ho. It's your opinion, just as I have mine.

Triggered? Ad homineum? Jesus get over yourself.

I said your opinion was wrong, I said why. Then i called you an idiot. Because I think your opinion is stupid. Im not triggered by it, I just think it was an idiotic opinion. 

Jose's legacy is his period from 2003-2012. 

I think since then, he's been a manager that is too volatile and hasn't reacted to the changing nature of individual footballers and footballing tactics. 

That's not a bad thing, most managers don't stay world class for more than 10 years. There are countless examples of managers at the top being temporary. Cruyff, Clough, Wenger, Van Gaal. 

Edited by bisright1

44 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Triggered? Ad homineum? Jesus get over yourself.

I said your opinion was wrong, I said why. Then i called you an idiot. Because I think your opinion is stupid. Im not triggered by it, I just think it was an idiotic opinion. 

Jose's legacy is his period from 2003-2012. 

I think since then, he's been a manager that is too volatile and hasn't reacted to the changing nature of individual footballers and footballing tactics. 

That's not a bad thing, most managers don't stay world class for more than 10 years. There are countless examples of managers at the top being temporary. Cruyff, Clough, Wenger, Van Gaal. 

Look, I completely get where you're coming from regarding your thoughts on Jose...I just disagree with you. You see, an opinion can never be wrong. And calling someone whom you know practically nothing about an idiot is just argumentative and rude. 

7 hours ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

I get your general point, but I wouldn't necessarily put De Bruyne in the top 10, and certainly not Lukaku ?

21 minutes ago, CFC-Forever said:

Look, I completely get where you're coming from regarding your thoughts on Jose...I just disagree with you. You see, an opinion can never be wrong. And calling someone whom you know practically nothing about an idiot is just argumentative and rude. 

My opinion is that someone who thinks Jose would be a good managerial appointment is a person of low intellect. Sorry if that offends or triggers you. 

In terms of Lampard i think people should remember that he's about to bring a great team of assistants and coaches with him too the club. We are all familiar with the work Jody did here at youth and reserve-level which will be a fantastic asset in our current situation where we are right at the cusp of a rebuild. There are also strong rumours that Claude Makelele is joining the staff and he also have a lot of experience from several top sides and Petr Cech is coming in as a director so it's not like we are bringing in "just" Lampard here without doing anything else.

27 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

My opinion is that someone who thinks Jose would be a good managerial appointment is a person of low intellect. Sorry if that offends or triggers you. 

Haha. Not at all. Whereas I think you're a bit of an ignorant prick. Take care, mate.

2 hours ago, CFC-Forever said:

He was a proven winner. He’s now senile, depressed, boring, and toxic. Just like I will be by summer 2020.

I'm missing the Sarri in Sarri out thread already!! may of been extreme differences of opinions on it, but don't remember any personal abuse between posters.

I'm for Sarri in!! so we can bring the thread back.

Edited by chi blue

18 minutes ago, chi blue said:

I'm missing the Sarri in Sarri out thread already!! may of been extreme differences of opinions on it, but don't remember any personal abuse between posters.

typical, his biggest critic wants him back, same as the infamous RIP and YorkleyB love affair.

39 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Like the topics themselves....

Sarri wouldnt get into personal abuse so neither would the debate over whether he is good. Jose on the other hand .... well he liked to slag off 20 year old kids in public, what do you expect from keyboard bashers. Just thinking about Jose makes me hateful.

11 hours ago, CFC-Forever said:

Class is permanent? Tell that to Arsenal fans who had to witness Wenger's decline from a great to a joke figure infront of their eyes or Liverpool fans who saw Kenny return and finish in their worst position since the 50's or Forest fans who saw Clough eventually relegate them or England fans who saw the great Capello oversee a world cup humiliation or United fans who saw LVG.

Very few have displayed any hate for Jose here, just simply pointing out that he just isn't a top manager in the modern day and he certainly isn't suited to us right now. 

Edited by Argo