mad_mac

Chelsea's next manager - evergreen post

29 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Luis Enrique has stepped down as coach of the Spanish national team for personal reasons.

I think Frank coming to Chelsea is all but done but I wouldn't rule out us being linked with Enrique before long. 

That's the key word. His daughter is sick... (Hope for a speedy recovery) That's why he's stepping down. 

No way he'll be back in management any time soon.

31 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Luis Enrique has stepped down as coach of the Spanish national team for personal reasons. 

I think Frank coming to Chelsea is all but done but I wouldn't rule out us being linked with Enrique before long. 

I doubt it, the whole reason he's quit is personal reasons have rendered him unable to do his job and that was at International level.

Just going on the record here to say I’m all in favor of Lampard. 

Experience is good but overrated.  I think he’s got the rare combination of intelligence and personality to become a world class manager. 

If anyone can break the cycle of up-down-system change-sack-hire then it’s Frank Lampard. 

Why? 

Can’t say for sure.  Gut instinct plus a close watch of the way Derby played and the way the fans there treated him.  

My feeling is that Chelsea have won in recent years DESPITE  the madness.  I’d love it if we could win BECAUSE of a rational plan.  

Also: to everyone who says we wouldn’t hire him if he weren’t a club legend. Of course   You’re right. That’s part of the appeal. He scored 200 against...

Anyway ... sign him up